What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston

Not much needs to be done, but the first thing I do is let Kaberle go and sign Wisniewski.  He is a solid two way defenseman who also plays with an edge.  I think he would fit right in.  I can live with Ryder for say 1 or 2 years at $2M per, but otherwise keep this team together.  With the #9 pick this year and some nice depth in the minors, this team does not need to go out overspend on average FAs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Preferences in order starting with Defense;

1) Sign Yandle to an offer sheet.  B's got the cap room, PHX is in trouble financially, B's can pay the picks to get it done.

2) Sign Pitkanen or Wiz.  Problem is both will be hotly contested and may require $5MM a year.  Not sure they are worth that and the B's will need the cap space in coming years.

3) Re-sign Kaberle for a hometown discount with the hopes he re-discovers his game with a training camp under his belt?

Forwards;

1) Ville Leino, nice second line addition to take Rex's spot.

2) Scottie Upshall, takes Ryders spot as 2/3 line guy.

3) Far cheaper option for bottom 6 duty would be Brad Winchester.  Add's size and help for Thornton and can take a regular shift.  Good physical depth forward.

IMO, Caron, Arniel, Kampfer, Bartkowski, Suave, Hamill, Spooner, Knight, etc need more seasoning with PB's.  After next season when Peverly, Kelly, Campbell, etc are FA's then they will get their chance to shine. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston:
    [QUOTE]

IMO, Caron, Arniel, Kampfer, Bartkowski, Suave, Hamill, Spooner, Knight, etc need more seasoning with PB's.  After next season when Peverly, Kelly, Campbell, etc are FA's then they will get their chance to shine. 
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

One of those guys will surprise and make the jump.

Which one?  I would not say.  Except that when you have that many guys with that kind of talent one of them will take a big step over the summer.  I'm primarily basing my opnion on the averages.

Previous examples; Marchand, Lucic and before them Bergeron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Shupe:

How can you say Boston avoided injury? Chara missed a game, McQuaid was out for a few games after he went awkwardly into the boards, Savard out for nearly the whole season, Bergeron missed a couple games, Horton missed several games, and thats just off the top of my head...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : One of those guys will surprise and make the jump. Which one?  I would not say.  Except that when you have that many guys with that kind of talent one of them will take a big step over the summer.  I'm primarily basing my opnion on the averages. Previous examples; Marchand, Lucic and before them Bergeron.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I love your logo !!!!!!!!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe: How can you say Boston avoided injury? Chara missed a game, McQuaid was out for a few games after he went awkwardly into the boards, Savard out for nearly the whole season, Bergeron missed a couple games, Horton missed several games, and thats just off the top of my head...
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

compared to montreal, philly and van...well its not even close.  We lost a guy for a game.  To me thats avoiding injury.  Horton was the main one.
    Montreal- No Markov or Gorge.
    Philly- No Pronger Carter
    Van- Hamhuis, Samuelson, then lost Rome(their defense was very weak at the end).

Yes we had some bumps, but I am talking like last year when we lost a significant player like DK for the series, not b/c of the flu.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

If it were possible, I would like to see The Finnish Flash in Boston. Perhaps he doesn't play their 'style', but he did score 31 goals last season. As a 2nd or third liner, a la Recchi, he still brings something. And he has won a cup.

I would rather sign Kaberle to something of a lesser deal, as he seems amenable to one, than anyone who is obtainable on the free agent market. His first pass skills really clean up the neutral zone play for the Bruins, and even if he didn't help the PP, I'd like to see him given a full year in Julien's system, where more is consistently asked of him as a playoff bound team. I'd have fallen into bad habits too if I had to play in Toronto. Plus, there is a Pizza Pizza on every corner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Parise. but it won't happen.

as far as UFAs, I'd always love to have Sturm back in Recchi's role.

Sturm, Bergeron, Marchand.

Sturm knows the system, fits well in Boston  (neely obviously likes him).

I've personally never been impressed with jordan Caron.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

If the Habs don't resign Markhov i say the Bs should go for it instead of keeping Kaberle!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]If the Habs don't resign Markhov i say the Bs should go for it instead of keeping Kaberle!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

ew

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elsid. Show elsid's posts

I'll put in a vote for Jussi Jokinen.

Sections
Shortcuts