What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : The immaturity and shenanigans will improve with age?  Meaning that he will perfect the immaturity and shenanigans? You don't know. I don't know. If you can accurately predict the future, I want to hear some lottery numbers or some stock picks. Come on, this is now going the Kessel route, projecting over an 82 game season for 36 goals?  Next people are to say he's a proven 40 goal scorer. I posted his numbers on another thread.  Some numbers are good and some numbers are not so good. I think everyone needs to chill out big time, this has gone hysterical. IF Marchand was getting shopped we would be hearing more rumors, and there has only been one rumore I've heard. Speaking TO Marchand's maturity , he has NOT said anything like Kessel did saying he wanted out.  Marchand has NOT dissed any coaches so that it got into the press like Kessel's weight room comment.  There have NOT been any comments by teammates showing discord. He's a good player, not a great player, I don't think he's going to the HOF. He's a important part of this team, but not an essential part. He's a young player that shows lots of promise, but he only has been in the league one year. Stats: Marchand 2010-2011 playoffs in comparison with Bruins and the NHL points - 3rd on Bruins w/ 19 points 6th in the NHL GWG - 1 tied for 5th on Bruins with 5 other players tied with 56 other guys in the NHL OT goals - none. Horton had 2 Krejci had 1 Ryder had 1 Peverly had 1 Game tying goals 5th on Bruins 30th in NHL PIM 2nd most on Bruins with 40 tied for 6th most in the NHL with Downie (relevant factor, Bruins were 84.4% on the PK in the playoffs, 6th best) S% 18% - 3rd on Bruins which is 31st in the NHL plus minus +12, tied for 3rd best on Bruins same thing for the NHL face offs 2nd worst on Bruins behind Lucic NHL 28.6% 159th overall - which is 21st worst. 10 guys with 0% (note: in the regular season he was at 32%)
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Fair point....substitute "should" in place of "will" regarding immaturity and shenanigans.

The numbers back-up the claim for his contribution during the playoff run.  Do the B's win the Cup w/out Marchand?  You don't know. I don't know.

Quibbling over whether he is an "important" part of the team as compared to an "essential" part time the team seems like a waste of time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I would not like to see Marchand traded. However, let's be realistic as many comments have pointed out. Brad is a good player, but not yet a part of the bruins " core' that keep the team winning. He could be replaced and Bergeron would NOT suffer as intimated above. Marchand became as good as he was because of Bergeron, and with help from Recchi. Brad did fit well on the second line, but he is not irreplaceable. Wade Arnott has led an immature young man into a poor position with his teammates and management. That is NOT what a quality Agent does. Hopefully Chiarelli resolves the impasse and Marchand drops Arnott and his poor representation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Kind of surprised to see the Marchand detractors still being so vocal, given what this kid has accomplished Marchand is still only 23 (turned 23 in May), with plenty of upside...consider this: Regular season: 77gp 21-20-41 +25 - 5th in rookie goals (tied) - 9th in rookie points - 2nd in rookie +/- (behind McQuaid) - TOI: 13:59 Playoffs: 25gp 11-8-19 +12 Pace that out across 82 games: 36-26-62 +39 - 6th in scoring (tied) - 2nd in goals - 3rd in +/- (tied) - rookie leader in G, A, PTS & +/- TOI: 16:46 Krejci money? No Value placed as 2nd or 3rd round pick: laughable The reality is that the B's are not all that strong on the wing, they need this kid back.  The kid played better and his production improved as the games got tougher and more important.  The immaturity and shenanigans will improve with age.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    I agree Crowls. Lots of teams would be willing to part with a !st round pick for Marchand. Any team that feels like they're already a lock for the playoffs would gladly give up a pick in the bottom half of the 1st round in order to add Marchand to their lineup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would not like to see Marchand traded. However, let's be realistic as many comments have pointed out. Brad is a good player, but not yet a part of the bruins " core' that keep the team winning. He could be replaced and Bergeron would NOT suffer as intimated above. Marchand became as good as he was because of Bergeron, and with help from Recchi. Brad did fit well on the second line, but he is not irreplaceable. Wade Arnott has led an immature young man into a poor position with his teammates and management. That is NOT what a quality Agent does. Hopefully Chiarelli resolves the impasse and Marchand drops Arnott and his poor representation.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Bogie, until we find out what the actual offer from Boston is, it's kind of hard to blame one side or the other in this negotiation. Both sides have been tight-lipped regarding numbers so it's really hard to say. Let's face it, Boston has all of the leverage in this negotiation. PC may only be offering a deal for around 1.5m and Arnott wants 2.5m. Who knows? I do highly doubt though that Arnott is trying to get anywhere in the neighbourhood of 4m like some have speculated. I will admit that Marchand is a unique situation. How often do you have a rookie coming off of a huge Stanley Cup run needing to be resigned? Didn't he score in all 4 of the wins in the finals? The longer this goes, the less money I see him getting. We'll find out soon enough.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKeXfKCiTZQ&feature=related

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

It's a binomial proposition.

A deal gets done or it doesn't.

I have Chia & Co. much grief over the past two years and they rewarded me with a Cup.

Whatever they end up doing, I support.

Go Bruins!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Many of you called me crazy last summer when I stated that we could be as good or better without Marc Savard.

Many of you will call me crazy as I now state that we can be as good or better without Brad Marchand.

It's up to you Brad: do you want to stay and gain more glory, or do you want to go elsewhere and skate into oblivion? It's your choice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Many of you called me crazy last summer when I stated that we could be as good or better without Marc Savard. Many of you will call me crazy as I now state that we can be as good or better without Brad Marchand. It's up to you Brad: do you want to stay and gain more glory, or do you want to go elsewhere and skate into oblivion? It's your choice.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Wheats, I'm with you on this one.

