What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Again another person who doesn't like Marchand's cockiness, punkness, etc...  A team needs to have different personalities to be successful.  A team full of tight lipped conservative players will never win in this league.  You do a good job of overlooking the accomplishments he obtained this year, even though he played most of the year with your other favorite player and received significantly less minutes.  When this kid got the minutes, he produced as good as anyone on the team.  And most importantly he produced in the playoffs, just like he did in Jrs..  You can name a ton of kids like the one that you pulled out of your yookus.  But there is a pattern with guys like Marchand, Bergeron, and Lucic, that have PROVEN at the NHL level that what they did in the past has translated in the show as well.  You know how I know?  Because their names will be engraved on the Stanley Cup!  WINNERS!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000341997.html

There is a tight lipped team that won.

And yes, there are plenty of examples of people who have won in the past, therefore I give no extra credit to this player.

Shawn Thornton is a winner, right?  Aaron Ward is a winner!  Mike Keane?  Winner!  Darren McCarty is surely a winner.

It's a dumb categorization that holds no water.  A guy is on a few teams that win, therefore he is special. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

From one side I can see requesting 4 mil.  Lucic makes 4 mil, the deal was signed 2 years ago, the cap has gone up, Marchand contributed more to the playoff run and he, like Lucic, brings elements such as passion, physical play and solid D. I can also see that 4 mil is a lot for guy with one year and 2 mil is more typical. I think 2 mil is too low, so they should just split the difference at 3 on a short deal. I'm sure that's what will happen. Trade shopping could be a negotiation ploy. I'm sure Marchand doesn't want to go to Columbus or Winnipeg.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]From one side I can see requesting 4 mil.  Lucic makes 4 mil, the deal was signed 2 years ago, the cap has gone up, Marchand contributed more to the playoff run and he, like Lucic, brings elements such as passion, physical play and solid D. I can also see that 4 mil is a lot for guy with one year and 2 mil is more typical. I think 2 mil is too low, so they should just split the difference at 3 on a short deal. I'm sure that's what will happen. Trade shopping could be a negotiation ploy. I'm sure Marchand doesn't want to go to Columbus or Winnipeg.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I fully agree.  See:  Teddy Purcell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]From one side I can see requesting 4 mil.  Lucic makes 4 mil, the deal was signed 2 years ago, the cap has gone up, Marchand contributed more to the playoff run and he, like Lucic, brings elements such as passion, physical play and solid D. I can also see that 4 mil is a lot for guy with one year and 2 mil is more typical. I think 2 mil is too low, so they should just split the difference at 3 on a short deal. I'm sure that's what will happen. Trade shopping could be a negotiation ploy. I'm sure Marchand doesn't want to go to Columbus or Winnipeg.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

The Lucic comparison is an interesting one when you consider that he signed his 3-year extension in October, 2009.  Obviously, this follows is 2008-2009 season, however was not effective until last year (2010-2011).

Lucic in 2008-09
    Regular season: 72gp 17-25-42 +17 136PIM
    Playoffs: 10gp 3-6-9 +12 43PIM

Marchand in 2010-11
    Regular season: 77gp 21-20-41 +25 51PIM
    Playoffs: 25gp 11-8-19 +12 40PIM

Not too difficult to see how the Marchand camp might use data like this to make a case for Brad. Not saying I agree with the comparison, but the numbers are extremely similar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand :  And yes, there are plenty of examples of people who have won in the past, therefore I give no extra credit to this player. Shawn Thornton is a winner, right?  Aaron Ward is a winner!  Mike Keane?  Winner!  Darren McCarty is surely a winner. It's a dumb categorization that holds no water.  A guy is on a few teams that win, therefore he is special. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

How nice cherry picking your examples of players who don't have much hockey talent. Neither player is are comparables because you could easily remove both players from Anaheim and Detroit they still win the cup because but weren't looked at to score, Poor examples but keep cherry picking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

I guess I just don't get the idea that Marchand should be paid based on his playoff numbers. I mean, Ryder had 8-9-17 numbers for the playoffs, had a rep as a "playoff performer" in Boston and from the first day of the season 3/4 of the fan base wanted to ship his rear end anywhere but Boston.

If you think Marchand should be paid based on the run, ask yourself this.... if the Bruins lost game 7, would his value be the same? That's how PC is looking at it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I just don't get the idea that Marchand should be paid based on his playoff numbers. I mean, Ryder had 8-9-17 numbers for the playoffs, had a rep as a "playoff performer" in Boston and from the first day of the season 3/4 of the fan base wanted to ship his rear end anywhere but Boston. If you think Marchand should be paid based on the run, ask yourself this.... if the Bruins lost game 7, would his value be the same? That's how PC is looking at it.
    Posted by blackcrowes[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you tuned in for the regular season, so here goes:
    - 4th on the team in goals (21) despite being 10th among Bruins forwards in PP TOI (00:32 per game) and 10th among Bruins forwards in Total TOI (13:59)
    - 7th on the team in points (41)
    - 6th among Bruins forwards in SH TOI (1:34 per game)
    - 5 SHG (led Bruins, tied for 3rd in the NHL)
    - 5th on the team in +/- (+25)
    - 5th among NHL rookies in goals
    - 9th among NHL rookies in points
    - 2nd among NHL rookies in +/-
    - 7th Player Award Winner

