What happened to Krejci ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

What happened to Krejci ?

I knew he did poorly in playoffs but never realized he had only 4 assists in 12 games.  Weren't a couple of them empty netters too?  What could be the reason for such a poor playoff performance. Too tired from long previous season and Olympics?  Next season due for a big contract.  Any concern he's burnt out or is this my usual crazy thinking?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: What happened to Krejci ?

Usual crazy thinking sounds about right.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Lots of players hit ten game rough patches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Usual crazy thinking sounds about right.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's crazy thinking. 2 assists in 7 games against your main rival. Maybe even on empty netters.  Now your downgrading from Iggy to Loui.  Every1 seems to believe it was just a fluke. Not saying it wasn't but the B's brass sure has to be wondering how D.K. Got completely shut down. Now who's gonna come on here and dispute he was completely shut down.  I await !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it's after the fact but when you think about  it wouldn't you think if a player was going through such a bad stretch a change of line mates might help?  Claude went 7 straight games with a line doing zip and never once considered giving them a wake up call. The Kings players knew that at any time if they didn't perform they could get bumped to 4th line. The B's top 2 lines could stink the place up and they weren't going anywhere. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it's after the fact but when you think about  it wouldn't you think if a player was going through such a bad stretch a change of line mates might help?  Claude went 7 straight games with a line doing zip and never once considered giving them a wake up call. The Kings players knew that at any time if they didn't perform they could get bumped to 4th line. The B's top 2 lines could stink the place up and they weren't going anywhere. 

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so Chiarelli, Julien, Eriksson, Marchand & Krejci.  Anyone I am missing or anyone else you planning to b*tch about?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

How did Crosby due against Boston in last years' playoffs?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right. Should have put krejci on the 9th floor and given spooner 20 minutes. Brilliant. Remind me, because I'm sure you watched all the kings games, when they went down 0-3 was kopitar put on the fourth line? Was doughty put on the third pairing? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so Chiarelli, Julien, Eriksson, Marchand & Krejci.  Anyone I am missing or anyone else you planning to b*tch about?

[/QUOTE]

I gotta find another one to make up for losing Iggy..  Maybe Lucic next.. Listen if you don't like my posts just hit the ignore button and poof I'm gone.  It's not difficult...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right. Should have put krejci on the 9th floor and given spooner 20 minutes. Brilliant. Remind me, because I'm sure you watched all the kings games, when they went down 0-3 was kopitar put on the fourth line? Was doughty put on the third pairing? 

[/QUOTE]

So all the players on the top two lines can never be moved. It would be crazy to even think about it. Soder must stay put on 3rd line no matter what D.K. Does....What about Loui? He can't get a whirl on 2nd line as Marchand does zip?  You don't think Loui could handle 2nd line duty last year but will now be great on the first line.. And who ever said anything about spooner???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He had a bad playoff after being the LEADING SCORER IN 2 OTHER PLAYOFF YEARS...LEADING SCORER IN THE ENTIRE NHL PLAYOFFS....what happened to Krejci? Nothing. He's fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So all the players on the top two lines can never be moved. It would be crazy to even think about it. Soder must stay put on 3rd line no matter what D.K. Does....What about Loui? He can't get a whirl on 2nd line as Marchand does zip?  You don't think Loui could handle 2nd line duty last year but will now be great on the first line.. And who ever said anything about spooner???

[/QUOTE]

Maybe CJ was fatigued from the previous season and the Olympics?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seriously, Lex, how do you know Krejci was "shut down" if you only now registered that he only had 2 points vs. the Scabs and 4 for the playoffs?  Doesn't sound like you could possibly have been watching the games since it was discussed endlessly.  Krejci generated a number of chances.  If the people he set up for grade A scoring opportunities had hit the net, he'd have had a point a game.  He can't shoot it for them.  He also worked his way through the Scab defense multiple times and had his own shot, but either had a defender get a stick on the puck at the last second or missed the net or got robbed...though yes, occasionally the problem was that he put the puck into the middle of the C.

As for line juggling - have you watched the Bruins for the CJ era?  Does he ever line juggle?  The only time I recall him doing the kind of juggling you describe is when he moved Seguin to the third line because a) he was being completely ineffectual on the ice and b) he was showing up soaked in beer for playoff games.  Krejci was playing hard and making plays that weren't turning into goals.  CJ's mantra is stability, continuity, persistence.  Partly because if you move Eriksson and Soderberg up in the lineup, you would mess with the one line that had any chemistry going whatsoever and have three lines struggling.

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Obviously he did not have a stellar playoff with regard to point production by his own standards. I think there is an element of truth to his line mates not burying the chances he creates and perhaps some fatigue considering his icetime was increased as he took on more responsibilities (like more pk time) and the fact it was an olympic year as well.

Or maybe it is his cycle of one terrific playoff then one lack luster...etc.

But to single him out is ridiculous. The whole team underachieved. The Bruins win as a team and lose as a team and that mantra was on perfect display in 2013-14 as a whole.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

I knew he did poorly in playoffs but never realized he had only 4 assists in 12 games.  Weren't a couple of them empty netters too?  What could be the reason for such a poor playoff performance. Too tired from long previous season and Olympics?  Next season due for a big contract.  Any concern he's burnt out or is this my usual crazy thinking?  

