What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

Yeah, but there are extenuating circumstances there.  Burke had a man-crush on Kessel.  He went out and made subsidiary deals to position himself for an offer sheet, and he chose to give the Bruins a better package than the compensation in order to get his guy.  He thinks the way bruins8 does about Kessel, and after running his mouth about desperate GMs of mismanaged teams driving the salary structure out of whack with offer sheets, he chose to cover his assets.  It's far more likely that GMs act predatorily in a situation like this unless there's  market of teams competing.  The Bruins got the best of a situation you'd rather avoid in this case.  If the Leafs don't play quite so dreadfully - say they just miss the playoffs - the Bruins might have still have ended up with Knight (depending on who else had him rated well), but Jaden Schwartz instead of Seguin and Oleksiak instead of Hamilton.  How big of a drop that turns out to be depends on whether Seguin becomes a superstar and whether or not you believe the Bruins win the T-Bag series without Seguin's huge game.  Schwartz would still be in Colorado playing NCAA hockey.  And I would give Hamilton a much better shot of becoming a top pairing defenseman than Oleksiak, but I've seen more of him. 

I don't see any signs of a GM having a man-crush on Marchand - and no, I can't say that for sure  but no one has shown signs like reacquiring a necessary pick. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, but there are extenuating circumstances there.  Burke had a man-crush on Kessel.  He went out and made subsidiary deals to position himself for an offer sheet, and he chose to give the Bruins a better package than the compensation in order to get his guy.  He thinks the way bruins8 does about Kessel, and after running his mouth about desperate GMs of mismanaged teams driving the salary structure out of whack with offer sheets, he chose to cover his assets.  It's far more likely that GMs act predatorily in a situation like this unless there's  market of teams competing.  The Bruins got the best of a situation you'd rather avoid in this case.  If the Leafs don't play quite so dreadfully - say they just miss the playoffs - the Bruins might have still have ended up with Knight (depending on who else had him rated well), but Jaden Schwartz instead of Seguin and Oleksiak instead of Hamilton.  How big of a drop that turns out to be depends on whether Seguin becomes a superstar and whether or not you believe the Bruins win the T-Bag series without Seguin's huge game.  Schwartz would still be in Colorado playing NCAA hockey.  And I would give Hamilton a much better shot of becoming a top pairing defenseman than Oleksiak, but I've seen more of him.  I don't see any signs of a GM having a man-crush on Marchand - and no, I can't say that for sure  but no one has shown signs like reacquiring a necessary pick. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

You were a little hard on Burke in this post . Comparing his thinking with bruins8. Low blow !

Good post ! And the thing I liked about it best . No stats used to back up who you liked better between Hamilton and Oleksiak. Nice ! Style of play maybe.

Just teasing, teach .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"With no contract done for RFA Brad Marchand and camp close, the Bruins are sniffing around to find out his value on the trade market."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chiarelli is in the driver's seat on this. Arnott has blown it. Marchand wants to be a Bruin, but Chia will not give Kreji money. I really like Marchand's skills and attitude, but he is not a "core" player, so at this point Chiarelli will not break the bank, and will use Caron, Chris Clark, Puoliot, Arneil, Sauve, Knight if Marchand's agent continues to mislead this immature kid. How about a line of Bergeron/Pouliot/Caron ? size, smarts, speed and scoring potential. The same applies to Bergeron/Seguin/Caron. Marchand holds none of the cards and this agent has sold him hogwash rather than guidance and honesty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

[QUOTE]SunGarrioch   "With no contract done for RFA Brad Marchand and camp close, the Bruins are sniffing around to find out his value on the trade market."
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog,

Two questions,1. how reliable of a source is Garrioch? I know he follows the senators, but I believe I've read on these forums to take his rumors with a grain of salt. 2. If he is reliable, does this quote just mean that the bruins are trying to get a feel of what they have to pay marchand or are they really willing to trade him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

hockeybreakI can confirm @SunGarrioch's reports of the Boston Bruins shopping Brad Marchand.30 minutes ago 15 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think PC is doing the right thing! Shop the little punk & his punk ased agent! If he's asking for DK money he's way off the mark! So far PC has been great at bringing back assets. However; he doesn't allow himself to be pushed around either! I think BM showed up to skate the other day ONLY to make it look like Peter is the bad guy in this! He wants the fans on his side so he shows up & talks how he wants to get this behind him! If that's the case? Then put the ultimatium to Arnott & say "Either get me a deal with the Bruins; or YOU'RE gone!" That's what Byron Dafoe did!

