What could this mean? Byfuglien....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What could this mean? Byfuglien....

Atlanta Thrashers
    The Thashers have signed defenseman Dustin Byfuglien to a multi-year contract extension.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: What could this mean? Byfuglien....

LOl i agree with the above.. what exactly are you trying to insinuate?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: What could this mean? Byfuglien....:
    that atlanta wants to keep byfuglien? what else would it mean?
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

Just had the same reaction...was there any mention of it being tied to a move or trade?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They would be silly to trade him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think he's hinting at the idea that they are tying up money in him so Bosogian is available.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think he's hinting at the idea that they are tying up money in him so Bosogian is available.
    Posted by BBReigns

That's what I was getting at, but was wondering if anyone who knows the situation had speculated on it.  Man, I hope so.  I would love to get Bogosian.  One of the few guys mention here today who is worth either of our 1st round picks...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

1. Made him more lucrative to deal, to those wanting not to give up players or picks to a rental.

2. Availability of unsigned D Bogosian RFA, or Sopel UFA.

3. Availability of other D Hainsey, Enstrom or Oduya

4. Telling people they are buyers for playoff run.

5. Salary cap or spending is not an issue and they are willing to spend the money they could not on Kovalchuk.

or
    6.Just about anything...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

they would move Hainsey but he has a no trade so not sure if he would go except he is from Connecticut and still lives there in the off season

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

No thanks on Bogosian.  The Bruins are clearly a playoff team, but from what we saw against Detroit, they aren't ready to be legitimate Stanley Cup contenders.  Adding Bogosian alone won't change that.  The Bruins can afford to hold onto that pick (which is looking like a top 5 pick at the very least) and wait for that player to develop.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=552845
    Over $5M per.  That means next year the Thrashers already have $16.95M tied up in 4 defensemen.  I wouldn't expect them to go much over $20M for a set of 6, so this could mean Bogosian (one way or another) is on the way out.  Hainsey, Enstrom, and Oduya are the others with contracts for next year.  It may be the Thrashers will wait until the offseason to trade, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=552845 Over $5M per.  That means next year the Thrashers already have $16.95M tied up in 4 defensemen.  I wouldn't expect them to go much over $20M for a set of 6, so this could mean Bogosian (one way or another) is on the way out.  Hainsey, Enstrom, and Oduya are the others with contracts for next year.  It may be the Thrashers will wait until the offseason to trade, though.
    Posted by DrCC

That's right ! 
    Sorry got really busy and could not post.
    Seems like Kaberle might be a Bruin is the deal is right.  Be careful PC !!!

Will it mean no more Bogosian ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

No thanks on Bogosian.  The Bruins are clearly a playoff team, but from what we saw against Detroit, they aren't ready to be legitimate Stanley Cup contenders.  Adding Bogosian alone won't change that.  The Bruins can afford to hold onto that pick (which is looking like a top 5 pick at the very least) and wait for that player to develop.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

IF the B's like Bogosian more than any of the top D candidates in the 2011 draft pool, I could easily see them moving Toronto's #1 for the 20-year old, 6'3" Bogosian.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I can't see Bogosian being dealt. Makes no sense for a young rebuilding team.

If he were available i would deal the TOR pick in a heartbeat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: What could this mean? Byfuglien.... : IF the B's like Bogosian more than any of the top D candidates in the 2011 draft pool, I could easily see them moving Toronto's #1 for the 20-year old, 6'3" Bogosian.
    Posted by BruinsCountry

True.  But Bogosian has already had time to develop in the NHL, and really hasn't shown all that much.  Now, I'm completely relying on the stats here, because I don't have the opportunity to watch him on a daily basis:

(2008-2009) 9 G  10 A  19 P  +11
    (2009-2010) 10 G  13 A  23 P  -18
    (2010-2011)  4 G  7 A  11 P  -16

To me, that doesn't show a whole lot of improvement over a 2 1/2 year period.  Now yes, defensemen do tend to take longer develop, but I would personally like to seem some more progress out of this kid.  If I were the Bruins, I would keep the pick and take someone with greater potential than Bogosian in the draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[

QUOTE]No thanks on Bogosian.  The Bruins are clearly a playoff team, but from what we saw against Detroit, they aren't ready to be legitimate Stanley Cup contenders.  Adding Bogosian alone won't change that.  The Bruins can afford to hold onto that pick (which is looking like a top 5 pick at the very least) and wait for that player to develop.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

And how many current roster players do you think will still be on this team while we patiently await the development of this new top pick prospect ?

