What did you Learn?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

What did you Learn?

Just post one thing you learned (or confirmed) from last night's game.  I'll start.

The Pens are not as good at playing a chippy brand of hockey as the B's are.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Re: What did you Learn?

Crosby is the crybaby/whiner that I thought he was!  Holy cow!!  He was on the refs all night...didn't do him much good though.  Hopefully his tounge keeps wagging...it seems to disengage his hockey brain!!  GO BRUINS!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Cooke has not reformed!  Hehe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Geno can go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Boston wins this series 4-0.

Why, because the competition is getting weaker all the time.

Good for Bruins fans, but does not provide for good hockey.

Will the Leafs have provided the most competiton for the B's when they finally lift the cup?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Chara is very tall!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

CliffordWasHere is observant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Crosby is as irritating as my Flyer/Caps fan friends have told me he was.  I was really blown away at how much he was screaming at the refs considering all of the things he was doing out there.  Has it always been this bad?

After being called for the swinging two-handed slash on Seguin at the end, he approached the refs with the unmistakable look of "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

The Bruins were effective getting under the Pens skin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tuukka burned the Pens in his interview. Something along the lines of "I think they are used to having more powerplays" Hope that is not the Pens game plan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Crosby jawing up menacingly at Chara was either Crosby being brave or Crosby being dumb.  I say dumb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Boston wins this series 4-0.

Why, because the competition is getting weaker all the time.

Good for Bruins fans, but does not provide for good hockey.

Will the Leafs have provided the most competiton for the B's when they finally lift the cup?????

I honestly don't know what this means, other than you know how to copy and paste.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Crosby jawing up menacingly at Chara was either Crosby being brave or Crosby being dumb.  I say dumb.

That's a great point RHO and Massengil Man better have his head on a swivel whenever he goes into Chara's corner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Crosby needs a beating. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

Chara is very tall!

That's actually not a bad post.  Things can change in an instant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

That's a great point RHO and Massengil Man better have his head on a swivel whenever he goes into Chara's corner.

Chara was stepping into people in the corners last night, hang.  He just might catch Crosby along the way plus the knowledge of Chara steaming at him might force him to make decisions a lot sooner than he'd like. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No one stood up for Neal after Marchand hit him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/bruins-thoroughly-frustrate-penguins-in-game-1-to-steal-home-ice-advantage/article12301630/#dashboard/follows

"The Pittsburgh Penguins and their fans have seen this movie before. So, it appears, did the Boston Bruins. And it’s not a happy ending for the Penguins. A little more than a year ago, the Penguins’ cross-state rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers, knocked them out of the first round of the NHL playoffs by subjecting Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and company to a physical assault to cope with their speed. The result was a Flyers win in six games.

The Bruins employed the same tactics in the Eastern Conference final opener Saturday night at the Consol Energy Center, weathered a first-half storm and came away with a 3-0 win to the shock of 18,628 Penguins fans. The Penguins lost their cool at the end of the second period as Malkin got into a fight and afterwards Crosby complained referees Brad Watson and Chris Rooney let the Bruins get away with too much of the rough stuff."

The Bruins just need to stay on point!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Seguin can throw some checks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

Glad Horton wasnt traded

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/bruins-thoroughly-frustrate-penguins-in-game-1-to-steal-home-ice-advantage/article12301630/#dashboard/follows

"The Pittsburgh Penguins and their fans have seen this movie before. So, it appears, did the Boston Bruins. And it’s not a happy ending for the Penguins. A little more than a year ago, the Penguins’ cross-state rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers, knocked them out of the first round of the NHL playoffs by subjecting Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and company to a physical assault to cope with their speed. The result was a Flyers win in six games.

The Bruins employed the same tactics in the Eastern Conference final opener Saturday night at the Consol Energy Center, weathered a first-half storm and came away with a 3-0 win to the shock of 18,628 Penguins fans. The Penguins lost their cool at the end of the second period as Malkin got into a fight and afterwards Crosby complained referees Brad Watson and Chris Rooney let the Bruins get away with too much of the rough stuff."

The Bruins just need to stay on point!

True.  All the while continuing to contribute to the Pens wigging out.  This is from the Pittsburgh end of things. 

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/penguins/frustrations-get-the-best-of-penguins-690078/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Penguin D can be had.  Eaton and Murray aren't quick enough to pucks, Letang can be danced, and Orpik is only able to do so much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Letang is pretty physical. Last night was the most physical I've seen him play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

True.  All the while continuing to contribute to the Pens wigging out.  This is from the Pittsburgh end of things. 

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/penguins/frustrations-get-the-best-of-penguins-690078/

That made me laugh.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Letang is pretty physical. Last night was the most physical I've seen him play.

I'd love for him to continue to focus on his physical game.  Marchand can take a licking and Letang can wear and O-fer and -2 every night.