What happens after the worst game of the season...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What happens after the worst game of the season...?

That's what I'm wondering.  I honestly don't remember the Bruins playing that bad all season long.  That was Canadiens hockey from beginning to end, with hardly anything that resembles Bruins hockey.

Chara was awful.  Rask had a strong start and then faltered.  The offensive was...shy.  They looked afraid to hit.  The Pacioretty goal looked like something from a stick and puck session.  There was no real fight in them.  It was just depressing.

But, this team has shown the ability to bounce back and the ability to respond when cornered.  Obviously they can't do what they did against the Leafs in Game 7 again.  They need a strong start.

I'll admit I'm a little shaken by last night, but I also have confidence that this team won't go down that way.  They are the better team.  They should win.  I almost wanted the Canadiens to rub it in last night, which they did.  Good Markov, poke the f#@k*# bear.  Poke him good.

Unlike vs. Chicago, I remain less impressed by the ability of the opponent, but more impressed by their ability to make the B's play badly.  It's crazy.  Last night was a self-destruction.

The Bruins seem to have a lot of pride and they respond to being called out.  Well, they've been called out.

It's gut-check time, in every way possible.  Can't believe we have to wait until Wednesday.

Still betting on black and gold.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: What happens after the worst game of the season...?

I totally agree that chara had his worse game along with a few others. The crowd in mtl was the canadiens inspiration to give them what they wanted and thats a win in what could be there final game in MTL. The hockey gods were with them. Statements from Krecji seemed to backfire. I felt like this was a throw it away game, only sodervergs line showed some energy, bergeron s also. The 4th line looked slow.  MTL exposed the bruins weakness in this game using there speed once again, if you dont hit and slow them down there gonna skate right over you. There were way too many penalties let go, MTL is good at the little trips, holding and interference calls.

Rask has a history of bouncing back big as do the Bs. Now lets hope the bruins fans inspire this team and bring them bak out of hibernation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

That's what I'm wondering.  I honestly don't remember the Bruins playing that bad all season long.  That was Canadiens hockey from beginning to end, with hardly anything that resembles Bruins hockey.

Chara was awful.  Rask had a strong start and then faltered.  The offensive was...shy.  They looked afraid to hit.  The Pacioretty goal looked like something from a stick and puck session.  There was no real fight in them.  It was just depressing.

But, this team has shown the ability to bounce back and the ability to respond when cornered.  Obviously they can't do what they did against the Leafs in Game 7 again.  They need a strong start.

I'll admit I'm a little shaken by last night, but I also have confidence that this team won't go down that way.  They are the better team.  They should win.  I almost wanted the Canadiens to rub it in last night, which they did.  Good Markov, poke the f#@k*# bear.  Poke him good.

Unlike vs. Chicago, I remain less impressed by the ability of the opponent, but more impressed by their ability to make the B's play badly.  It's crazy.  Last night was a self-destruction.

The Bruins seem to have a lot of pride and they respond to being called out.  Well, they've been called out.

It's gut-check time, in every way possible.  Can't believe we have to wait until Wednesday.

Until the beginning of these series I was a believer that the BRUINS have pride ...until the nanagement makes the proper decisions I stopped believing  in pride...like Ive said iit before many times I will not post on this board next season if the worst player in the NHL is still on our team next season...not only I will not post...I will not watch a single game as long as slowmoe turtle is on the team's roster....and in addition if ST is not benched next game I will not watch game 7

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

MTL exposed the bruins weakness in this game using there speed once again, if you dont hit and slow them down there gonna skate right over you. .

You can strategically 5 place pylons on the ice and take care of the montreal speed.  The problem last night was Boston was constantly out of position to make a hit or to take care of Montreal's speed.  Bruins were rattled and not thinking straight.

Bottom line is the Bruins best players have to be the best players and so far most of them are not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Until the beginning of these series I was a believer that the BRUINS have pride ...until the nanagement makes the proper decisions I stopped believing  in pride...like Ive said iit before many times I will not post on this board next season if the worst player in the NHL is still on our team next season...not only I will not post...I will not watch a single game as long as slowmoe turtle is on the team's roster....and in addition if ST is not benched next game I will not watch game 7

I think it's time for you to shut up.

