What do you say now, Sidney?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

What do you say now, Sidney?

I know, you can't talk. You can't eat. You can't practice. All you can do is keep your mouth shut.

You'll miss the rest of the season. You won't have the strength for the playoffs, if you make it back. Too bad.

At least you got Jarome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: What do you say now, Sidney?

What's up with the hatred of Crosby around here?  You'd think he knocked out Savard and Neely.

Jesus, the guy took a slap shot to the face and suffered a serious injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What's up with the hatred of Crosby around here?  You'd think he knocked out Savard and Neely.

Jesus, the guy took a slap shot to the face and suffered a serious injury.

I dont get it either.  He didnt want iginla but wont shut up about him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

I know, you can't talk. You can't eat. You can't practice. All you can do is keep your mouth shut.

You'll miss the rest of the season. You won't have the strength for the playoffs, if you make it back. Too bad.

At least you got Jarome.

This is wishful thinking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Pure stupidity. Yeah he called Iginla, what a crime, get over it. 

Best player in the world, by a wide margin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm guessing Sidney will be perfecting his texting skills.

What's to like about Sidney?  He cries to the refs more than any other player in nhl history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Yea, there are plenty of things to bash Crosby for, but what's wrong with him recruting another player to help improve his team?  Lame thread. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'm guessing Sidney will be perfecting his texting skills.

What's to like about Sidney?  He cries to the refs more than any other player in nhl history.

Hes the best player in the world.  He plays hard.  Lots of great players have cried to the refs.  Plus hes a nova scotia boy.  I like that he said he hated every player on the flyers.  Guy loves hockey.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Not to compare the two, but in December I got hit in the jaw on the exact same play in my old farts league. Playing center with a shield on, shot from the point, tipped straight up and shattered my jaw.

I lost teeth, huge gash in the face, had to have jaw surgery,  experienced concussion symptoms for a short time, had nerve problems in my hands/arms from the neck snapping back and causing swelling in my neck, was wired up for 6 weeks. Lost 15 pounds. Just starting to feel whole again. Its a horrible, ugly awful thing to experience.

Again, I'm not comparing myself to Crosby or the league he plays in, but this injury is real and happens more than you think. (Patrick Eaves last year, etc). It absolutely sucks out loud.

As crabby as Ive been about the Pens and Iginla and the B's being awful and such, I wish Sid a quick and uneventful recovery. I would not wish that injury on anyone. Feel better, Sid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hes the best player in the world.  He plays hard.  Lots of great players have cried to the refs.  Plus hes a nova scotia boy.  I like that he said he hated every player on the flyers.  Guy loves hockey.  

I don't like him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't like him.

I dislike a lot of players.  Still wouldnt wanna see them hurt.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Not to compare the two, but in December I got hit in the jaw on the exact same play in my old farts league. Playing center with a shield on, shot from the point, tipped straight up and shattered my jaw.

I lost teeth, huge gash in the face, had to have jaw surgery,  experienced concussion symptoms for a short time, had nerve problems in my hands/arms from the neck snapping back and causing swelling in my neck, was wired up for 6 weeks. Lost 15 pounds. Just starting to feel whole again. Its a horrible, ugly awful thing to experience.

Again, I'm not comparing myself to Crosby or the league he plays in, but this injury is real and happens more than you think. (Patrick Eaves last year, etc). It absolutely sucks out loud.

As crabby as Ive been about the Pens and Iginla and the B's being awful and such, I wish Sid a quick and uneventful recovery. I would not wish that injury on anyone. Feel better, Sid.

Yes you have, get back on board,its not that bad.B's will be ready for the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That must have been some seriously numbing pain and perhaps shock you felt when you got hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Yes you have, get back on board,its not that bad.B's will be ready for the playoffs.

I know, I know, but I just can't stand it when they play horrible night after night. It makes me crazy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Same here, with the exception of Matt Cooke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

That must have been some seriously numbing pain and perhaps shock you felt when you got hit.

Ive had all sorts of injuries since the 70's. Plenty of stitiches in the face. This injury honestly felt like I was in a car accident.  The worst ever.

I described to the neck Doctor who insisted on an MRI after I was having so much nerve trouble that when I was hit, my neck snapped back (whiplash?) and I came off my feet, then fell forward. Basically woke up in a pool of blood.

I watched the film of Crosby's hit and it was nearly identical.  I can't imagine how much worse it must be for him with an NHL shot.  Of course, me being 112 years old didnt help me any.

I remember laying on the couch watching the World Jrs after I had surgery and noticed they all had shields, and was thinking that injury could happen to anyone on every play in any league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Same here, with the exception of Matt Cooke.

And kaleta.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I know, I know, but I just can't stand it when they play horrible night after night. It makes me crazy.

I hear ya man, its not pretty right now, but as we saw tonight when the B's get their azz in gear they can bring it. I just hope they bring it more consistently, and just maybe a trade to spruce things up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Ive had all sorts of injuries since the 70's. Plenty of stitiches in the face. This injury honestly felt like I was in a car accident.  The worst ever.

I described to the neck Doctor who insisted on an MRI after I was having so much nerve trouble that when I was hit, my neck snapped back (whiplash?) and I came off my feet, then fell forward. Basically woke up in a pool of blood.

I watched the film of Crosby's hit and it was nearly identical.  I can't imagine how much worse it must be for him with an NHL shot.  Of course, me being 112 years old didnt help me any.

I remember laying on the couch watching the World Jrs after I had surgery and noticed they all had shields, and was thinking that injury could happen to anyone on every play in any league.

Good to hear you're on the road to recovery, man.  Keep it going.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If they made full facial protection mandatory, the manufacturers would improve them dramatically - so you can see out of them.  I use the old cat eye cage with no chin cup.  I think the chin cup is the worst thing, it makes it hard to find the puck in your feet.

The second thing full facial protection would achieve would be that it would take fighting out of the game, another positive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If they made full facial protection mandatory, the manufacturers would improve them dramatically - so you can see out of them.  I use the old cat eye cage with no chin cup.  I think the chin cup is the worst thing, it makes it hard to find the puck in your feet.

The second thing full facial protection would achieve would be that it would take fighting out of the game, another positive.

fighting is needed.  try playing in a competitive league with no fighting, the smallest guys turn ino Probert.    clowns not needed.  Hockey fights definitely needed.  The injurues would climb to heights weve never seen.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

fighting is needed.  try playing in a competitive league with no fighting, the smallest guys turn ino Probert.    clowns not needed.  Hockey fights definitely needed.  The injurues would climb to heights weve never seen.  

so you're saying the only solution is vigilante justice?

sounds like you have no faith in referees, the system and law enforcement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Thanks, Rich.  Appreciated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I hear ya man, its not pretty right now, but as we saw tonight when the B's get their azz in gear they can bring it. I just hope they bring it more consistently, and just maybe a trade to spruce things up.

Yeah, youre right, and actually Crosby's injury kinda reminded me that the B's playing like crap is still pretty low on the priority list of things that I should let pizz me off so much.  I thought after they won the Cup the results of B's games wouldnt be so damn important. Wrong again!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Thanks, Rich.  Appreciated.

Try not to get too clenched up if the Bruins lay an egg as any team is bound to do sometimes.  Not good for the jaw! Cheers!

Sections
Shortcuts