What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston:
    PC has all ready stated, he's only going to do a tweak on the roster. The question remains, what's a tweak ? I don't see PC doing much in the Free Agent pool. We have some talent to look at and give some evaluation to, because if some of these kids (Arneil, Caron, etc) aren't going to make the grade, he'll have to move them along by either trade or letting their contracts expire, which, for some of these first round picks, dosen't sound too wise. I don't want to see no free agent signings. We have plenty of talent right here.
    Posted by Stuke50

if he is gonna tweak he likely should make it on the backend. one top 4 dmen.  there are good guys he can add.  i can see the fwd line staying similar.  i will dislike a ryder extension a lot. and i mean a lot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Like the idea of adding a veteran d-man in Kaberle's spot: Kaberle, Brewer, Pitkanen, Bieksa or Ian White

Also like the idea of adding a veteran forward; Laich, Cole, Gagne, Jussi Jokinen.

Don't break the bank in either spot, leave yourself with some Cap flexibility if you need.  Don't be surprised if the B's are an attractive FA destination this off-season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : if he is gonna tweak he likely should make it on the backend. one top 4 dmen.  there are good guys he can add.  i can see the fwd line staying similar.  i will dislike a ryder extension a lot. and i mean a lot
    Posted by shuperman

Three posts in this thread by you and no Raffi recommendation?  Patiently waiting...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Like the idea of adding a veteran d-man in Kaberle's spot: Kaberle, Brewer, Pitkanen, Bieksa or Ian White Also like the idea of adding a veteran forward; Laich, Cole, Gagne, Jussi Jokinen. Don't break the bank in either spot, leave yourself with some Cap flexibility if you need.  Don't be surprised if the B's are an attractive FA destination this off-season.
    Posted by Crowls2424

winning does that and players see the team unity.  i don't see guys turning down more dollars...but if its close i would say the bruins will have many guys checking them out.  Brewer would be ideal for many reasons.  he is a shut down guy who also can anchor a pp.  no other guy out there is available that can do that.  he is also a former team captain(never have enough leaders).  injuries scare me, but bieksa is injury prone as well. pitkanen wouldnt be bad but if the price is similar give me brewer. 
    cole is an excellent thought as well.  he would fit perfectly into this lineup.  i really like laich but he is gonna get a whopper of a contract.  cole might take a 1 year deal. 
    brewer on a 3-4 yr deal. 
    cole on a one year deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If you're looking for someone to replace either Rex or Ryder, what about Alex Tanguay? A UFA that's likely doable on a contract of similar size to Ryder's, if not less. 69 points this season. Could be a piece that makes our scoring depth even greater. Fit him alongside Marchand and Bergy?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : Three posts in this thread by you and no Raffi recommendation?  Patiently waiting...
    Posted by Crowls2424

I think Torres was exposed to all of us in the Final.  You know, a baby step above Shawn Thornton, checking better, fighting worse...all around below average.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

If you're looking for someone to replace either Rex or Ryder, what about Alex Tanguay? A UFA that's likely doable on a contract of similar size to Ryder's, 69 points this season. Could be a piece tht mkes our scoring depth even greater.
    Posted by red75

I'll strongly pass on Tanguay.  Your new franchise can sign him and skate him with Wheeler to make 2/3 of the softest line in the NHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : I'll strongly pass on Tanguay.  Your new franchise can sign him and skate him with Wheeler to make 2/3 of the softest line in the NHL.
    Posted by Crowls2424

And the Thramooets fans can go hoarse yelling, "Shoot!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : Three posts in this thread by you and no Raffi recommendation?  Patiently waiting...
    Posted by Crowls2424

Of course I would love for them to add a 3rd line winger who hits every shift, scores gwg in stanley cup finals, sets up the game winner and basically played better than the stars on his team.  he lived up to his end of the bargain of being a role line player who chips in and creates havoc.  The top two lines didnt live up to their end.
    As NAS pointed out. He is an average player at best.  But at a million a year I like him over a lot of our fwds.  He will never land anything more than a one year deal the rest of his career. 
    Is there any player on another team that you like?  Its easy to like the stars.  I personally like the way way Torres plays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : Of course I would love for them to add a 3rd line winger who hits every shift, scores gwg in stanley cup finals, sets up the game winner and basically played better than the stars on his team.  he lived up to his end of the bargain of being a role line player who chips in and creates havoc.  The top two lines didnt live up to their end. As NAS pointed out. He is an average player at best.  But at a million a year I like him over a lot of our fwds.  He will never land anything more than a one year deal the rest of his career.  Is there any player on another team that you like?  Its easy to like the stars.  I personally like the way way Torres plays.
    Posted by shuperman

Just busting your grapes shupe, since you were posting about how he would be a Bruin next next year.  I've been with you on Raffi, I was for picking him up 2 years ago at the deadline.  That said, hard to see how he would fit in next year with the B's, 3rd-line wing, really not talented enough.  I would prefer to see him in a 4th-line role, but since Paille-Campbell-Thornton come back in tact, he is an unlikely signing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i agree the B'S should at least add one second tier d-man like a Pitkanen, Wisniewski or White but what usually happens when July 1 comes around is gms lose their sense of reason and start overpaying for fa's, especially d-men, thus pricing players you might've had your eye on out of your salary structure....

somehow i don't see PC being one of those gms....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : Just busting your grapes shupe, since you were posting about how he would be a Bruin next next year.  I've been with you on Raffi, I was for picking him up 2 years ago at the deadline.  That said, hard to see how he would fit in next year with the B's, 3rd-line wing, really not talented enough.  I would prefer to see him in a 4th-line role, but since Paille-Campbell-Thornton come back in tact, he is an unlikely signing.
    Posted by Crowls2424

no worries dude, Torres doesnt have a spot in that lineup the way its constructed.  i could see him in a similar role that cole would have on this team and would be a lot cheaper.  meaning seguin to the 2nd line(which I think is likely).  Would i like Torres.  Yes!
    You gotta admit he did play pretty good for them in the finals.  He didnt go el-cheap-o in the one sided games in boston.  he finishes his hits, kills pims, pops the occasional goal and brings lots of energy.
    Whoever he signs with i say he will out score Kelly/Thorton/Campy/Paille.  And for a million bucks he is worth that.
    BUT- its very unlikely. 
    I don't mind busting grapes every now and then.
    I had a fantastic weekend.
    Eddie Vedder concert thursday, Sox game, Bruins parade.  I even navigated myself outta Boston back to Nova Scotia without a hiccup.
    cheers buddy.  This summer has started off amazing.  Can't wait till next year.  And on that note.  Torres Part II can start in October.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : if he is gonna tweak he likely should make it on the backend. one top 4 dmen.  there are good guys he can add.  i can see the fwd line staying similar.  i will dislike a ryder extension a lot. and i mean a lot
    Posted by shuperman

I've said it before, he plays just well enough to keep him in the lineup...sometimes just barely..CJ did give Ryder a look see from the press box not long befoe the playoffs started....he didn't get that nick name Glyder Ryder for nothing...that being said, he sure was a different player in the playoffs...I would take him back, but for half of what he made, maybe.

I'm pretty happy with our back end. I would like to see Kampfer be a regular. Will Bartkoski be an NYL Dman ? I don't know. Time will tell. What about that young Russian we got in the Wheeler/ Perverly/Stuart deal ? He's suppposed to be NHL qualitly. How about our #8 draft pick coming up. Who out of the top 10 draft picks this year will be NHL ready ?

Lot's of questions, but thankfully the Bruins don't need to run to the free agent pool to stock up our cupboards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : I've said it before, he plays just well enough to keep him in the lineup...sometimes just barely..CJ did give Ryder a look see from the press box not long befoe the playoffs started....he didn't get that nick name Glyder Ryder for nothing...that being said, he sure was a different player in the playoffs...I would take him back, but for half of what he made, maybe. I'm pretty happy with our back end. I would like to see Kampfer be a regular. Will Bartkoski be an NYL Dman ? I don't know. Time will tell. What about that young Russian we got in the Wheeler/ Perverly/Stuart deal ? He's suppposed to be NHL qualitly. How about our #8 draft pick coming up. Who out of the top 10 draft picks this year will be NHL ready ? Lot's of questions, but thankfully the Bruins don't need to run to the free agent pool to stock up our cupboards.
    Posted by Stuke50

I don't mind our backend.  Pretty steady but Chara logs a lot of miles and really needs a running mate.  We took full advantage of a great situation this year.  Pitt if healthy would have been extremely hard to beat.   So lets just assume that Pitt is 100% next year.  Very scarey especially if they add anything to play with Malkin/Sid and Staal. I figure Staal proved he can be a perfect #2.  Meaning Malkin and Crosby and Neal could form a number one line.  Regardless they are gonna be very good.  Buffalo is getting better, Philly will be better and so will Washington.  I see a drop off in Tampa and Montreal. 
    So in conclusion:  You can never have enough solid dmen and the fact if Chara ever goes down we are in deep trouble.  I say add a Brewer who can eat some of Z's minutes and provide a PP boost.  He is the ideal pickup of anyone available.  I can live with our fwd core and then add a piece at the deadline.
    Ryder on a 1.5 million one year deal.  Yup.  No more.  Lots of spare parts out there like a Chad Larose who would be ideal on the 3rd line.

we need to give Chara some help. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : no worries dude, Torres doesnt have a spot in that lineup the way its constructed.  i could see him in a similar role that cole would have on this team and would be a lot cheaper.  meaning seguin to the 2nd line(which I think is likely).  Would i like Torres.  Yes! You gotta admit he did play pretty good for them in the finals.  He didnt go el-cheap-o in the one sided games in boston.  he finishes his hits, kills pims, pops the occasional goal and brings lots of energy. Whoever he signs with i say he will out score Kelly/Thorton/Campy/Paille.  And for a million bucks he is worth that. BUT- its very unlikely.  I don't mind busting grapes every now and then. I had a fantastic weekend. Eddie Vedder concert thursday, Sox game, Bruins parade.  I even navigated myself outta Boston back to Nova Scotia without a hiccup. cheers buddy.  This summer has started off amazing.  Can't wait till next year.  And on that note.  Torres Part II can start in October.
    Posted by shuperman

