What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston

Not that they need a big time addition given what they've just done, but they certainly will have some cap space this offseason if Kaberle and Ryder go.  How would you like to see them spend it?  

And please be realistic......no Shea Webber talk

My first inclination is towards a defensemen.  Obviously Chara/Siedenberg is your first pair, set in stone, and after that Ference and Boychuck and even McQuaid Kamfer is pretty decent.  But injuries WILL happen and I say, why not go after someone like Joni Pitkanen?

I know the words puck moving defensemen and quarterback of the powerplay are now dirty words around here....they don't have to be.  That was Kaberle's fault.  And Pitkanen is a better all around defensemen than Kaberle too.  Plus he's only 27

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston

According to ESPN.com looks like Ryder may be resigned for less money and also a Kaberle deal is not out of the question

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i'd love to see Pitkanen for a start. I'm not in favor of Ryder or Kaberle, unless Peter wants some trading fill-ins. First sign Marchand before any offers push the $ up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

Bye bye Kaberle.

Hello James Wisniewski, I think he'd be great on the B's blue line.

What does anyone think of going for Jagr for a one year trial run?

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/18/jagr-eying-n-h-l-return/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

If the Flyers panic for goaltending and overpay for Bryzglvahdhkl....whatever....I'd like to see the Bruins make a run at Ville Leino. Lots of speed, good puck handler, great shot, gritty player....would pair nicely w/Peverly and Kelly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't want them to sign any except what they have.  I am not opposed to James Wisniewski instead of Kaberle though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

18-46-17
    49-37-63
    23-19-38
    20-11-22

44-33
    21-55
    54-47

Outside of Marchand, these are the guys they have under contract.  If you're going to talk about bringing someone in, remember to talk about who you're going to send packing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from horton18. Show horton18's posts

carcillo hahahaa yeah righ... sign ryder and see what kabs wants and its too much dump him... guys dont forget ryder had 17 points in the playoffs I know he didnt live up to his expections on scoring 30 but the guy is a montreal killer and awesome in the playoffs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston:
    18-46-17 49-37-63 23-19-38 20-11-22 44-33 21-55 54-47 Outside of Marchand, these are the guys they have under contract.  If you're going to talk about bringing someone in, remember to talk about who you're going to send packing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I like this line up, it works for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

18-46-17 49-37-63 23-19-38 20-11-22 44-33 21-55 54-47 Outside of Marchand, these are the guys they have under contract.  If you're going to talk about bringing someone in, remember to talk about who you're going to send packing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

We must add to the lineup.  Bringing in new bodies is always a fact of life even for cup winners. 
    Kampfer isnt a lock.  I would add Pitkanen.  Depth on the backend is never a bad thing and we will carry more that 12 fwds and 6 dmen. 
    No to Ryder and Kaberle.
    Yes to Laich and Pitkanen.  38-47 are our extra players. 
    PROS
    I have no problem with your lineup and believe we can save cap space and add at the deadline.  We would be in an excellent posoition to stand pat and wait and add a big name at the deadline.
    CONS
    Over paying at the deadline.  I personally would rather add them now and have them with the team for the year.  38-47 will get their playing time.  But adding a solid 2 way fwd in Laich and a Dman like Pitkanen would make this team a strong favorite to make it back to the dance. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

I had always thought that they should have acquired Wisniewski and Brewer over the last year....would have cost them less than it did to get that wuss from Toronto...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : We must add to the lineup.  Bringing in new bodies is always a fact of life even for cup winners.  Kampfer isnt a lock.  I would add Pitkanen.  Depth on the backend is never a bad thing and we will carry more that 12 fwds and 6 dmen.  No to Ryder and Kaberle. Yes to Laich and Pitkanen.  38-47 are our extra players.  PROS I have no problem with your lineup and believe we can save cap space and add at the deadline.  We would be in an excellent posoition to stand pat and wait and add a big name at the deadline. CONS Over paying at the deadline.  I personally would rather add them now and have them with the team for the year.  38-47 will get their playing time.  But adding a solid 2 way fwd in Laich and a Dman like Pitkanen would make this team a strong favorite to make it back to the dance. 
    Posted by shuperman

I like your idea Shupe. Laich has alot of Bergeron in him and Pitkanen would help turn the PP around. But the real question is who do you put with Seguin? You could put him with Kelly and Peverley, but I think we need to surround him with talent. Maybe put him with Bergeron and Marchand. Both of those guys will be able to get him the puck and Bergeron can help teach Seguin alot of the defensive responsibilities. Maybe sign Laich and put him on the third line with Kelly and Peverley. That'd be a great two-way line with a little more scoring touch than one might think. Plus, Laich can play point on the second PP unit if needed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Jagr?....

