What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

I don't want to see this happen. I think Marchand is the real thing. I think PC will sign him.

But after reading some posts in favour of Boston doing the unthinkable (trading Marchand), enquiring minds would like to know what Boston could get in return for Marchand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

A second round pick from a good team, a third round pick from a bad one.

OR

An unproven prospect

OR

A young forward

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

A trade ain't gonna happen.

I expect that the longer this stalemate goes on, the closer they get to a one year contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

With the Savard situation knowing Savy will not be back for this season they
    (the Bruins mngt.) can make a better offer to keep Marchand in for a 3 yr. contract. If the decision came to a trade Marchand would definitely get other GM's attention quickly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Which GM's attention? He hasn't gotten any offers, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Don't worry - with Savard done for this year and likely next - Marchand is one step closer to a deal.  He will sign.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Crucified in the press, on blogs, on boards....

NAS is about right in terms of what the return would be, so why would you ever make that deal?  You'd be better off sitting on him until he signs than take back the best of a bad set of offers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

All this Marchand attention has been very hush hush don't say a word. Marchand could be asked by other GM's without our knowing and PC is sitting on this waiting, like PC always does very patient. Bruins Fan in NJ how do we know if he is not wanted. I just assuming Marchand is going no where but if he is put on the open trade blocks. PC would be getting calls. Marchand, Bergy and Thomas were the most consistent players in the play off run last season. The bruins won the cup because of depth but Marchand was a big impact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

a pissed off fanbase

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I think they could get a 1st rounder for Marshmont. 

Do you seriously think they would give him away for a 3rd round pick?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

He'll be signed by the start of training camp, even if it's just for a year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

GET THE LITTLE S HIT SIGNED MARCHAND WILL PUT POINTS UP ARE WE GOIN TO TRADE HIM FOR A BUNCH OF NOBODIES SEEN WHAT WE LOST WHEN WE TRADED A HIGH DRAFT PICK FOR A ARSEHOILE FROIM THE LEAFS KARBELLE USELESS PIECE OF S HIT  SIGN MARCHAND 4 YEARS 2.5 MILLION

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

It's actually pretty easy to figure out what Marchand would get in terms of picks:

(1) Take the salary the other team is willing to pay Marchand

(2) Compare it against the compensation for signing another team's RFA

(3) Add a premium so the Bruins have incentive to make the trade instead of match

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Nothing... He is an immature, shirtless, non-atuograph signing, leaving early from event, cheap-shot artist RAT! Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:
    [QUOTE]It's actually pretty easy to figure out what Marchand would get in terms of picks: (1) Take the salary the other team is willing to pay Marchand (2) Compare it against the compensation for signing another team's RFA (3) Add a premium so the Bruins have incentive to make the trade instead of match
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

The problem with this scenario is.. if florida is willing to give marchand 4 years at 4.5m the bruins will not want to match that, why should florida in turn over pay..

The trade will come down to what would the bruins match, and that's a 2nd round pick (about 3.1m) the next bracket would be a 1st and 3rd.. So maybe the bruins could get a 1st pick even.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I think they could get a 1st rounder for Marshmont.  Do you seriously think they would give him away for a 3rd round pick?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

There would be 29 other GM's licking there chops at that one.

As noted on this board in the past the percentage of 3rd rounders in the draft making the NHL are small. The Bruins were lucky enough to have one that made it ( Marchand ). So saying that is all they'd get for him presently is less then for what he is worth IMO.

For curiousity sake I researched trades for draft picks in the area of the 3rd round .

Feb 28

Joel Perreault
    3rd round pick (2012)
    To: Vancouver Canucks

Feb 28

Evan Oberg
    3rd round pick (2011)

To: Anaheim Ducks
    3rd round pick (2012)
    To: St. Louis Blues

3rd-round draft pick

Is Marchand's present value the same as RatPierre's, Halpern's , Higgins or Winchester's when they were traded ?

I took these trades from http://tradedeadline.thescore.com/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] a pissed off fanbase Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

^Yep!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

We dont know anything because PC already knows what he will offer (or match ) and already likely has calls with offers. He is patient and if the right team offered there 2012 1st round pick, meaning a crack at a 1st over all in 2012 i am sure pc would consider it. Marchand amazed all of us fans this year and a few gms.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]All this Marchand attention has been very hush hush don't say a word. Marchand could be asked by other GM's without our knowing and PC is sitting on this waiting, like PC always does very patient. Bruins Fan in NJ how do we know if he is not wanted. I just assuming Marchand is going no where but if he is put on the open trade blocks. PC would be getting calls. Marchand, Bergy and Thomas were the most consistent players in the play off run last season. The bruins won the cup because of depth but Marchand was a big impact.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

any idea what an offer sheet is?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins could get something good, but whatever it is, it wouldn't be as good as Marchand.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

A bag of pucks? Throw in Hamill and we could get Malkin probably...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If they're trading him under duress, they won't get "fair" value, so it's hard compare teams making deadline acquisitions to teams poaching a young player in a contract dispute.  The only way trade value comes close to a 1st and 3rd, then, is if the sticking point is the salary they'd have to offer and not the picks - say Buffalo wants to make the move, but knows they can only clear about $3M to sign BM.  They can't afford to pry him away picks or no picks.  So - maybe they offer something crazy to get his rights rather than drop an offer sheet.

No, if this becomes a trade discussion the compensatory picks go out the window.  Different mechanism all together.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

First of all, he won't get traded.  I like Book's reference to Buffalo.  I would take Drew Stafford in a trade for Marchand.  The extra salary is easily be handled by Boston and Buffalo could use some cap relief.  I also like to dump Marchand in Nashville for Colin Wilson, and a maybe 3rd rounder.  Meanwhile back at the tarded ranch, PC will sign him but it will be in line with Krejci's contract from last year.  Most likely 3 years at 3 million something.  To this fiscally conservative fan, Marchand is not worth the length of 3 years even at that price.  Too many players to sign in the next fews years that are a bit above the caliber of Marchand.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]If they're trading him under duress, they won't get "fair" value,so it's hard compare teams making deadline acquisitions to teams poaching a young player in a contract dispute.  The only way trade value comes close to a 1st and 3rd, then, is if the sticking point is the salary they'd have to offer and not the picks - say Buffalo wants to make the move, but knows they can only clear about $3M to sign BM.  They can't afford to pry him away picks or no picks.  So - maybe they offer something crazy to get his rights rather than drop an offer sheet. No, if this becomes a trade discussion the compensatory picks go out the window.  Different mechanism all together.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

The Bruins did okay under duress with the Kessel deal . I'd say that they got fair value at the time of the deal even before the Leafs went for a dump two years in a row to make it an even better deal.

Sections
Shortcuts