What have the Habs done in this series?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

What have the Habs done in this series?

When you break it down, not much. 

There isn't anyone in their lineup that makes me shake in my boots when they have the puck in the offensive zone; their D is average at best; and the jury is still out as to whether Price is ready for prime time.  All good reasons pointing to a B's series victory.

Why do some on here make it seem as if the B's are the underdog in this series?   Just because they had a 2 game losing streak in the playoffs doesn't mean squat, especially considering how consistent they were all season.  They always found a way to bounce back with wins.  

This negativity doesn't make sense to me.  Pitino was right. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Re: What have the Habs done in this series?

I think if the people posting are REAL Bruins fans, and not trolls, they just arent educated hockey fans OR they are the self-loathing type who are used to the Bruins losing in the playoffs, especially to the Habs. 

I dont think the Habs have done anything except take advantage of some key Bruins mistakes.  Games 1 & 2 were won due to 2 factors.  Bruins mistakes on the backend and the Bruins NOT scoring.  Simple as that.  Bruins werent as cute in game 3 and they scored.  Its NOT hard to do against the Habs, who dont score a ton and give up a middle of the road amount of goals.  Point being, the Bruins are a FAR better team on paper.  We know thats not what matters though.  If the Bruins continue to play THEIR game, this series is all theirs.  I just HOPE they show up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hockey Gods is what happened.  Then I spoke to them before game 3 and we won.  See how bounces started going our way (ie 3rd goal). 

The Hockey Gods are giving Brad a second chance. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

After the first two games, my thinking was the Bruins could increase their level of playoff intensity but could the Habs? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

All good points vig...I agree it comes down to playing their own game with a high confidence level (despite CJ!). 

RHO I hadn't looked at it that way but you're right, the B's ceiling is so much higher than Montreal's.  Let's hope they keep pushing.

And shupe, just keep praying to those Gods before every game and it will all work out.  The higher power always delivers if you ask!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: What have the Habs done in this series?:
    [QUOTE]All good points vig...I agree it comes down to playing their own game with a high confidence level (despite CJ!).  RHO I hadn't looked at it that way but you're right, the B's ceiling is so much higher than Montreal's.  Let's hope they keep pushing. And shupe, just keep praying to those Gods before every game and it will all work out.  The higher power always delivers if you ask!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

hang - We've seen how the Bruins usually lose when they appear to be disengaged in the task at hand.  This situation riles us because we've seen them soundly beat teams when their minds are engaged.  They're brutal when they sleep-skate.  Price was a wall in Game 1 but the Habs were the more determined, ambitious club Game 2. 

Last night we saw the Bruins meant business.  When they increase their level of competitiveness, they are hard to handle.  Without that standard, despite the talent on the roster, they seem average at best and not the genuine Cup contender they want to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Except for beat the Bruins twice in their own barn you are right not much, which begs then question what have the Bruins done this series?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

All I know is that one way or another we will know a lot by the end of game 4.  Win and we will steam roll them in the rest of the series
    Lose and get ready to cheer for anyone the Habs play next

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: What have the Habs done in this series?:
    [QUOTE]Except for beat the Bruins twice in their own barn you are right not much, which begs then question what have the Bruins done this series?
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

I know the Habs have won twice in Boston - but thanks for stating the obvious anyways.  The point is that all of Montreal's goals have been handed to them on a silver platter (poor breakout passes & big rebounds in Boston, and a couple seeing-eye five holers in Montreal) rather than with sustained pressure and creative offense.   Until they show they can play that type game against the B's, I'm not worried.  The B's have clearly shown they can keep the pressure on in the offensive zone, but I'll give kudos to Price, he's been pretty good.  The rest of the team doesn't worry me though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

1.  They have found TT's weekness, shoot far post from the outside and rush the net  for a rebound.  (3 goals)

2.  Shut down Krejci so that he cannot make plays.

3.  Put their strongest player in front of their goal and keep Bs from obstructing their goalies view.

4.  Flop whenever possible and try to draw a PP and use special teams to score. 

5.  Foul when necessary because Bs cannot score on the PP.

It worked for 2 games.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Bottom line is I can think of MANY reasons that the B's can come back from that 2-0 hole that they were in and win this series.  They have better players, are stromger, deeper and have the best goalie in the league, to name a few.