I am so very jealous of you right now. Pearl Jam is one of the best bands I've ever heard, and I really like Vedder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I would love to add Wisniewski! I am not opposed to keeping Kaberle or Ryder for the right price. Could live with Pitkanen and/or Laich but I don't think the price is right there. No to Jagr.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

The only issue I may have with Wisniewski is the diving/selling calls thing. I hated that about him in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : I am so very jealous of you right now. Pearl Jam is one of the best bands I've ever heard, and I really like Vedder.
    Posted by beantowngm15

Eddie played at the Wang Theatre of Arts.  Under 3000, his voice in that building was simply amazing.  I have seen PJ lots over the yrs.  This was by far the best show I have seen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

I would prefer that they sign (extend) Brad Marchand and extend David Krejci before they sign anyone else.

I would also prefer to resign Ryder and Kaberle for short years/dollars.  If they are not willing to accept below market deals, then I like the Pitkanen potential signing.  The problem is that he is the top UFA defencemen on the market and might command up to 5 million per year.  At 5 million per year, I will pass on Pitkanen.

I would like to make a trade for Bogosian or Yandle and add a young, top four defenceman, but the top priority would be signing Marchand and Krejci.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Brooks Laich. Without any question. He can play the point on the PP, and is a terrific asset on the PK as well. He's got size (6'2/220), speed, above average shot, and tremendous vision. He is strong defensively and has some Bergy in his game. He's a VERY good fit for the Bruins, as he fits their style and can play both Centre and Right Wing equally well.

Here are the offers I would give him:
    5YRS/18M($3.6M/YR)
    6YRS/20M($3.33M/YR)

I want him, BADLY. Please, PC, if he is available on July 1st, make an effort to sign him!

Another player I wouldn't mind seeing (but at a much lesser extent than Laich) is Jussi Jokinen (provided the numbers being thrown at him aren't outrageous).

Another guy worth a look, and notice I say "a look," is Erik Cole. He's a solid 25-30 goal scorer when healthy, but I must admit that his injury issues the last few years (not this past year) cause for some pause.

In terms of a puckmover, Joni Pitkanen. Wisniewski(sp?) no doubt had a good year, but I'm a bit skeptical given the fact that he hasn't been a PP-type QB/heavy offensive defensemen for a consistent basis (really only this past year).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would move Kelly out then waive good bye to Ryder combined with getting an additional 2Mil onto the cap PC should do what he can to get Pitkanen he's 27 Rutherford has already said publicly that Joni isn't coming back to Carolina.

As far as next summer 21Mil (with probably another 2Mil rise in the cap) to get Rask, Krejci, Campbell, Paille, Marchand, McQuaid signed. I left Boychuk and Kelly out because I could see them being cap casualties. The only real expensive ones are Krejci and Rask the rest won't get huge raises except the worst rapper to ever come out of the Q should get a hefty raise this summer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would move Kelly out then waive good bye to Ryder combined with getting an additional 2Mil onto the cap PC should do what he can to get Pitkanen he's 27 Rutherford has already said publicly that Joni isn't coming back to Carolina. As far as next summer 21Mil (with probably another 2Mil rise in the cap) to get Rask, Krejci, Campbell, Paille, Marchand, McQuaid signed. I left Boychuk and Kelly out because I could see them being cap casualties. The only real expensive ones are Krejci and Rask the rest won't get huge raises except the worst rapper to ever come out of the Q should get a hefty raise this summer.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I agree with Ryder, but why no love for Kelly.  I thought he was excellent for us and played an mvp type role in the 1st round.  He is a perfect 3rd line center unless part of your plan is to play Campy there(which i can live with)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Seguin hasn't acclimated to his natural position by mid season he is behind in his NHL development. If you had read my posts Shup, which i've asked you to do before, you would see that I said Kelly might be a cap casualty. I did not mention that I didn't like Chris.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: What free agent would you most like to see come to Boston : Eddie played at the Wang Theatre of Arts.  Under 3000, his voice in that building was simply amazing.  I have seen PJ lots over the yrs.  This was by far the best show I have seen.
    Posted by shuperman

I've never been to a Pearl Jam show, but I did make it to see Roger Waters playing The Wall Live at the Gahden back in October. That was an amazing show, something I'll never forget.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i did read the cap cas. remark but you didnt really indicate how.  are you suggesting a buyout or via trade?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If Seguin hasn't acclimated to his natural position by mid season he is behind in his NHL development. If you had read my posts Shup, which i've asked you to do before, you would see that I said Kelly might be a cap casualty . I did not mention that I didn't like Chris.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

do you take every post as a personal attack.  lighten up a bit

Sections
Shortcuts