Nobody cares about your predictions.  We're sick of reading your childish opinions.  You quit on this team last year too, against the Maple Leafs.  Just become a Habs fan.  You're better suited for their sensibilities.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Some of the passing was so bizarre to me, especially after things seemed so crisp in Game 5.  

That one sequence on the powerplay was almost unbearable -- when Iginla, Krejci and someone (?) were at the halfboards in their own zone and made about a dozen 2-foot dink passes back and forth until Eller (predictably) took the puck.  Nobody moving their feet, carrying the puck, or looking to make a creative outlet pass.

Chara was reversing pucks in the d-zone with nobody there on the other side.  Miller and Krug obviously had major struggles clearing the zone.  It was just strange.

Krejci had some great chances to shoot (and he did a few times), but he forced a few passes when I think he would be better putting it on net.

I'm not sure it was a lack of effort so much, but everyone just seemed off, and nobody appeared to really want to make plays or challenge Montreal defenders.

On the bright side, I thought Iginla looked good.  Lots of fire in his game.  Rask was spectacular in the 1st, before things fell apart.  Lucic's hit on Emelin looked very, very painful.  Hamilton continues to look good.  And everyone looked pissed off when they left the ice, amid the beer showers.  I think that pissed off is a good place to be for Game 7.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Some of the passing was so bizarre to me, especially after things seemed so crisp in Game 5.  

That one sequence on the powerplay was almost unbearable -- when Iginla, Krejci and someone (?) were at the halfboards in their own zone and made about a dozen 2-foot dink passes back and forth until Eller (predictably) took the puck.  Nobody moving their feet, carrying the puck, or looking to make a creative outlet pass.

Chara was reversing pucks in the d-zone with nobody there on the other side.  Miller and Krug obviously had major struggles clearing the zone.  It was just strange.

Krejci had some great chances to shoot (and he did a few times), but he forced a few passes when I think he would be better putting it on net.

I'm not sure it was a lack of effort so much, but everyone just seemed off, and nobody appeared to really want to make plays or challenge Montreal defenders.

On the bright side, I thought Iginla looked good.  Lots of fire in his game.  Rask was spectacular in the 1st, before things fell apart.  Lucic's hit on Emelin looked very, very painful.  Hamilton continues to look good.  And everyone looked pissed off when they left the ice, amid the beer showers.  I think that pissed off is a good place to be for Game 7.

I agree with this completely. The Bruins (Lucic in particular) play their best hockey when they are pissed off.  Just have to stay out of the box if they can help it, and play hard.  I think they will win game 7.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

... waiting for the obligatory blaming of the worst game of the season on the guy who played four minutes... THERE IT IS. I'd say third sentence but he doesn't believe in periods.

My childhood buddy called during the game and asked why the 2014 Bruins have to inherit the ability to play breahtakingly bad hockey against the Habs from the Bruins of the past, just like it was 1971. I don't have an answer for this.  They have strengths and weaknesses like any other team, but I thought poise was a plus this year.  The way they come unglued vs Montreal, particularly in Montreal, is disturbing.

Must be a 4 minute guy's fault.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Look around the league and we see most of the series going 6-7 games.  Personally, I think it's awesome. Sweeps are boring.  Five game series are kinda boring.  

Watching guys step up onto the big stage that is Game 7 is a blast.  It separates the men from the boys.  I love it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Look around the league and we see most of the series going 6-7 games.  Personally, I think it's awesome. Sweeps are boring.  Five game series are kinda boring.  

Watching guys step up onto the big stage that is Game 7 is a blast.  It separates the men from the boys.  I love it.

Game 7's are big time games,and big time games are for big time players,the B's have many of them in their lineup and this will show in the Bruins victory on Wednesday night,bring it on,i have game 7 nerves just like anyone else but i am very confident the B's will prevail.Go B's!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Picked the wrong time to quit sniffing glue"

Had to throw in Airplane after the game to keep me from doing a Robert Stack, aka "Flying High!", impression through the Airport.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

And the ghosts of Montreal past appear @ the Molson center. Incredible, but not unexpected. Bruins need to be all business on Wednesday and bring the fire in the belly to their game if they want to see more hockey this season. Oh.....and no more freaking posts hit/open net misses.