If you Scab fans are counting on soft goals to win this series then you're screwed.   B's in 6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

All the pressure is on the Habs tonight.  They lose and they will be booed off the ice.  Bruins need to be patient and just play.  Good things are gonna happen tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The one thing I really like about the next game is that the Habs know they had the B's on the ropes, but now have to go back to Boston.  The B's should be able to take advantage of this mental weakness in Montreal's game and play an even more physical game, reminding them after every hit that the series is going back to Boston.  I know it doesn't sound like much but if the B's get the lead there will be a ton of psychological warfare going on out there, with the B's at an advantage.  Drill those little Scabbies every time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ruins. Clever.

Anyhoo...part of the problem out of the gate was giving Montreal too little credit, and here we are doing it again. Come playoff time, winning is about maximizing your team's potential and taking advantage of every opportunity. In terms of pure potential for each team, I feel that Montreal has done the best their talent has to offer for 8 of the 9 periods. Boston by my account has reached their max potential 4 of the 9.

What has Montreal done? They are squeezing more out of a less talented lineup, their effort has been sustained for most of each game, they take advantage of nearly every Bruins mistake and they have a solid gameplan and are executing that gameplan well.

Boston is the better team on paper, but Montreal has shown a more consistent effort. If both teams maximize their talent, Boston should win. However, Montreal isn't handing them anything, and that's a pretty big "thing" they are doing so far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The Capitals & Penguins Fans were asking the same question last year in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What have the Habs done in this series?:[QUOTE]After the first two games, my thinking was the Bruins could increase their level of playoff intensity but could the Habs? Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

That's a very good point but to dbg1's point they don't need too with Martin's coaching. This is still what scares me about the sereis what dbg1 points out Martin can still focus on.

Sure the Bruins can win the series but will they keep up that intensity ? Jacques Martin is banking the Bruins won't. The next two games are going to be wars can't wait!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

In Response to What have the Habs done in this series?:
    [QUOTE]When you break it down, not much.  There isn't anyone in their lineup that makes me shake in my boots when they have the puck in the offensive zone; their D is average at best; and the jury is still out as to whether Price is ready for prime time.  All good reasons pointing to a B's series victory. Why do some on here make it seem as if the B's are the underdog in this series?   Just because they had a 2 game losing streak in the playoffs doesn't mean squat, especially considering how consistent they were all season.  They always found a way to bounce back with wins.   This negativity doesn't make sense to me.  Pitino was right. 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

The B's have obviously helped them but the Scabs are doing what they usually do...  They use their speed and soccer style to frustrate the B's.  Carey Price is good, too, though he largely hasn't had to be so far in this series - have to give some credit for him and his defense despite the B's poor PP in particular.  TT is still due for a great game and hopefully we've seen the end of the defensive gaffes.  The B's looked so lifeless for much of the home games that I suppose that's why some are still about the gloom and doom.  Before game 3, I was under that cloud as well even though it was so obvious that we were just making things easy on them...  That lack of discipline shown made me wonder about the system but, when you've got vets like Kaberle mucking things up, it keeps me from looking too harshly at Claude.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsin. Show jsin's posts

If the Hab and their coach have been squeezing more out of a less talented lineup, then they did it effectively for the first two games.  I don't see any strong arguments that the Bruins outplayed the Habs in those two games.  That being said, we have not seen the best out of the Bruins yet.  Why we haven't, I'm not sure.  Could be Julien can't bring it out at the right time, could be the players themselves.  Either way, it doesn't matter now.  How this series ends up depends on which Bruins team shows up.  Will it be the team that swept Montreal in 09 and beat the Sabres last year? or will it be the team that lost three in a row to Carolina and four in a row to Philidelphia?  Regardless of which team shows up, that team should get what they deserve.  

Sections
Shortcuts