What can individuals do to improve the PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: What can individuals do to improve the PP

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A rumor floating was that the Panthers were willing to eat part of Campbell's salary to move him.  Tallon shot it down, but that would be an incredible trade for Boston.

Campbell is a great defenseman and is fully mobile on the powerplay.  I've seen him skating backwards across the blueline with the puck, one hand on his stick, the other directing traffic.

(This post is not an endorsement of the powerplay being needed to win the Cup or a game, but instead an endorsement of goals being fun to watch.)

Agree with all except he being a great defenseman defensively.  Although I would agree that he has more positives than negatives.  One of his negatives is his salary and if Panthers would eat up some of it that could be a good deal for whomever grabs him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: What can individuals do to improve the PP

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A rumor floating was that the Panthers were willing to eat part of Campbell's salary to move him.  Tallon shot it down, but that would be an incredible trade for Boston.

Campbell is a great defenseman and is fully mobile on the powerplay.  I've seen him skating backwards across the blueline with the puck, one hand on his stick, the other directing traffic.

(This post is not an endorsement of the powerplay being needed to win the Cup or a game, but instead an endorsement of goals being fun to watch.)

Agree with all except he being a great defenseman defensively.  Although I would agree that he has more positives than negatives.  One of his negatives is his salary and if Panthers would eat up some of it that could be a good deal for whomever grabs him.

the first trade like this should be really really interesting. of course, the more salary a team eats, the more attractive the player becomes. is that 3M in cap relief worth an extra first round pick to a team? what i mean is, say you are trading for a player with 3 years left on his deal, with a contract reduced from 7 to 4. his value is set roughly at 1st rounder + prospect with his original contract. at 4 million, how much does his value increase. really no way for us to know, we'll have to wait for the first bizarro trade to happen. 

Sections
Shortcuts