What do you say now, Sidney?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Re: What do you say now, Sidney?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to BSXIII's comment:

Yea, there are plenty of things to bash Crosby for, but what's wrong with him recruting another player to help improve his team?  Lame thread. 

Its called tampering and is forbidden by the CBA.  The rule is posted in every NHL locker room.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Easy to understand why people don't like Crosby but no one should be happy about his current injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Easy to understand why people don't like Crosby but no one should be happy about his current injury.

I agree; still, Karma's a bitch...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Reports lately say Crosby will be back for the play offs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Sometime people forget what an injury feels like and ive had my share.

When i seen the news about crosby i said there ya go, its kharma and ouchhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I have never liked crosby,due to his whining and that period of time that seemed like he was protected by the league and officicials, however i hope all is well for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Probably just too hard to miss those juicy lips...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

As a player I respect Crosby as probably the best in the game today...however, if the reports we hear are accurate that he directly contacted Iginla to influence him to force the Flames to trade with the Pens, then it is the Hockey Gods that have voiced their displeasure.

The fact that Crosby breaks his jaw (of all injuries) prior to Iginla lacing them up with the Pens, is a clear indication that a divine power stepped up in an attempt to balance the inappropriate behavior of both Crosby and the Penguins organization.

It appears that Crosby's injury will not shut him down for the rest of 2013...the Gods of hockey are not that cruel to prevent the Pens from still winning the cup, with Sid & Iginla playing together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't have a problem with Iginla choosing the Penguins, don't have a problem with hockey fans hating on Crosby becuase he is a whiner and acts like a baby sometimes, don't have a problem wishing bad karma on Pittsburgh.

When I first saw the report and reviewd the play on video I did think for a moment "heh there's some karma for Pittsburgh". Then I though how it felt getting beaned with a baseball right on the jaw, stopped that evil thought right there n then.

I'd rather have the devil and the angel on my shoulder as Larry Kroger in Animal House that's just much more fun. Sometimes those "should I be good or should I be bad ?" thoughts go awry for a moment. That reality is no matter how much you hate a player you don't want him spitin chicklets.

Ulf and Cooke are most definite exceptions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Truthfully, I feel bad for him and wish him a speedy recovery because he's such a great player.  That was hard to watch and he's the best the sport has.  And particularly after reading some of the posts above (IL), I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

But I'm also not above childish vindictive thinking and finding a positive spin to the Penguins all-star team somehow unraveling.  I'm not happy about what happened to Crosby.  I am happy about the separate, but related, issue of the Penguins becoming less formidible.

Before I saw the video and had just heard that Crosby broke his jaw and lost teeth, I wondered if Iginla had lost an appendage in the accident too...

That's how mature I'm being about this today...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Truthfully, I feel bad for him and wish him a speedy recovery because he's such a great player.  That was hard to watch and he's the best the sport has.  And particularly after reading some of the posts above (IL), I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

But I'm also not above childish vindictive thinking and finding a positive spin to the Penguins all-star team somehow unraveling.  I'm not happy about what happened to Crosby.  I am happy about the separate, but related, issue of the Penguins becoming less formidible.

Before I saw the video and had just heard that Crosby broke his jaw and lost teeth, I wondered if Iginla had lost an appendage in the accident too...

That's how mature I'm being about this today...

You're on fire today Fletch.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'm guessing Sidney will be perfecting his texting skills.

What's to like about Sidney?  He cries to the refs more than any other player in nhl history.

his rookie year yes....not now. not even close. that's reputation and nothing more. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I dislike a lot of players.  Still wouldnt wanna see them hurt.  

Same here, with the exception of Matt Cooke.

and Burrows.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Tampering is a huge crime and I am surprised that Jacobs is not doing anything about it... yet.  Not that I care so much about Iggy and I am not sure if he could have helped the B's but it could cost the Bruins millions in revenue.  But what bugs me the most is that Crosby thinks he's above any team, or even the league.  I know if a Bruin player tampered it would be headlines in the league for a month but because it's Crosby they just sweep it under the rug.  Pittsburg gets away with everything.  Imagine it was Chara that cut open Karllson?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't know all the rules of tampering, but here's what Elliot Friedman has to say on it:

No tampering

Iginla, who is slated to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, was cautious with his comments but the issue of tampering was raised by the Hotstove Tonight panel during its Saturday night segment.

The Boston Bruins had thought they had a deal in place to land Iginla, but that fell through because of Iginla's wish to play in Pittsburgh.

However, Hockey Night in Canada's Elliotte Friedman doesn't see any proof that tampering took place.

"There is a thing that gets put up in all the dressing rooms now, and technically players can [be guilty of] tampering," said Friedman. "They're told personal communications to entice a player under contract with any other team to come to your team, that's not allowed. It's sort of put up in any dressing room.

"But I don't look at that and say, there's enough there to say there was tampering. I know people are very sensitive right now but I don't see something there that says the Penguins tampered with Jarome Iginla."

---

My take is that it isn't an issue because Iginla was leaving anyway.  If a guy was under contract and there were no plans in place, having Player A call him and say, "Duuuuuude, we're on fire here.  Force a trade and come join the fun" would be tampering.

Iginla was working to decide which team he was going to choose.  Crosby gave him a sales pitch.

Much like Chara could do for Gaborik.  2nd rounder and Fallstrom should do it, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

What's to like about Sidney?  He cries to the refs more than any other player in nhl history.

his rookie year yes....not now. not even close. that's reputation and nothing more.

Wrong Crosby has done plenty the last few years as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Wrong Crosby has done plenty the last few years as well.

He hasnt played much.  If chara said i hate every hab i would applaud.