What does the core of posters here "agree" on?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: What does the core of posters here

In response to marco0863's comment:

you all have s common denominator and its not a high hockey iq. I thin k that's why newcomers are few and far between. 

See, that's where some people run into trouble.  Instead providing an arguement, it's "someone else agrees with me, so those of you who don't must not know what you are talking about".  Instead of trying to argue the validity of a point, you end up trading insults.

[QUOTE]

For ex - kess seg- no one wamted seg out now that he's out - oh it has to be  done.

[/QUOTE]

As for this (at least on Seguin), I disagree completely.  There seem to be three groups.  People who disliked him and had voice their opinion before and are happy he's gone (though maybe not about the return for him); people who didn't want him traded but accept the reasoning behind it (this is where I am); and people who don't like the trade.  I don't think there are any that fit your description of changing opinion simply because it was done.  That's a mistake of assigning statements made by some to a collective.

As for newcomers, the frequency of new arrivales dropped precipitously after BDC decided to drop it's previous forum provider and run the forums internally.  There was a long stretch where the forums were barely useable.  Even now, quotes don't often work properly, and the gold stars are gone.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

As a matter of fact, rather than participate in hockey conversations the bullies would come out and imply that I had no business being here because I supported the Red Sox also...the clique of what I call 'Good 'Ole Boys' would then chime in to support the bully, since they, after all, were the regular posters in here and I know nothing about hockey.

[/QUOTE]

This is a great point.

I have seen it numerous times here. Just because some like to visit other forums ( Pats, Sox or whoever ) doesn't make their opinions worth less then those solely on the Bruins forum.

I am a sports junky. I don't chat on those forums.................it also doesn't make me less knowledgeable then them regarding those sports. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This board is at its best when the posters here play to their indvidual strengths. It has nothuing to do with agreement, but rather bringing your own area of expertise on hockey. The sport and the league is too complex for one person to know everything so the board works best when posters can fill in the blanks in other people's knowledge. There are posters who routinely watch other teams like the Jackets, Panthers, Avs, Leafs, Habs, Canuckleheads and Jets, so they can contribute on that side. I like hearing about Provedence, NCAA and CHL from knowledgable posters. We have a sizable collection of weirdos here to give us goaltending insights. Me personally I have an unhealthy knowledge of relocation, ownership and expansion issues (and Chick-Stick-and-Puck ;) )

It's not about agreement - the board works best when it's about sharing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

They mostly agree that Stanley is nuts......Cheers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

That's probably why we call people on junk posts - they can become that kind of brainworm.  Chowdah's taken holy orders on this, but I think NAS is right, too.  If someone who is generally thoughtful posts some brainworm, they hear about it...right BadHab?  Maybe it's done with more humour than if it's someone who is just brainworm, but it usually gets called.

[/QUOTE]

............as opposed to taking holy orders of being someone's BFF ? ( I kid........sort of )

Thank you very much , you are correct with absolutely no apologies or second thoughts for feeling this way.....................I'll take that any day over the alternative of reading things I deem as fiction and saying nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

My comments were a generalization based on some of the posts from the regulars. Specifically pointing out you doing this was not even on my mind.

But hey while we're at, sure why not ?..............damn right you have your binkies that you'd rather avoid then commenting in a confronting manner with their posts. 

It's obvious.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like the time I told Shupe (the Potsie to my Ralph Malph) that if he kept up with this Rask contract BS I was going to block him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE]

Bobby Orr was the greatest defenceman of all time.

Outside of that? Not much, and that's a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Both comments on point!

"I think the short answer is nothing.  In terms of agreement, several of the posters that I like best are ones that I frequently disagree with".

Which makes the debates fun. What is also good is someone like Shup, as an example, won't back off "how a goalie should be paid". It's awesome!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, like the time I told Shupe (the Potsie to my Ralph Malph) that if he kept up with this Rask contract BS I was going to block him?

[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly enjoyed that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Both comments on point!

"I think the short answer is nothing.  In terms of agreement, several of the posters that I like best are ones that I frequently disagree with".

Which makes the debates fun. What is also good is someone like Shup, as an example, won't back off "how a goalie should be paid". It's awesome!

[/QUOTE]

Awesome is not the word I was thinking of.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

trouts - I'll answer that because even if you're not referring to me, I'm guilty. 

I've ragged on you in the past because of one very specific thing, but that had nothing to do with this place being a clique.  About a year ago, you posted on this board for the first time since 2011.  It was when the Bruins were struggling down the stretch, Lucic was benched etc.  Your post was something version of "It's sad to see but this team is going nowhere, just not enough talent or heart."  That kind of post often comes from trolls who are just looking to get a rise.  I had never seen you post before, but you had a long enough history of posting, so I checked your posting history to see if it was public.  There was a two year gap, and the posts before the gap were from the stretch run in 2011 when the Bruins were struggling and Ryder was benched etc.  It was identical, just like you expect from a troll you waits to jump in and pile on with I told you so when things aren't going well.  So I drew the conclusion that you were a troll and called you on it.  You weren't around for long after that, then came back again a month or two ago, and when you came back it was to complain.  To that point, I had yet to see you make a post that included anything other than complaining about the team and "oh, it's all so dreary" doom and gloom when the team was slumping.

Then you posted something insightful a week later and I acknowledged it was a good post knowing that a) you probably don't care what I think and b) someone like Chowdah would probably send me a recipe to cook that crow I had to eat.  None of that has to do with a clique.  As a Bruins fan, sad sack statements about the team get a rise out of me.  They are usually made by people who are all about being able to say that they knew better, and we should all bow down to their hockey knowledge.  When those people complain about others kissing Jacobs's/Chiarelli's/each others' buttes, it's usually pretty transparent that what they mean is "you should be acknowledging MY genius."  Those people disappear when things go well, and that's what it looked like you had done when the Bruins won the Cup.

There's a difference here between a clique and a culture.  They call these forum communities, and all communities develop a culture.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

My comments were a generalization based on some of the posts from the regulars. Specifically pointing out you doing this was not even on my mind.

But hey while we're at, sure why not ?..............damn right you have your binkies that you'd rather avoid then commenting in a confronting manner with their posts. 

It's obvious.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you didnt mean it.  You pulled an obama on putin.   You threatened sanctions.   Whats a sanction anyway.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you didnt mean it.  You pulled an obama on putin.   You threatened sanctions.   Whats a sanction anyway.  

[/QUOTE]

Something the backup goaler would check an opponent into?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Something the backup goaler would check an opponent into?

[/QUOTE]

Haha.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure there is a clique. I watch almost every game & when I grew up in Boston I used to sneak into the old Garden to watch the Bruins play. I'm a longtime fan, who played the game, but when I post here I see too many personal attacks that aren't especially clever and drive many of the fans away. It's sort of like juvenile bullying done by supposed adults.

[/QUOTE]

Mostly agree with this and it goes a long way to explain why very few new folk come and stay in this board. You only need to see how Stanley has been treated. I usually disagree with most of what he says as well but he has the right to speak his mind without getting abuse and being ridiculed. The time when he was publicly humiliated with the fake messages from PC in order to demonstrate to all the contempt in which he was held was a low point that this board has never recovered from.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Well if we are a "clique" we should have a name. I'm thinking "Chiarelli Fanboy club" or "Jacobs Lovers 90210"....

It's stupid really. Contribute good stuff, have a good time and your fine. Don't take anything too seriously and learn to disagree with someone without getting personal. And follow these simple rules:

1. Kelvana is always right. Even when he is wrong, wich is never.

2. Don't mention Rasks contract.

3. When Stanley predicts something, thats a good time to place a wager on the oppsosite happening.

4. Kelvana is always right.

Where is JMW? He used to post 100 times during a game. GDT's arent the same.

Where is Dez? Thought for sure he'd show up for the deadline.

And Fletch, I understand you'll be meeting NAS this weekend. I want a pic of him and any chick he might be with, try to get one of her while her head is up. You may have to do a Walmart creepshot, but we'll let it slide this time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure there is a clique. I watch almost every game & when I grew up in Boston I used to sneak into the old Garden to watch the Bruins play. I'm a longtime fan, who played the game, but when I post here I see too many personal attacks that aren't especially clever and drive many of the fans away. It's sort of like juvenile bullying done by supposed adults.

[/QUOTE]

Mostly agree with this and it goes a long way to explain why very few new folk come and stay in this board. You only need to see how Stanley has been treated. I usually disagree with most of what he says as well but he has the right to speak his mind without getting abuse and being ridiculed. The time when he was publicly humiliated with the fake messages from PC in order to demonstrate to all the contempt in which he was held was a low point that this board has never recovered from.

[/QUOTE]

Han - this is a great great post. ... I notice u don't post as much - why? 

Pls let me add something"

There are some here that have said stanley is sick. Hes crazy, delusional, schizophrenic

Now imagine ( no offence stanley just trying to make a point) that he does suffer from such a diabolical disease and here you guys are with the stupidest fkn idiotic infantile remarks.imagine he has This disorder does he need you to remind him over a fkn stupid forum. Hey u binch of idiots. What if a loved one had it bet u be much more sensitive In announcing it over a forum. That is pathetic and idiotic un educated thinking. 

If someone has a disorder like that he doesn't need you fkn embeciles diagnosis and fkn mockery of it. Nas thrives on how some posts bring change what fkn change do those posts bring. 

Listen never judge a man till u walked a mile In his shoes. Keep those remarks to yourselves cuz you never know if  that person has a condition or not

If  this is decent " group" behaviour I want nothing of it. Yea some of you can keep calling me a troll wtv but I still never change to conform to this type of person... never... I'd rathet be a forum outcast then participate insuch ignorant discussions

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Many reasons why I don't post but generally it boils down to two. Firstly, I live a crazily busy life which doesn't allow me the luxury of always posting thoughtful comments but mostly its because anything I might have said has usually already been covered by the more regular posters whom I gotta say are an intelligent and knowledgeable lot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right about Stanley, but you're wrong, too.

Yes, I honestly believe there is something wrong with the guy.  And I do ignore him.

And I have told him to quit the predictions and the ridiculous trade suggestions.

But he keeps on posting and posting and posting until I just want to reach out and tell him to shut up!  Then after I blow off steam I go back to ignoring him.

My point is that he is seeking attention and won't rest until he gets a reaction.

I've told him he can contribute, but predictions and proposing trades is just ridiculous.

He is NOT expressing an opinion, he is "advertising" what he believes are the goods to get him the job of Bruins GM.  In that sense it's spam.  No one is buying it, but he keeps posting it.  It's annoying.

This is a *discussion* forum, not an advertising forum.  Those that only want to speak and do not hear are shunned, as well they should be.  It's the same as in real life.  I have broken off at least a couple of friendships in my life because it's all a one way discussion, they talk and I can't get in a word edgewise.  There's no point to it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd rathet be a forum outcast then participate insuch ignorant discussions

[/QUOTE]

You may not like participating in ignorant discussions but you sure love participating in repetitive ones,thats a lock.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

forum outcast then participate insuch ignorant discussions

Did u read about  seg 5 pts last night? 

[/QUOTE]

(groan).  5 pts in a 6-1 game against the Canucks.

and around and around and around and around and around we go.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And of course this thread gets turned into Badhab chasing a troll around for three weeks while keeping two other threads at the top of this discussion board doing the same thing.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts