What does the core of posters here "agree" on?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: What does the core of posters here

Negative Nelly takes the thread and swallows it into submissiion. Fantestical.  Another victory of nilhism.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

As a relatively new guy, I think the forum is great. Sure, the guys that have known each other for years tend to interact more. That's no different than at work or down at the corner pub. On game nights I'm usually by myself so I particularly enjoy the "game-day" threads and everyone's comments and banter while we watch the game. We're lucky to have true hard core Bruins fans on here, many of them genuinely filled with hockey knowledge. It's a pleasure to be around. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I'm gonna pay my "union" dues?

I've been a member for 3 yrs now, at first the forum seemed "normal". Many people here discuss hockey related issues. The odd personal discussion would arise. To me, what ever, they have been discussing longer than I've been here. A clique, NO, Memebers only, NO. I could chime in and give my point of view. Did I feel outcasted? NO. I made a reasonable statement, got some "feedback" I still come back and read others posting.

Stanley and I got into a "discussion". He sure is excitable! Not only did I call him out I now don't waste my time reading ANY of his post. I feel no need to waste time with him.

50Below had some negative issues not that long ago. I gave my opinion, he replied, I 've moved on. (btw, nice to have you back 50)

Null, JOKE! That "person" brought nothing to the table. I hated him being here. It seemed that no one on this forum would leave this idiot alone. He would continue on and on. Just to push buttons. That was a LONG time here on BDC. Glad it's all straightened away.

Marco, you seem to be a honest person who only wants to make himself clear on your ideas. All the power to you, but there are times when enough is enough and its time to move on to the next story. I don't like your "lazy" typing and why must you swear "fkn" every other word? Really, you must know that any person age or gender could be reading these posts. Time to show a little maturity.

BadHab, You are the funniest here! Always want to read your post, unless they have something to do with bantering that goes on at this website.

Thanks for your time. Good luck to the Bruins and may they stay healthy for the 2014 Playoff run

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Not really a suggestion, just my opinion.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. I enjoy the hockey talk here. Plus we're mostly all Bruins fans. Could not imagine a Habs forum. (just threw up in my mouth)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

I think that the core agree to disagree and that for the most part makes this site good the majority of the time.

I don't comment that often on here but I do read the posts almost daily.  What I enjoy the most is the wealth of hockey knowledge displayed by the core group.  If they always agreed on the topics that would make the site boring.

There are others that post on here and I just shake my head and think do they even watch the game of hockey, where do they come up with some of the crap they write?  It's when I wish that they never removed who started the topic.

I see a post from the core group and I'm interested in their reply, like to see some of them going back and forth stating their opinion.  Been some good battles over the years but in the end I think the core group respect each other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to winexpos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that the core agree to disagree and that for the most part makes this site good the majority of the time.

I don't comment that often on here but I do read the posts almost daily.  What I enjoy the most is the wealth of hockey knowledge displayed by the core group.  If they always agreed on the topics that would make the site boring.

There are others that post on here and I just shake my head and think do they even watch the game of hockey, where do they come up with some of the crap they write?  It's when I wish that they never removed who started the topic.

I see a post from the core group and I'm interested in their reply, like to see some of them going back and forth stating their opinion.  Been some good battles over the years but in the end I think the core group respect each other.

[/QUOTE]

Dont be shy to join in.  New voices are good.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Book - no Bruin suspended?  The Thornton thing?

I would agree that I regular poster doesn't generally get called out with prejudice as bad as a newcomer, but it's a credibility thing.  And if they are insistant on some wacko opinion it turns into abuse, like crazyass NAS and the Bishop taking a soccer dive thing.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, the Thornton thing....Totally forgot that.  Does it count if the player involved is a member in good standing of the clown union, though?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So to new posters and less frequent posters, we have heard references to the core group. Just out of curiousity, who do you all consider part of that group?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So to new posters and less frequent posters, we have heard references to the core group. Just out of curiousity, who do you all consider part of that group?

[/QUOTE]

You are the Queen Bee.  I dont know many men/women with more hockey knowledge.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Generally speaking, I think the core of posters here agree that they're:

Politically liberal.

Religiously Orthodox.

Competitively prejudice towards Montreal, Pitt and Vancouver.

And believe that Rask is worth 7 million.  Krejci's not really a first line center and should be traded.  Russian players are all soft and selfish.  Bobby Orr's the hockey equivalent of Jesus Christ himself.  And Tim Thomas carried the B's to a Cup, but didnt need to tell us which way he leaned while doing it.

I think that covers most of the major ones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Politically liberal.

Religiously Orthodox.

Competitively prejudice towards Montreal, Pitt and Vancouver.

And believe that Rask is worth 7 million.  Krejci's not really a first line center and should be traded.  Russian players are all soft and selfish.  Bobby Orr's the hockey equivalent of Jesus Christ himself.  And Tim Thomas carried the B's to a Cup, but didnt need to tell us which way he leaned while doing it.

[/QUOTE]

You got his one right for sure and maybe a little bit of Lerf hate thrown in. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Politically liberal. Wrong (but most don't express it)

Religiously Orthodox.  Wrong (I'm an atheist)

Competitively prejudice towards Montreal, Pitt and Vancouver.  Right

And believe that Rask is worth 7 million.  Wrong

Krejci's not really a first line center and should be traded.  Wrong

Russian players are all soft and selfish.  Wrong

Bobby Orr's the hockey equivalent of Jesus Christ himself.  Especially Right.

And Tim Thomas carried the B's to a Cup, Wrong

but didnt need to tell us which way he leaned while doing it. Wrong (altho I feel this way I know there are those who disagree

This isn't serious, is it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Thank you. If I ever get a traffic ticket in the Maritimes hopefully you remember this and cut me some slack,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Love the banter, humor, passion and group loyalty.

Hate the repetitive negative posts about the same players over and over.

Love hearing difference of opinion.

Hate when it's done with contempt and irreverence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a relatively new guy, I think the forum is great. Sure, the guys that have known each other for years tend to interact more. That's no different than at work or down at the corner pub. On game nights I'm usually by myself so I particularly enjoy the "game-day" threads and everyone's comments and banter while we watch the game. We're lucky to have true hard core Bruins fans on here, many of them genuinely filled with hockey knowledge. It's a pleasure to be around. 

[/QUOTE]

Welcome Madhouse ...but beware of the wolves !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

They mostly agree that Stanley is nuts......Cheers!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah right ..telling the truth here and making awesome predictions is forbidden.....otherwise people call you nuts .....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This board is at its best when the posters here play to their indvidual strengths. It has nothuing to do with agreement, but rather bringing your own area of expertise on hockey. The sport and the league is too complex for one person to know everything so the board works best when posters can fill in the blanks in other people's knowledge. There are posters who routinely watch other teams like the Jackets, Panthers, Avs, Leafs, Habs, Canuckleheads and Jets, so they can contribute on that side. I like hearing about Provedence, NCAA and CHL from knowledgable posters. We have a sizable collection of weirdos here to give us goaltending insights. Me personally I have an unhealthy knowledge of relocation, ownership and expansion issues (and Chick-Stick-and-Puck ;) )

It's not about agreement - the board works best when it's about sharing.

Beautufully said, red. The board is a great set up. It makes me feel part of a collective - firstly of Bruin supporters and secondly of the game of hockey. There's some pretty good hockey minds around here. Critical and analytical thinkers. I don't get the fanboy tag. If a number of posters individually are likeminded in their view on a specific topic how does that make them fanboys?

A level of comfort exists between some posters - like buddies having a chat. I like that. Within that structure we've seen some epic disagreements that to me don't hold up the clique idea. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

And if they are insistant on some wacko opinion it turns into abuse, like crazyass NAS and the Bishop taking a soccer dive thing.

----------

Crazyass wacko opinions are welcomed also. They get the rented mule treatment.

And hey....... come to think of it..........where was the college professor from Ottawa on that one ? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. If I ever get a traffic ticket in the Maritimes hopefully you remember this and cut me some slack,

[/QUOTE]

Haha.  I dont do tickets but i will help a sister out.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And of course this thread gets turned into Badhab chasing a troll around for three weeks while keeping two other threads at the top of this discussion board doing the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Didn't happen.  Not going to happen.  I swear I won't get sucked in again.