What I think happened yesterday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: What I think happened yesterday

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hows seguin doing in dallas this year? phil in toronto? 

[/QUOTE]

Congrats.  You still suck.  Nothing you have ever written here has been worth a bucket of you-rine.  Good to see that will continue.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

I knew that pc would would add a depth dman and nothing else. Did any of you expect anything else? Passive pete has prooven time and time again this is the best he can do at the deadline. I don't know about you guys but i can't wait to see the depth these 2 guys bring us!

I guess having special talented offensive players on this team means nothing but a high cap hit see seguin and kessel. 

[/QUOTE]

Passive Pete is partly responsible for making your username possible....  two more wins and you could've updated it to 2013....  in PC we trust....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Struggling to make the playoffs.  Slow to get on track after the Olympic break (hung-over?).

Prepping for the usual Leaf swoon toward the end of the season in order to work on his golf game.

In other words, there are your two teams that focus on expensive "special" players struggling to make the playoffs or to be a real contender.  Would you rather that than a winner?

marco, this guy.  this guy, marco.  you'll be so happy together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone listens to 985 but cam just said they had a deal in principal contingent on that team making another move which didn't take place. [/QUOTE]

Chiarelli mentioned during his presser that he didn't want to move a salary to bring in a forward. Neely did mention your comment...

But why wait for another team to make another move when you have assets, strength in number(s) of good prospects ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

Spooner should be on the black aces...[/QUOTE]

There's the first mention!  When was the last time a minor league calll up provided any value to the Bruins in the playoffs? [/QUOTE]

Krug, the guy who scored against the Rangers and then spent the final two rounds out of position and missing the net?  That Krug?  [/QUOTE]

Yah that is certainly what everyone remembers about Krug last year in the playoffs.

Nothing else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are both doing great. They have zero defensive responsibilities, don't have to go into corners, and get to play lots of minutes. Good for them. I'm sure they're both happy and so are most Bruin fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yah that is certainly what everyone remembers about Krug last year in the playoffs.

Nothing else.

[/QUOTE]

No, most remember the goals against Toronto.  Nothing else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone listens to 985 but cam just said they had a deal in principal contingent on that team making another move which didn't take place. [/QUOTE]

Chiarelli mentioned during his presser that he didn't want to move a salary to bring in a forward. Neely did mention your comment...

But why wait for another team to make another move when you have assets, strength in number(s) of good prospects ?

[/QUOTE]

Because moving salary to make room for an upgrade in talent up front doesn't relect too well - because you just traded away the crown jewel of the franchise, so how could you possibly need any more help ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because moving salary to make room for an upgrade in talent up front doesn't relect too well - because you just traded away the crown jewel of the franchise, so how could you possibly need any more help ?

[/QUOTE]

They traded Bergeron?  They traded Lucic?  They traded Chara?  They traded Rask?

WHEN?  WHO DID THEY GET IN RETURN?  TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What does this mean?  Not being a d**k, just asking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What does this mean?  Not being a d**k, just asking.

I have no idea - the Bourque trade was 14 years ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:[QUOTE] But why wait for another team to make another move when you have assets, strength in number(s) of good prospects ? [/QUOTE]

Because moving salary to make room for an upgrade in talent up front doesn't relect too well - because you just traded away the crown jewel of the franchise, so how could you possibly need any more help ? [/QUOTE]

There are never enough 3rd n 4th line type grinders for Julien.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

Nothing else. [/QUOTE]

No, most remember the goals against Toronto.  Nothing else. [/QUOTE]

So 2013 wasn't recent enough ?

I'm sure one day the NHL will answer your letter regarding your love for the Black Aces. I wouldn't recommend waiting too long though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why do some people claim that some of us posters, and I'm sure they mean me as one of them, act like Chiarelli can do no wrong? This is so juvenile and they don't know what they are talking about. He is not beyond criticism on these boards. See: Jordan Caron and Zach Hamill. Some regular posters did not like the Subban draft pick, the signing of Pandolfo, the hiring of Dave Lewis etc...

If your going to criticize some of us here, at least know what your talking about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/2014/03/07/bruins-potential-deal-with-canucks-shelved/h2poueAphFfGMESyPokz7K/story.html?camp=rss:bruins&dlvrit=834387

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do some people claim that some of us posters, and I'm sure they mean me as one of them, act like Chiarelli can do no wrong? This is so juvenile and they don't know what they are talking about. He is not beyond criticism on these boards. See: Jordan Caron and Zach Hamill. Some regular posters did not like the Subban draft pick, the signing of Pandolfo, the hiring of Dave Lewis etc...

If your going to criticize some of us here, at least know what your talking about.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Its silly.  I obviously am happy with PC as a GM but to say he hasnt made some bone-headed decisions and wont get criticized for it as stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/report-bruins-had-deal-in-place-for-edler-but-canucks-blew-it/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Interesting reads.  That Boston got Philadelphia to eat some of Mezsaros' cap hit means they actually could have traded for more with only minor loss from the roster.  It sounds like the plan got too hung up waiting for Kesler to move, and may have missed some other chances.

Is this the curse of Bartkowski and Khoklachev?  No trade involving them will ever go through? Yell

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

PC might move Kelly at the draft or in the summer because he knows he has Spooner for the future. When you know Soderberg is your new 3rd center - Why not move Kelly out yesterday to free up salary and get a proven scorer for security ?

"He's cheap, he wins faceoffs and he's great defensively!"

Thats what i was thinking and this might come back to haunt PC. What I thought PC would have done was went for a depth forward in case of injury up to and into the playoffs and now were stuck with Caron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

PC might move Kelly at the draft or in the summer because he knows he has Spooner for the future.

[/QUOTE]

Lunacy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Like Bartkowski I think Spooner will adjust at the next level of the NHL.

I watch the games with my own eyes. Watching Kelly blow offensive chance after chance is spectacular.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Krug, the guy who scored against the Rangers and then spent the final two rounds out of position and missing the net?  That Krug?

Fill me in on the value Bartkowski added.  He played a few games and generally looked pretty bad out there.  Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oINeMwTBK8

Or maybe this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpzATwSDZ4E

Is that the type of value you are referring to? 

So there's that.

And, do keep in mind, I couldn't possibly care less if you have me on ignore or not.  Constantly posting that you do is pitiful.

[/QUOTE]

Any value means.......well....... any value. 

You asked and you got. 

Yes, Krug was valuable to the Bruins in the playoffs last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

There are never enough 3rd n 4th line type grinders for Julien.

[/QUOTE]

And thank God for that.

If it means having these types of players and being able to compete for a cup like they've been doing........I'm all for it.

Sections
Shortcuts