PC knows that there's still 5 or 6 teams that are under the cap floor! Let one of them pay the punk 4 mill. for 4 yrs! BM may one day be worth 4mil! per season. I say the B's give him 4 for this yr & 2mill for the next 2. I think that's more than fair. Giving him something extra for what he's done up to this point & then paying for his true value.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : SanDog, Two questions,1. how reliable of a source is Garrioch? I know he follows the senators, but I believe I've read on these forums to take his rumors with a grain of salt. 2. If he is reliable, does this quote just mean that the bruins are trying to get a feel of what they have to pay marchand or are they really willing to trade him. Posted by gogojuicer[/QUOTE]

Well it depends on what you think of Garrioch as a writer ? Right I mean allot of Canadian Bruin fans don't like him on this board. I think he is ok as a writer but he is a seller of his paper Bruce as well so has to throw that out there whether it is true or not.

We don't know if Chiarelli gave Arnott permission to put feelers out to GMs or not either. I throw allot of Tweets up to get some discussion going is all whether I agree with them or not.

Whether or not you agree with Arnott he is doing his job. Chara did say yesterday that he did think Marchand would be a Bruin I agree...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Well it depends on what you think of Garrioch as a writer ? Right I mean allot of Canadian Bruin fans don't like him on this board. I think he is ok as a writer but he is a seller of his paper Bruce as well so has to throw that out there whether it is true or not. We don't know if Chiarelli gave Arnott permission to put feelers out to GMs or not either. I throw allot of Tweets up to get some discussion going is all whether I agree with them or not. Whether or not you agree with Arnott he is doing his job. Chara did say yesterday that he did think Marchand would be a Bruin I agree...
    ok thanks, I tend to believe that marchand will remain a bruin as well. I can't see him getting more than 3 mil, for next season anyway.
    It just seems that too many hockey writers are trying to copy the eklund routine, and its hard to differentiate the real writers from the attention seekers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Well it depends on what you think of Garrioch as a writer ? Right I mean allot of Canadian Bruin fans don't like him on this board.I think he is ok as a writer but he is a seller of his paper Bruce as well so has to throw that out there whether it is true or not. We don't know if Chiarelli gave Arnott permission to put feelers out to GMs or not either. I throw allot of Tweets up to get some discussion going is all whether I agree with them or not. Whether or not you agree with Arnott he is doing his job. Chara did say yesterday that he did think Marchand would be a Bruin I agree...

For me he comes across as being a little on the shady side. But saying that he does write some interesting articles. I'm okay with him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Jimmy Murphy tweeted that he doubts it.

So it must be true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy Murphy tweeted that he doubts it. So it must be true.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]

I guess that means Spooner goes to Providence this year also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I think they could get a 1st rounder for Marshmont.  Do you seriously think they would give him away for a 3rd round pick?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

A first round pick!

The Lore of Brad Marchand continues...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Can an offer sheet come in at any time?  Or is there a time limit for that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Kind of surprised to see the Marchand detractors still being so vocal, given what this kid has accomplished

Marchand is still only 23 (turned 23 in May), with plenty of upside...consider this:

Regular season:
    77gp 21-20-41 +25
    - 5th in rookie goals (tied)
    - 9th in rookie points
    - 2nd in rookie +/- (behind McQuaid)
    - TOI: 13:59

Playoffs:
    25gp 11-8-19 +12
    Pace that out across 82 games: 36-26-62 +39
    - 6th in scoring (tied)
    - 2nd in goals
    - 3rd in +/- (tied)
    - rookie leader in G, A, PTS & +/-
    TOI: 16:46

Krejci money? No
    Value placed as 2nd or 3rd round pick: laughable

The reality is that the B's are not all that strong on the wing, they need this kid back.  The kid played better and his production improved as the games got tougher and more important.  The immaturity and shenanigans will improve with age.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Kind of surprised to see the Marchand detractors still being so vocal, given what this kid has accomplished Marchand is still only 23 (turned 23 in May), with plenty of upside...consider this: Regular season: 77gp 21-20-41 +25 - 5th in rookie goals (tied) - 9th in rookie points - 2nd in rookie +/- (behind McQuaid) - TOI: 13:59 Playoffs: 25gp 11-8-19 +12 Pace that out across 82 games: 36-26-62 +39 - 6th in scoring (tied) - 2nd in goals - 3rd in +/- (tied) - rookie leader in G, A, PTS & +/- TOI: 16:46 Krejci money? No Value placed as 2nd or 3rd round pick: laughable The reality is that the B's are not all that strong on the wing, they need this kid back.  The kid played better and his production improved as the games got tougher and more important.  The immaturity and shenanigans will improve with age.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

The immaturity and shenanigans will improve with age?  Meaning that he will perfect the immaturity and shenanigans?
    You don't know.
    I don't know.
    If you can accurately predict the future, I want to hear some lottery numbers or some stock picks.