no way....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I say leave the line up as is.  It makes no sense to me to pay Laich and Pitkanen 8 million and being in cap trouble when they have to re-sign Krejci next year and Lucic, Horton and Seguin the year after.  Caron takes Recchi's spot and Kampfer takes Kaberle's spot.  If they need to improve at the deadline they would have a ton of room to do so.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Blake Wheeler ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Jagr?.... no way....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Especially if he's still an enigma! Which I don't think will go away with this guy. Without Lemieux this guy woouldn't have ANY cups. Everything has to be about him. If it's not; he sulks; when he sulks he's useless which is more often than not.
    I know I'm pipe dreamin; but I's love to see the B's get Weber! But; I'd settle for a Mark Striet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I say leave the line up as is.  It makes no sense to me to pay Laich and Pitkanen 8 million and being in cap trouble when they have to re-sign Krejci next year and Lucic, Horton and Seguin the year after.  Caron takes Recchi's spot and Kampfer takes Kaberle's spot.  If they need to improve at the deadline they would have a ton of room to do so.
    Posted by derrickmorin

Great point here.  Just because there is cap room today, it doesn't mean there will be cap room tomorrow.  After next season, there will be many contract that need to be redone or replaced.  Signing this guy or that guy to three year deals and then losing Peverley, Kelly, Krejci etc because of cap considerations is not my idea of decent foward thinking.

Improving the #4 defenseman by 15% and losing a top six forward the following year isn't something I'd support.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : We must add to the lineup.  Bringing in new bodies is always a fact of life even for cup winners. Posted by shuperman

Yes.  You are never standing still, you are either moving forward to backward. 
    I trust PC to bring in a piece or two that fit. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : I like your idea Shupe. Laich has alot of Bergeron in him and Pitkanen would help turn the PP around. But the real question is who do you put with Seguin? You could put him with Kelly and Peverley, but I think we need to surround him with talent. Maybe put him with Bergeron and Marchand. Both of those guys will be able to get him the puck and Bergeron can help teach Seguin alot of the defensive responsibilities. Maybe sign Laich and put him on the third line with Kelly and Peverley. That'd be a great two-way line with a little more scoring touch than one might think. Plus, Laich can play point on the second PP unit if needed.
    Posted by beantowngm15

Seguin and Marchand had some good things going in the playoffs.  He would slide up to the 2nd line.  Kelly/Peverly/Laich form the best 3rd line in hockey.  4th line stands pat.
    As NAS pointed out we should consider yrs to come.  I can live with our d-core as it is. But we need an extra fwd.  Adding a dman at the deadline is doable.  Let Kampfer be our 6th dman and hopefully he becomes our answer for the PP

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : Especially if he's still an enigma! Which I don't think will go away with this guy. Without Lemieux this guy woouldn't have ANY cups. Everything has to be about him. If it's not; he sulks; when he sulks he's useless which is more often than not. I know I'm pipe dreamin; but I's love to see the B's get Weber! But; I'd settle for a Mark Striet.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Jagr sounds like he'd make a good hab.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I would love to add Wisniewski! I am not opposed to keeping Kaberle or Ryder for the right price. Could live with Pitkanen and/or Laich but I don't think the price is right there. No to Jagr.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

I think you will just see them, resign marchand and head into the trade deadline with 8mil and re-evaluate themselves there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Wiz would be great, brings that puck mover aspect without being softer than marshmellows.  Yandle would be my pipe dream if we could pull off some sort of trade with #9.

I like this team alot too, not many changes needed, but I will say, I think people are riding a little too high and overlooking the fact that if TT retires at the end of his next contract, we will need to be vastly imroved at forward and D.  TT is part of our team so I dont want this to sound like something it is not, but if he wasn't here, we aren't anywhere close to having parades. 

So 2 plus years from now I think we need to improve forward and d, but for now, wisnewski would be a great add.  Maybe an offensive forward to take savvys spot on PP, and potentially play w seguin/kelly?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

PC has all ready stated, he's only going to do a tweak on the roster. The question remains, what's a tweak ? I don't see PC doing much in the Free Agent pool. We have some talent to look at and give some evaluation to, because if some of these kids (Arneil, Caron, etc) aren't going to make the grade, he'll have to move them along by either trade or letting their contracts expire, which, for some of these first round picks, dosen't sound too wise.

I don't want to see no free agent signings. We have plenty of talent right here.

Sections
Shortcuts