What did Shawn Thornton do before Game 6???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

What did Shawn Thornton do before Game 6???

Listneing to the radio and they said that Thornton did something before Game 6 that was "awesome" and infortunately I missed that segment. Help please?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: What did Shawn Thornton do before Game 6???

Believe he shot a puck on Luongo.....and chirped him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I didnt hear anything about Thornton, but Thomas came onto the ice and fired a puck into Luongos net, then stared at that end and did it again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

It seemed pretty harmless to me, but that being said if every player on the ice did that, it would be chaos.  

Is it an unwritten rule that you don't cross the red line, or an actual rule that you can be penalized for breaking?   It wasn't what you call classy from Thorton, and you would think that doing that wouldn't have an effect on Luongo.  If something as simple as a bit of chirping by Thorton is going to throw him off his game, that is pretty sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thornton said some thing to Luongo before the game.  At the press conference they asked Luongo what it was and he said he "couldn't repeat it".

Good stuff.  Do it again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

If the chirping threw Bobby Lou off his game, then I say get 22 out there bright and early in Game 7 and CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP. Heck, I'll start now, if it'll help.

Hey Luongo, if you're reading this, seek another line of work. Maybe that gold medal can be traded for a Coke and a smile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

They better chirp him in the first period.  He could be out of the game if they wait any longer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Thornton also wore a Sox cap and the NHL banned it. Then Big Papi handed out B's hats to the Sox manager and players to show support for Shawnie and the B's....Love the team to team pulling for each other. Boston Sports Unity, like no other City.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: What did Shawn Thornton do before Game 6???:
    Thornton also wore a Sox cap and the NHL banned it. Then Big Papi handed out B's hats to the Sox manager and players to show support for Shawnie and the B's....Love the team to team pulling for each other. Boston Sports Unity, like no other City.
    Posted by dannycater

Did you see Kenny Florian show up to his UFC weigh-in, in Vancouver, on Saturday wearing a Shawn Thronton jersey?  Awesome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

fletch, i heard about that. the two guys are best friends, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tell you, Big Papi understands what a Boston fan is about. He gets it. He knows that you support your locals. I remember when Paul Pierce was in the stands for a  playoff game a few years back. It's great to see all the teams pull for each other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: What did Shawn Thornton do before Game 6???:
    fletch, i heard about that. the two guys are best friends, right?
    Posted by dannycater

Yeah, I think they hang out a lot.  Florian won in Vancouver by the way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I often am very critical of ST.  He played a very very solid game last night. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

posted at 6/14/2011 1:15 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5646bec2933ed45fcca0dd8ec2171a54&plckUserId=5646bec2933ed45fcca0dd8ec2171a54">
    First: 4/12/2005
    Last: 6/14/2011

yeah Danny, and wasn't that really cool eh? did MLB or the Red Sox brass say anything negitive about it. hell no! It just honest to god warms my heart how our teams all stand in solidarity with one another during the course of our seasons. BB goes to celtics games. Bob Kraft and John Henry watch games together. all the owners support each others charities, especially the jimmy fund. I'll tell you something, I love being a Boston/New England sports fan and love being from Boston. I was born here. brought up here, and will probably die here.

nuff said.

Sections
Shortcuts