[/QUOTE]

So you asked a question but dismiss these replies as incorrect.

1) usual crazy thinking 

2) tough 10 game stretch

Is the right answer that you're looking for..................Krejci at 28 years old was burnt out and too tired ?

My reply to your way of thinking:

Krejci at 28 years old is burnt out and too tired

Usual crazy thinking..........tight playoff hockey brings those kind of results.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obviously he did not have a stellar playoff with regard to point production by his own standards. I think there is an element of truth to his line mates not burying the chances he creates and perhaps some fatigue considering his icetime was increased as he took on more responsibilities (like more pk time) and the fact it was an olympic year as well.

Or maybe it is his cycle of one terrific playoff then one lack luster...etc.

But to single him out is ridiculous. The whole team underachieved. The Bruins win as a team and lose as a team and that mantra was on perfect display in 2013-14 as a whole.

[/QUOTE]

It was a total opposite of how he usually performs in playoffs. Just asked what happened to him. Did not single him out as sole player responsible for the playoff loss. Really comical because I like D.K. Seems to be 100% that nothing was wrong with him other than a bad stretch . Only way to find out if it was a bad stretch , exhausted or bad matchup against Habs is if the faceoff in playoffs again next year. Hopefully they do.   Do you feel better about their chances with the supposed new 1st line next season??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Lex if you're going to tell people that don't like you to put you on ignore, you're going to find conversation difficult. Instead, let's not start threads on subjects that have been beat to death. He didn't play well for 10 games. No, cj wouldn't make drastic lineup changes because he's good at what he does. End of story

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

any Bruin fan that questions Krejci is an absolute moron. Im so sick of these types of fans. Shut up and appreciate the great things he has done for this franchise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

It was a total opposite of how he usually performs in playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

This is not entirely accurate. His 2012 playoff was underwhelming as well, especially after he lead the league in playoff points the year before.

If the pattern holds he will have a killer playoff in 2015.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:
    [QUOTE]

any Bruin fan that questions Krejci is an absolute moron. Im so sick of these types of fans. Shut up and appreciate the great things he has done for this franchise.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a bad thing to question Krejci.  He's 50% awesome, 50% ghostly in the past four years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And while I would agree that it sure would be nicer if he was 100% and 0% ghost, I would much rather the 50/50 split and stark black and white contrast than "pretty good every year."  Moneyball has made me a complete to the exact opposite of the moneyball principles.  Consistency is the hobgoblin of first round exits, especially in the Cap era.

What you need to win - and the Kings are as good an example as the Bruins - is a group of players who have the potential to play all-world hockey at the right time.  Players who play all world all the time are unicorns - they don't exist.  Players who can play all world, at the right time, most of the time, are rare, very very rare - like a marco post without a typo.  Because they're rare, the generally get paid $7M+.

Then there's a class of player that's hard to identify, so hard to acquire and sometimes hard to appreciate.  These are the players who seem to have a strange ability to play as well or better than the best in the world for a long stretch, though their overall game seems to then balance out as "pretty good."  There are a few of these guys on the current roster who fit this description based on things the did at various points in their careers.  Lucic.  Marchand.  Bergeron.  And Krejci.  Krug might be another if you give it another few years.  If any of these guys played that "unconscious" level of hockey every day, or most days, they would never be able to stay on the same team - no one could afford them.  But as long as the possibility remains for these guys to absolutely impose themselves on a series, the Bruins will be just fine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And while I would agree that it sure would be nicer if he was 100% and 0% ghost, I would much rather the 50/50 split and stark black and white contrast than "pretty good every year."  Moneyball has made me a complete to the exact opposite of the moneyball principles.  Consistency is the hobgoblin of first round exits, especially in the Cap era.

What you need to win - and the Kings are as good an example as the Bruins - is a group of players who have the potential to play all-world hockey at the right time.  Players who play all world all the time are unicorns - they don't exist.  Players who can play all world, at the right time, most of the time, are rare, very very rare - like a marco post without a typo.  Because they're rare, the generally get paid $7M+.

Then there's a class of player that's hard to identify, so hard to acquire and sometimes hard to appreciate.  These are the players who seem to have a strange ability to play as well or better than the best in the world for a long stretch, though their overall game seems to then balance out as "pretty good."  There are a few of these guys on the current roster who fit this description based on things the did at various points in their careers.  Lucic.  Marchand.  Bergeron.  And Krejci.  Krug might be another if you give it another few years.  If any of these guys played that "unconscious" level of hockey every day, or most days, they would never be able to stay on the same team - no one could afford them.  But as long as the possibility remains for these guys to absolutely impose themselves on a series, the Bruins will be just fine.

[/QUOTE]

Very interesting and well put

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Krejci lead the league in points in the '10/'11 playoffs.  He had one point in seven games against the Canadiens that year.  Is it playstyle?  Defenders?  Price?  I don't know, but it does seem he struggles against the most recent incarnations of the Canadiens.  At least during the playoffs.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dacamster. Show dacamster's posts

Krejci ,ghost last 4 years..how ?... He was due for a dismal playoff . You had to know it would happen sooner or later .... just hoping it doesn't persist.