The Bruins are in the driver's seat on this one, and there's no way for them to lose.

If they sign Marchand, fine.

If they trade Marchand, it's at the time when the Marchand stock is high.

Either way, the team wins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The team would be trading him under duress.  Any value he's attained through the playoffs would be countered with the B's being unable to sign him...and him not being willing to sign.

A trade of this player would be a bad idea for the team.  Let him sit.  We'll see how long the Lore of Brad Marchand lasts when the team is 10-3-2 without him.

He's more valuable than JVR, one of the top three clutch Bruins in the past 30 years, could be traded for a first round pick, is comparable to Savard and the Bruins don't win the Cup without him.

Or:  He's a pest with some scoring ability that could be replaced by another pest with scoring ability.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Brad Marchand was excellent in the playoffs.  He earned a spot on the second line last season, he worked well with Bergeron (Recchi was his man love).  Yet, Marchand fans, the man is not worth the money.  He is more like Brad Pitt right now.  Vain glorious.  Brad should look at Bergeron as the center of attention.  I can only say look at Johathan Cheechoo stat (link below) .....and what happen when he fell from grace.  Brad sign the contract, play hockey! One year does not make a career contract, you are not David Krejci, yet!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : A first round pick! The Lore of Brad Marchand continues...
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

If Varly can net Col. 1st and 2nd. Marchand should net us 5 1st rounders. McPhee raped Col.  They potentially could have the 1st overall next yr in a strong draft with a high 2nd.  How in the heck did they fleece Col that bad

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand: [QUOTE]Or:  He's a pest with some scoring ability that could be replaced by another pest with scoring ability. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And who would that player be if PC does get what he deems proper return ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I say let him sit as well.  Eventually he will come back to reality and his ego wont be as big as his nose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : And who would that player be if PC does get what he deems proper return ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any in particular in mind.  There are plenty.  They didn't break the mold when they made him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : I didn't have any in particular in mind.  There are plenty.  They didn't break the mold when they made him. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Didn't think so...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Didn't think so...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : This makes no sense.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I believe he's saying he's unfamiliar with any players named Plenty.Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : I might agree with this but Brad put the biscuit in the basket at very timely moments during the regular season and playoffs. Big Z, Siedenberg and TT more important than "Brad of Lore" ? Sure but ye little ball was most definitely essential IMO. He shook too many defenders too many times it was awesome, $4M awesome ? No but great...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] I agree. He was certainly ''essential'' in game 7 in the finals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : I agree. He was certainly ''essential'' in game 7 in the finals.
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    He scored at least once during every win in the Cup finals. That's clutch!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : I agree. He was certainly ''essential'' in game 7 in the finals.
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

Krejci scored more points than Marchand... his contract....$ 3,750m.  Essential is what Krejci is worth after this year. Marchand is no David Krejci, yet!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Marchand and a 1st rounder for Raffi Torres.  Works for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Krejci scored more points than Marchand... his contract....$ 3,750m.  Essential is what Krejci is worth after this year. Marchand is no David Krejci, yet!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Agree that he does not play at Krejci's level.  Is that what Marchand has asked for, to be paid like Krejci?  Has anyone actually seen the terms of the offer from the Bruins or the contract demands of Marchand and his agent? 

Seems like there is a bit of speculation here that PC has made a very fair offer to the greedy Marchand who wants to get paid like Krejci or Lucic.  Can anyone substantiate that? 

Seems like this is a negotiation, nothing more nothing less.  Let's see how it plays out before we rush to judgement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqIiy94Wj58

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Agree that he does not play at Krejci's level.  Is that what Marchand has asked for, to be paid like Krejci?  Has anyone actually seen the terms of the offer from the Bruins or the contract demands of Marchand and his agent?  Seems like there is a bit of speculation here that PC has made a very fair offer to the greedy Marchand who wants to get paid like Krejci or Lucic.  Can anyone substantiate that?  Seems like this is a negotiation, nothing more nothing less.  Let's see how it plays out before we rush to judgement.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

You are correct, yet then the argument that PC may have offerred a legimate contract is just as correct.  Look at Joe Pavelski, after two seasons of 20 something goals (Marchand like), he recieved a contract at $1.5m in 2008 then $1.75m in 2009. PC is doing due diligence offerring 2m or 2.5m for Marchand if that is your argument. If he is offerring Marchand $1.5m, PC is not outrageously low.  All of this purely speculative, but I believe, Marchand is trying to get a loaded contract after all the fanfare over his excellent play in the Cup series.  He deserves a 3m contract for a year maybe 2. If he asks for three years, any GM would balk.  In addition, the cap for next year could drop and their are many players to sign like Krejci.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, there's a guy who wouldn't be far off the mark of Plenty.  Pavelski isn't the same kind of pest Marchand is, but he is a high-energy guy who is ... tough to play against....  And after two years, he had a very Marchand like career - he had one full season and one partial season in the NHL, with the full season hitting 40 points.  That playoff, he had 9 points in 13 games.  Can't blame him for the Sharks not getting farther; I mean, they're the Sharks.  His next deal had a cap hit of $1.64M for two years.  His production continued to climb, so his third deal is now $4M.

Over to you Brad.

If it's true Chiarelli is doing his due diligence to see if there's a team out there willing to give a quality return for BM, I like it for one main reason: start the season with no distractions.  If BM sits to start the year, every question is "what will happen with Cup Hero Marchand!"  If he's gone, the quesiton is 'Can the Bruins repeat with Caron, Corvo and Pouliot in place of Ryder, Kaberle, and Marchand."

Sections
Shortcuts