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

I tuned in for the regular season, I'm just responding to the comments on this thread that seems to think he should be paid based on his playoff performance. If he's going to be paid based on his regular season performance, it sure seems like the Joe Pavelski comparison makes sense to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If BM or his idiot agent is asking for 4mil/yr after 1 season. If i was PC????Seeya Brad. Good luck on the Bluenose!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If BM or his idiot agent is asking for 4mil/yr after 1 season. If i was PC????Seeya Brad. Good luck on the Bluenose!!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Nite, I could see him asking for a 3 year deal that pays out at 2-3-4(3m cap hit). Perhaps even a team option on a 4th year at 4m if he turned out to be worth it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : How nice cherry picking your examples of players who don't have much hockey talent. Neither player is are comparables because you could easily remove both players from Anaheim and Detroit they still win the cup because but weren't looked at to score, Poor examples but keep cherry picking.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agreed ! I'm surprised he left out George Parros.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

WAASUP Marchand Haters?  Is he a Hold Out?  That's what I thought!  Now shut your pie holes and watch this kid continue to improve and in two years command top dollars!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]WAASUP Marchand Haters?  Is he a Hold Out?  That's what I thought!  Now shut your pie holes and watch this kid continue to improve and in two years command top dollars!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I dont think people were "hating" on him as much as being realistic of his value, he signed a deal much lower then some of the terms that were being thrown around..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : I dont think people were "hating" on him as much as being realistic of his value, he signed a deal much lower then some of the terms that were being thrown around..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

People were definitely hating on the kid.  What do you call Punk, Immature, Hold Out, etc...  As I have said, it was nothing more than Agent and GM negotiations, just as all parties have said from the beginning.  If Marchand had the demeanor of Patrice Bergeron, the tone on these boards would've been much different towards these negotiations.  It is a great deal for the team and Marchand, because team gets him under contract for 2 years at great value and for Marchand, PC will have to open that wallet much wider in 2 years when Brad is UFA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : People were definitely hating on the kid.  What do you call Punk, Immature, Hold Out, etc...  As I have said, it was nothing more than Agent and GM negotiations, just as all parties have said from the beginning.  If Marchand had the demeanor of Patrice Bergeron, the tone on these boards would've been much different towards these negotiations.  It is a great deal for the team and Marchand, because team gets him under contract for 2 years at great value and for Marchand, PC will have to open that wallet much wider in 2 years when Brad is UFA.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I never had any problem with the contract negotiations, but heard plenty about hating marchand cause i thought the 4 year deals, the 4 million dollar deals etc, the comparisons to his rookie year vs seguin bergeron lucic etc were all insane..
    Marchand will still be an RFA in 2 seasons, and he has to continue to improve..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : How nice cherry picking your examples of players who don't have much hockey talent. Neither player is are comparables because you could easily remove both players from Anaheim and Detroit they still win the cup because but weren't looked at to score, Poor examples but keep cherry picking.

I intentionally picked the worst guys I could think of with multiple rings to show that being on a championship team doesn't signify anything.

Are you trying to catch up with Chowda in the "How to Look Stupid Trying To Make NAS Look Stupid" game?  He's winning by a wide margin, but more posts like these will tighten the race.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

NAS you're always the winner in my eyes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : I intentionally picked the worst guys I could think of with multiple rings to show that being on a championship team doesn't signify anything. Are you trying to catch up with Chowda in the "How to Look Stupid Trying To Make NAS Look Stupid" game?  He's winning by a wide margin, but more posts like these will tighten the race.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Just keep posting . No help is needed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Just keep posting . No help is needed.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Speaking of making himself look stupid, here's Chowda!  Hey buddy!  I haven't seen you around these parts much.  Still smarting from your failed attempts in the spring?  Nice job coming here today to offer nothing on hockey, just to agree with SanDog and take weak blows at me.

You should simply return to your closet with the bag on your head like you did when the B's were in the playoffs.  It's good luck when you aren't here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Speaking of making himself look stupid, here's Chowda!  Hey buddy!  I haven't seen you around these parts much.  Still smarting from your failed attempts in the spring?  Nice job coming here today to offer nothing on hockey, just to agree with SanDog and take weak blows at me. You should simply return to your closet with the bag on your head like you did when the B's were in the playoffs.  It's good luck when you aren't here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

................he says as he polishes his boston.com championship belt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : ................he says as he polishes his boston.com championship belt.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

It's pretty easy to be the winner when the competition is full of losers like you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:  Are you trying to catch up with Chowda in the "How to Look Stupid Trying To Make NAS Look Stupid" game?  He's winning by a wide margin, but more posts like these will tighten the race.Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Nothing I say on this board especially when you compare your least favorite players to Thornton and McCarty could make me look bad next to you Clown!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : Nothing I say on this board especially when you compare your least favorite players to Thornton and McCarty could make me look bad next to you Clown!

I didn't compare the players, I compared the accomplishments. 

You should stick to hockey, Sandog.  Your attempts at spin are Chowda-esque.

(read:  very, very poor)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What can Bruins get if they trade Brad Marchand : I didn't compare the players, I compared the accomplishments. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yah great comparison of accomplishments Brad had 7 points in the last 5 games of the Stanley Cup but you mention Thornton and McCarty in the same breath as Marchand you're clueless in assessment of players you hate.

What else makes you look like a fool is comparing veterans who couldn't carry Brad's jock on open ice.

Yah I know "You don't know that for sure" or "What does that mean ?"...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San vs NAS,

This is a battle of mega powers.  Kids who are reading along.  Pay close attention.   

Sections
Shortcuts