What does Neely think?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

What does Neely think?

Clearly Pete C is enamored of his team. I'd love to know how Neely feels. I know I sound negative, but I have long felt the B's had only one Top Four defenseman - Chara. Seids just is not bringing it this year, Ferrence is a third pair guy at best, there had been hope for Stuart but that is clearly gone, and the young guys, while promising, are all third pair types at this point too.
    Up front, Bergy is clearly our best forward and Lucic has attained Top Six status as well. But Krecji isn't playing at the level, nor can you count on Horton or Ryder or Wheeler for any kind of consistent production. Marchaund has been a great surprise but he should be skating thrid line for another season or two. And Campbell is great, but clearly not a Top Six.
    So in my humble and irritating opinion, the Bruins have ONE Top Four defenseman and TWO Top Six forwards. THAT IS JUST NOT GOING TO CUT IT IN THE PLAYOFFS.
    Obviously Pete C. feels different. He probably considers Seids and Ferrence Top Four guys. And he clearly regards Krecji, Ryder, Horton and Wheeler as Top Six forwards. I just don't see it.
    I wonder how Neely sees it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: What does Neely think?

In Response to What does Neely think?:
    [QUOTE]Clearly Pete C is enamored of his team. I'd love to know how Neely feels. I know I sound negative, but I have long felt the B's had only one Top Four defenseman - Chara. Seids just is not bringing it this year, Ferrence is a third pair guy at best, there had been hope for Stuart but that is clearly gone, and the young guys, while promising, are all third pair types at this point too. Up front, Bergy is clearly our best forward and Lucic has attained Top Six status as well. But Krecji isn't playing at the level, nor can you count on Horton or Ryder or Wheeler for any kind of consistent production. Marchaund has been a great surprise but he should be skating thrid line for another season or two. And Campbell is great, but clearly not a Top Six. So in my humble and irritating opinion, the Bruins have ONE Top Four defenseman and TWO Top Six forwards. THAT IS JUST NOT GOING TO CUT IT IN THE PLAYOFFS. Obviously Pete C. feels different. He probably considers Seids and Ferrence Top Four guys. And he clearly regards Krecji, Ryder, Horton and Wheeler as Top Six forwards. I just don't see it. I wonder how Neely sees it.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Im really starting to think its this system. Guys like Horton, Krejci, Wheeler, Lucic, Seguin, Ryder are all meant to attack the other team.

Currently they are expected to fiddle around with the puck at center ice and forcefeed dump and chase. Then guys like Krejci-Horton-Wheeler wind up spending way to much time and effort in our own DZONE chasing pucks and looking for the breakout. Which then gets bottled up at center ice.

What im saying is we have good chess pieces but were just using them incorrectly. Making some big changes on defense to include more than 1guy who can skate upice and pass(kampfer) would be crucial. Add 2 PMD's imo. Kaberle/BOGO and A Greene.

Put one on each pairing and let the shutdown D bbe shutdown D and let the offensive forwards ATTACK!!!!

This team has shown how scary good it can be when it does that. But the defense currently lacks the talent and the team lacks a coach who can realize this.

Sections
Shortcuts