Come on, this is now going the Kessel route, projecting over an 82 game season for 36 goals?  Next people are to say he's a proven 40 goal scorer.

I posted his numbers on another thread.  Some numbers are good and some numbers are not so good.

I think everyone needs to chill out big time, this has gone hysterical.

IF Marchand was getting shopped we would be hearing more rumors, and there has only been one rumore I've heard.

Speaking TO Marchand's maturity, he has NOT said anything like Kessel did saying he wanted out.  Marchand has NOT dissed any coaches so that it got into the press like Kessel's weight room comment.  There have NOT been any comments by teammates showing discord.

He's a good player, not a great player, I don't think he's going to the HOF.

He's a important part of this team, but not an essential part.

He's a young player that shows lots of promise, but he only has been in the league one year.

Stats:

Marchand 2010-2011 playoffs in comparison with Bruins and the NHL

points -
    3rd on Bruins w/ 19 points
    6th in the NHL

GWG - 1
    tied for 5th on Bruins with 5 other players
    tied with 56 other guys in the NHL

OT goals - none.
    Horton had 2
    Krejci had 1
    Ryder had 1
    Peverly had 1

Game tying goals
    5th on Bruins
    30th in NHL

PIM
    2nd most on Bruins with 40
    tied for 6th most in the NHL with Downie
    (relevant factor, Bruins were 84.4% on the PK in the playoffs, 6th best)

S%
    18% - 3rd on Bruins
    which is 31st in the NHL

plus minus
    +12, tied for 3rd best on Bruins
    same thing for the NHL

face offs
    2nd worst on Bruins behind Lucic
    NHL
    28.6%
    159th overall - which is 21st worst.
    10 guys with 0%
    (note: in the regular season he was at 32%)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"He's a important part of this team, but not an essential part."

False!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]    "He's a important part of this team, but not an essential part ." False!

OK, quantify that for me.  Give me your list of essential parts of this team in the order of importance.  Is he more important than TT?  Chara?  Lucic, Horton or Bergeron?  Is he the most important?

Or another question might be, how many players are "essential"?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I look at Marchand's numbers and style I compare him most closely to Pie from the 69-72 Bruins.  I would only call Orr Esposito and Cheevers essential on those teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]    "He's a important part of this team, but not an essential part ." False!

First line players, first pairing defensemen and the #1 goaltender are essential.

Second/third line pests are not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : OK, quantify that for me.  Give me your list of essential parts of this team in the order of importance.  Is he more important than TT?  Chara?  Lucic, Horton or Bergeron?  Is he the most important? Or another question might be, how many players are "essential"? Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

As Johhny Pie was essential to those great early 70s teams, Brad is to the newer version the Big Bad Bs. My opinion is the same, if you take Marchand off the 10'-11' Boston roster then the Bruins don't win the cup.

I couldn't even take Paille off the roster because how he upped his PK game late in the season and in the playoffs. Look at how well the 4th line played with Campbell instead of Begin and Axellson.

As as sure I am of Sauve being an essential part of the Bruins offense in the near future, as sure I am that Corvo will be intrical to Boston's PP this upcoming season, I am sure that if you remove Marchand from the Bruins 2nd line this season  Bergeron would suffer.

Call me playing and watching competative hockey for long enough to know when I see a Cogswell Cog or a Spacley Sproket that can't be removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : First line players, first pairing defensemen and the #1 goaltender are essential. Second/third line pests are not.Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I might agree with this but Brad put the biscuit in the basket at very timely moments during the regular season and playoffs.

Big Z, Siedenberg and TT more important than "Brad of Lore" ? Sure but ye little ball was most definitely essential IMO. He shook too many defenders too many times it was awesome, $4M awesome ? No but great...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

No immaturity and shenanigans here 

lots of maturity on display for the B's here

For this team. and this coach it's essential

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : OK, quantify that for me.  Give me your list of essential parts of this team in the order of importance.  Is he more important than TT?  Chara?  Lucic, Horton or Bergeron?  Is he the most important? Or another question might be, how many players are "essential"?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

There's only one player IMO that stood out as an essential reason the Bruins won the cup and it's Tim Thomas.  The rest I cannot say one player stood out and carried the team on their shoulders. They won as a team . When you win as a team almost everyone on the lineup becomes essential.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]   No immaturity and shenanigans here  lots of maturity on display for the B's here For this team. and this coach it's essential
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

That's a fair point, but Horton contributed to the snarl as well.

And you are right, the previous versions of the Bruins did come across as gutless.

Sections
Shortcuts