I hate game 7's.........especially when it involves the Habs!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Game 7's are big time games,and big time games are for big time players,the B's have many of them in their lineup and this will show in the Bruins victory on Wednesday night,bring it on,i have game 7 nerves just like anyone else but i am very confident the B's will prevail.Go B's!!!

This is exactly the way I see it. Bruins will win game 7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The B's played so badly in game 6, they almost will play better in game 7 just by showing up.
    I have the utmost confidence that if B's play B's hockey (the game 6 performance wasn't even Providence B's standards), then B's move on to next round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

This is exactly the way I see it. Bruins will win game 7.

BsL,is that you twittering away on the 'Scouting the refs" website? If it is, way to go,keep the faith. Which refs were you concerned about?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Michel Therrien is a better coach than I thought.  The smartest thing he's done is to aggressively attack the Bruins' preferred strategies fro controlling possession of the puck: take away the D to D pass in the D zone to set up the breakout.  Pinch on the winger at the half wall and have someone shadowing the support guy who typically takes that little three foot pass on the breakout.  Overload the strong side and force them to go wing to wing.  Overplay the points on the cycle, and try to outman the puck carrier down low. 

The option they're giving the Bruins is to skate with the puck, and Krejci has done it the best along with Eriksson and Soderberg.  The Scabs will give them that on the assumption that they have the speed to back check when the guy skating the puck finds some room to get going.  It's smart given the Scabs' strengths because it's about using their skating to get from spot to spot; their speed on defense has been far more noticeable.

It doesn't work nearly as well when the Bruins lead.  Get the lead.  Nor does it work when the Bruins are playing with that urgency of games 1 and 2 when a 2 goal lead was nothing for them to overcome.  Bring it, Bruins. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Getting the lead seems to change everything in regards to the Scabs style of play,they still block a lot of shots but their game opens up a bit more and the B's seem to get more chances when Montreal falls behind.As far as urgency goes,i don't know how that wavers after game 4 on in a tight series,at that point in time every game is so important and every momentum shift huge that i find it hard to believe the urgency wasn't there for the B's last night,at least after the "movie reviewers" goal,then they seemed deflated and the Scabs could smell blood, but after saying all the right things out of the book of cliche's,they seemed far from urgent,lets hope they really mean it tomorrow .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Agree ..Can't add to that you said it all

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Worst game of the season was the 6-1 loss at Detroit.

B's will make the adjustments and win Game 7.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I like it kel. 

To add to that I will say that I really don't remember two really bad performances in a row from these guys.  They bounce back.

I also don't really remember the B's being beaten by lesser teams when it matters.  I guess you could say Washington a few years ago.  I thought Chicago was so good that their skill was worrisome throughout the series.  Montreal isn't like that.  They're plucky, they're opportunistic, and they're over-achieving.  But that's why they play a 7 game series -- so the cream can rise to the top.  The Bruins are better.  They're built for 7.

And lastly, home ice.  It'll be nice not to have 20,000 reactionary drama queens screaming in the refs ear every time a Hab player hits the deck.

Can't wait.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Disagree.. If the B's win 4 straight every series I will be happier and live longer :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if B'S fail to show up Wednesday after last night's end of game shenanigans from Markov's cheapshot to classless shabs fans throwing garbage at Z-Man & Looch, then PC's going to have to ask some serious questions....  i doubt he'll have to do that though....

as for the crap from shabs fans, wonder if the organization's going to denounce it just like B'S management did racist comments from anonymous fans....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

There was little at stake in that game except 2 points.  Bad comparison.  

To me "worst" game must be defined in its context: 1. Playoffs  2. Chance to close out  3. Avoid a Game 7  4. Build from Game 5  5. Eliminate your biggest rival - none of that happened.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts