What did you Learn?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: What did you Learn?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/bruins-thoroughly-frustrate-penguins-in-game-1-to-steal-home-ice-advantage/article12301630/#dashboard/follows

"The Pittsburgh Penguins and their fans have seen this movie before. So, it appears, did the Boston Bruins. And it’s not a happy ending for the Penguins. A little more than a year ago, the Penguins’ cross-state rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers, knocked them out of the first round of the NHL playoffs by subjecting Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and company to a physical assault to cope with their speed. The result was a Flyers win in six games.

The Bruins employed the same tactics
    in the Eastern Conference final opener Saturday night at the Consol Energy Center, weathered a first-half storm and came away with a 3-0 win to the shock of 18,628 Penguins fans. The Penguins lost their cool at the end of the second period as Malkin got into a fight and afterwards Crosby complained referees Brad Watson and Chris Rooney let the Bruins get away with too much of the rough stuff."

The Bruins just need to stay on point!

Can someone please tell me how the Bruins employed the same tactics and got away with too much of the rough stuff.  The way that I saw the game, the Penguins did the same thing that Vancouver did to start the series.  They keep hearing in the media that the Bruins are Big & Bad, and they wanted to prove their manhood.  The Penguins were the aggressors.  First hit of the game was Letang running Marchand, at the time, I said awesome, just what I want to see.  But as the media continues to run with the Big Bad Bruins, the Pens outhit the B's 34 to 19.  Furthermore, the media likes to declare that the Bruins are so less skilled than the Pens, yet they outshot them 30 to 29, and dominated them in the faceoff dot 32 to 16, not to mention the skill of the goaltenders is not close right now.  Oh yeah, and some no-talent, most under rated player in the NHL, continues to lead the NHL in playoff points!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReillyO24. Show ReillyO24's posts

I learned that after months of reading these posts faithfully every day and trying to log onto this site, that this poster formally known as Taz24 is finally back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Can someone please tell me how the Bruins employed the same tactics and got away with too much of the rough stuff.  The way that I saw the game, the Penguins did the same thing that Vancouver did to start the series.  They keep hearing in the media that the Bruins are Big & Bad, and they wanted to prove their manhood.  The Penguins were the aggressors.  First hit of the game was Letang running Marchand, at the time, I said awesome, just what I want to see.  But as the media continues to run with the Big Bad Bruins, the Pens outhit the B's 34 to 19.  Furthermore, the media likes to declare that the Bruins are so less skilled than the Pens, yet they outshot them 30 to 29, and dominated them in the faceoff dot 32 to 16, not to mention the skill of the goaltenders is not close right now.  Oh yeah, and some no-talent, most under rated player in the NHL, continues to lead the NHL in playoff points!  

Shhh! You're letting the secret out that the Bruins have skilled players!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I learned that the hardest thing about not having a DVR and working the evening shift is missing the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/bruins-thoroughly-frustrate-penguins-in-game-1-to-steal-home-ice-advantage/article12301630/#dashboard/follows

"The Pittsburgh Penguins and their fans have seen this movie before. So, it appears, did the Boston Bruins. And it’s not a happy ending for the Penguins. A little more than a year ago, the Penguins’ cross-state rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers, knocked them out of the first round of the NHL playoffs by subjecting Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and company to a physical assault to cope with their speed. The result was a Flyers win in six games.

in the Eastern Conference final opener Saturday night at the Consol Energy Center, weathered a first-half storm and came away with a 3-0 win to the shock of 18,628 Penguins fans. The Penguins lost their cool at the end of the second period as Malkin got into a fight and afterwards Crosby complained referees Brad Watson and Chris Rooney let the Bruins get away with too much of the rough stuff."

[/QUOTE]

MeanE, you are spot on with this.  All yesterday and today the national announcers and sports writers have been saying how the Bruins get under the skin of the Penguins.  What exactly did the Bruins do to instigate this?  The Penguins crapped themselves before the game even started and skated around acting all tough, like that would mask the smell eminating from their shorts.  

The Penguins out hit the Bruins, they had more 'ticky tack' hits and penalties.  I am not saying by any stretch that the Bruins are angels (once the Penguins started getting wound up, sure the Bruins helped them along the way- see Marchands hit AFTER Cookes, and those hits were different but that is for another rant), but the Penguins brought this on themselves.  

All of Crosbys immature actions are well commented on, but it is true, he acted like a little kid who wasn't getting his way.  I would hate having him as the Captain of the Bruins.  He is an awesome hockey talent no question, but he has very few, if any, qualities I look for in the person I want leading my team.

The national pundits' fawning all over the Penguins is truly sickening.  They should focus on the Penguins and their actions or inability to focus, not by blaming it on the Bruins.  Or they should admit the Bruins got under their skin during the week off, BEFORE they even got on the ice.

Bunch of whining, crying tools.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Learned that Pittsburg is so sure they're going to score everytime they skate up the ice they can't play defense.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to heebiehoo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MeanE, you are spot on with this.  All yesterday and today the national announcers and sports writers have been saying how the Bruins get under the skin of the Penguins.  What exactly did the Bruins do to instigate this?  The Penguins crapped themselves before the game even started and skated around acting all tough, like that would mask the smell eminating from their shorts.  

The Penguins out hit the Bruins, they had more 'ticky tack' hits and penalties.  I am not saying by any stretch that the Bruins are angels (once the Penguins started getting wound up, sure the Bruins helped them along the way- see Marchands hit AFTER Cookes, and those hits were different but that is for another rant), but the Penguins brought this on themselves.  

All of Crosbys immature actions are well commented on, but it is true, he acted like a little kid who wasn't getting his way.  I would hate having him as the Captain of the Bruins.  He is an awesome hockey talent no question, but he has very few, if any, qualities I look for in the person I want leading my team.

The national pundits' fawning all over the Penguins is truly sickening.  They should focus on the Penguins and their actions or inability to focus, not by blaming it on the Bruins.  Or they should admit the Bruins got under their skin during the week off, BEFORE they even got on the ice.

Bunch of whining, crying tools.

[/QUOTE]

This is Vancouver all over again. Pittsburg and their fans expect to waltz to the cup. They think the Bruins can be intimidated into taking retaliation penalties or losing key players for fighting majors. What Vancouver found out and Pit has yet to learn is that the Bruins cannot be intimidated and when it becomes playoff time they keep the penalties and fighting to a minimum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

That CJ will be coaching the Bs next year.

That the slump (which I b*tched about relentlessly at the time ...) during the regular season was nothing to worry about.

Sections
Shortcuts