Think things through befoe you post !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: What could this mean? Byfuglien.... : True.  But Bogosian has already had time to develop in the NHL, and really hasn't shown all that much.  Now, I'm completely relying on the stats here, because I don't have the opportunity to watch him on a daily basis: (2008-2009) 9 G  10 A  19 P  +11 (2009-2010) 10 G  13 A  23 P  -18 (2010-2011)  4 G  7 A  11 P  -16 To me, that doesn't show a whole lot of improvement over a 2 1/2 year period.  Now yes, defensemen do tend to take longer develop, but I would personally like to seem some more progress out of this kid.  If I were the Bruins, I would keep the pick and take someone with greater potential than Bogosian in the draft.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

His offensive numbers slipped this season because Atlanta acquired Byfuglien.  It was Byfug and Enstrom all season on the PP until Enstrom got hurt a couple of weeks ago, at which point Bogosian resumed his old role and started putting up aomw points again.  I don't pretend to know everything about Bogosian, but there seems to be a bit of mystery about his play (or attitude?) this year.  Maybe a young kid pouting because he was taken off the PP?  Maybe he clashed with new coach Craig Ramsay?  Ramsay had a reputation for developing young D when here, so I doubt Ramsay was the issue.  B's would likely only make a move for Bogosian if they think he's better than anyone they could take with Toronto's #1 and if they're satisfied with the reasons his play slipped this year in Atlanta.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What could this mean? Byfuglien.... : That's right !  Sorry got really busy and could not post. Seems like Kaberle might be a Bruin is the deal is right.  Be careful PC !!! Will it mean no more Bogosian ? Posted by BsLegion

The signing could very well mean that Bogosian might be on the move for the right price if that's what you meant originally up top ? Byfuglien will be the center piece no matter where that franchise might end up I believe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I can't see Bogosian being dealt. Makes no sense for a young rebuilding team. If he were available i would deal the TOR pick in a heartbeat.
    Posted by kelvana33

That is why if this deal were to happen the Bruins would be sending them a player that is ready. (i.e. Staurt) plus Toronto's 1st pick.  This means that the Bruins would also be trying to get another player/prospect from the Tharshers for Bogosian. 
    So much speculation but if Kaberle comes through will the Bruins still make this trade ?
    I wish they would.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=552845 Over $5M per.  That means next year the Thrashers already have $16.95M tied up in 4 defensemen.  I wouldn't expect them to go much over $20M for a set of 6, so this could mean Bogosian (one way or another) is on the way out.  Hainsey, Enstrom, and Oduya are the others with contracts for next year.  It may be the Thrashers will wait until the offseason to trade, though.
    Posted by DrCC

Thank goodness you contribute on this board.  I would trade Bogosian for a first rounder including Toronto's number #1, he is a known commidity as opposed to the draft where the number #1s can be duds. I perfer Kaberle for I truly believe it will not cost the Bs a number #1 pick.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: What could this mean? Byfuglien.... : [ QUOTE]No thanks on Bogosian.  The Bruins are clearly a playoff team, but from what we saw against Detroit, they aren't ready to be legitimate Stanley Cup contenders.  Adding Bogosian alone won't change that.  The Bruins can afford to hold onto that pick (which is looking like a top 5 pick at the very least) and wait for that player to develop. Posted by TimThomas-god
    And how many current roster players do you think will still be on this team while we patiently await the development of this new top pick prospect ? Think things through befoe you post !!!!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

You clearly didn't read my post.  The Bruins aren't a SC team.  They just aren't.  A majority of the Bruins core players have been signed to long term deals (Chara, Bergeron, etc.) and the Bruins would be stupid not to resign many of the younger players including Rask, Lucic, and Krejci when their deals are up.  If the pick is in the top 5, that prospect will be NHL ready by the time many of the Bruins' current  young stars are hitting their prime.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by TimThomas-god

Really?  I think Bogosian would be a great addition now and for the future.  A coveted 20-year old d-man -- I would love it.  It's better than Kaberle because you are protecting the future instead of dumping valuable assets for this year alone.  The Bruins could build a formidable 1-2 punch with Chara and Bogosian as a #1 pairing for the next 3 years.

I would offer Wheeler, Stuart, a prospect, and the Bruins 1st and 2nd round picks for Bogosian and Brian Little...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'm with you fletch. i don't think the b's should give too much for a rental (kaberle). bogosian is young and has alot of upside.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: What could this mean? Byfuglien.... : Really?  I think Bogosian would be a great addition now and for the future.  A coveted 20-year old d-man -- I would love it.  It's better than Kaberle because you are protecting the future instead of dumping valuable assets for this year alone.  The Bruins could build a formidable 1-2 punch with Chara and Bogosian as a #1 pairing for the next 3 years. I would offer Wheeler, Stuart, a prospect, and the Bruins 1st and 2nd round picks for Bogosian and Brian Little...
    Posted by Fletcher1

I would definately trade TO's #1 pick for Bogosian. 6'3",20yr old, mobile, puck moving d-man. From the Thrasher games i've watched it seems to me Bogosian has all the tools but seems to have lost some confidence. It could be because big Buf arrived there and took his spot, who knows, but if he is available the B's should get him.

• Sections
    Shortcuts