What do Smith and Krug get?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

What do Smith and Krug get?

Krug - on pace for 82 games. 21 goals. 26 assists. 11 PGG. +13. 

current cap hit is 1.704

Smith - on pace for 82 games. 19 goals. 37 assists. 56 points. 5PPG. +11. Having said that I think he greatly improves on those numbers. 

What do these guys get with the cap going up so dramatically?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: What do Smith and Krug get?

Can someone explain to me how Krug's status works? He was undrafted and signed as a UFA, but now he's being listed as an RFA. How does that work - doesn't make sense that you can go from UFA status back to RFA status.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can someone explain to me how Krug's status works? He was undrafted and signed as a UFA, but now he's being listed as an RFA. How does that work - doesn't make sense that you can go from UFA status back to RFA status.

[/QUOTE]

i know the same thing happened with wheeler. He signed with the bruins as a UFA, and then became an RFA. I think he's under RFA status until he turns 27. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Different classes of UFA. The first time through it was undrafted UFA, not age/experience UFA. When he comes off his contract he will be an NHL player not an undrafted college player, and he won't have the age/experience for UFA. So RFA. Not getting drafted doesn't make you UFA forever. Neither does a buyout or walk away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would guess once they sign wether out of the draft or undrafted they fall under the NHLPA guidelines.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

OatesCam's version.  Each situation a player is in has its particular criteria.  So a player under the age of 27 with fewer than 7 years of NHL experience is, at the end of his entry level deal, a Restricted free agent.  What he was before doesn't matter; it only appears linear in general application because of the age factors.  Krug is an undrafted UFA - a player whose eligibility for the draft passed without his rights being claimed.  Once he signs his first deal, he is no longer "unclaimed".  A team has paid for his rights.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wouldn't get all alarmist about this.  The Bruins control both players for some time yet unless someone wants to chuck around an offer sheet.  I don't know that that's going to happen with either player - if you're another GM are you going to blow the bank for either of these guys?  Are you sure enough about Krug to give him $5 or $6M a year so that the Bruins won't match?

If Krug tops 20 goals, I could see him getting to $3M on a 2 or 3 year deal, but more likely see a $2.75 or something less for two years. He has one year under his belt.  Remember that his actual salary is more like $1M without bonuses.

Ditto Smith.  He won't get Marchand money.  He might get the money from Marchand's previous deal which was, again, under $3M.  Marchand's deals were signed under similar Cap circumstances. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kudos to PCs AHL and College scouts. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

current cap hit is 1.704

Smith - on pace for 82 games. 19 goals. 37 assists. 56 points. 5PPG. +11. Having said that I think he greatly improves on those numbers. 

[/QUOTE]

A Stanley Cup! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I hope neelyorr. Book. I was actually thinking about Marchands second deal for Smith (2 years/5 million). I think it would probably be slightly more than that just because the cap has gone up since then. Probably like 2/5.25-5.5. Krug probably 2/6. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

current cap hit is 1.704

[/QUOTE]

If PC gave the Lemon $3.5mm a year ...Smith would get $4.mm minimum per season 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

With what they are currently doing I can see both getting "bridge" deals at about 3-4 million. Krug is putting up elite level offence, but he still only plays 3rd pairing minutes so he shouldn't break the bank like Ericsson or Subban.  Which is good.  Smith is on pace for 50-60... I can see him breaking the 60 point level if he gets some serious minutes with Bergeron and a few more minutes a game.  But he's a bit unheralded and with just one year of experience I would guess around 3 per year for 2 years.

Good thing the cap is going up.  Personally, I would give them more money for longer term.  I really like both players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If PC gave the Lemon $3.5mm a year ...Smith would get $4.mm minimum per season 

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say that Peverly was overpaid? And you're using that overpayment as a benchmark for another players salaries?

A good GM would not do that Stanley...

I have been meaning to ask you since the Leafs Game - why didn't you take the drive to Toronto to see the Bruins Sunday? Or take the train or fly? It is only about a 4.5 hour drive.

Again, a good GM would jump at the opportunity to see his players 'live' to better gauge their talent for upcoming transactions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks for the clarification all.

Sections
Shortcuts