What If Hamilton Is Locked Out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What If Hamilton Is Locked Out?

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2012/08/20/what-the-nhl-cba-situation-means-for-junior-eligible-players/

Hamilton is currently in a bit of a unique situation if he starts the year in junior due to a lockout. There is currently no agreement in place to cover such a scenario. I'd like to think the CHL wouldn't try to play hardball with the NHL over this but I also couldn't blame them if they did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: What If Hamilton Is Locked Out?

Rookie camp has been cancelled.

Why?

I would think they could make some decisions on who is going back to jr. for sure and who might go to Providence.

And then what happens if camp opens in October?

Are they expecting guys to take time out of their jr. season for camp?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

More qestions.
    When is Providence camp start ?  whats their format now that there most likely will be a lockout ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting points that further underline the confusion that still exists between Fehr-led players, and the Bettman-led owners. Further underscores the fact that a "union' in any proffessional sport is ridiculous. Obviously there is a need for "operating priciples' , But, commitments on medical, retirement benefits, etc. should be separated into a funding by players [ performers], while owners continue to pay for arena operating costs, advertising and promotion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Interesting points that further underline the confusion that still exists between Fehr-led players, and the Bettman-led owners. Further underscores the fact that a "union' in any proffessional sport is ridiculous. Obviously there is a need for "operating priciples' , But, commitments on medical, retirement benefits, etc. should be separated into a funding by players [ performers], while owners continue to pay for arena operating costs, advertising and promotion.

Have you seen the movie "net worth"?

Back in the day players would get on average $600 a season, everyone had to work in the summer.  Gordie Howe was getting $1200 a season.  The owners had incredible greed and wer e colluding to low ball the players.  The "performers" had no choice and had to play for minimum wage.  The only answer was that then players organized to combat this.

How relevant is that today?  Not so sure, but that's how it came about.

Of course now we see greedy players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

It will be like a kid staying back in school when he already earned straight "A"s the year before. This will not be good for his development. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

If nothing else, I'd rather see him spend a year "abroad".    Can't edit last post to add this on...This site B-l(urr)-ows!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404645

If the National Hockey League lock outs its players on Sept. 15 and re-opens for business later, the Canadian Hockey League will have plans in place for its NHL-eligible players.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=640976

Hamilton told NHL.com, but if there is a lockout then I'll be back in junior and I'll just continue to work towards my goal. I mean, it doesn't really matter where I start the year [because] the goal doesn't change -- it's to play in the NHL and that's what I'm looking forward to.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hamilton is good either way. Like everyone else he is keeping his fingers crossed he skates out on TD ice not back in the OHL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Just adding to SDB's links. PC's saying there's talks between the CHL and NHL for a new transfer agreement, that will allow players such as Dougie Hamilton to start in the CHL and then later play in the NHL, after an NHL lockout ends (if there is one).

“We’re told they’re working on an agreement, and we’re told that there will be the ability to take players, in the event of a work stoppage, and it cutting into the CHL [Canadian Hockey League] season,” Chiarelli said. “There will be some type of ability to take players from their respective CHL teams. So, I’m hoping that that will be finalized, but at the very least I’m told that it’s expected to happen in the agreement. So, I mean, to the extent – I don’t know how many we can take, and I know that they haven’t done the agreement yet, but they’re working on it. So yes, if we can take one, I can tell you that [Hamilton] will be the one.”

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2012/09/07/new-chlnhl-transfer-agreement-could-allow-dougie-hamilton-to-play-in-ohl-and-nhl/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

There was some problem with my copy and paste of PC's statements (the quotation marks came out wrong). At least the link works. There you can see what I copied and pasted from.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Murray was sent to juniors, partly due to the potential lockout... wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton goes back for a year too. Best case scenario at the moment seems to be no preseason with the season starting on time. If it's any longer than that I'd expect he's sent back to Niagra. 

It wouldn't be absolutely terrible if he were sent back, but I'd rather have a developing rookie in the lineup than a plug like Exelby or Johnson. 

If the players want to play as bad as they say they do, they should stand up to big bad fehr. He will be the man who prevents a season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Murray was sent to juniors, partly due to the potential lockout... wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton goes back for a year too. Best case scenario at the moment seems to be no preseason with the season starting on time. If it's any longer than that I'd expect he's sent back to Niagra. 

It wouldn't be absolutely terrible if he were sent back, but I'd rather have a developing rookie in the lineup than a plug like Exelby or Johnson. 

If the players want to play as bad as they say they do, they should stand up to big bad fehr. He will be the man who prevents a season.

Bis, why are you blaming Fehr in particular? The players hired him to keep the owners from trying to walk all over them. He has no say whatsoever in whether the owners lock the players out. He doesn't have a vote in the union. His job is to get them a deal worth voting on, that's all. Do you think the players should've just agreed to the owner's 1st proposal? Either way, it's not Fehr's job to get the players to take what the owners offer. It's his job to get them a deal worth signing. Cheers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    More qestions.When is Providence camp start ?  whats their format now that there most likely will be a lockout ?

http://bruinsblog.projo.com/2009/09/providence-brui-5.html

The Providence Bruins have released their training camp schedule, including three preseason games. All practices will be at the Rhode Island Sports Center in North Smithfield and are open to the public:

Monday, Sept. 21 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Tuesday, Sept. 22 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Wednesday, Sept. 23 -- 10 a.m. - Noon.
    Preseason game vs. Springfield @ NE Sports Center, Marlborough, Mass., 7:05 p.m.

Thursday, Sept. 24 -- 10 a.m. - Noon
    Preseason game vs. Lowell @ Iorio Arena, Walpole, Mass., 6:05 p.m.

Friday, Sept. 25 --10 a.m. - Noon

Saturday, Sept. 26 -- 9:25 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.
    Preseason game at Springfield @ MassMutual Center, Springfield, Mass. 7 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 27 -- Off Day

Monday, Sept. 28 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Tuesday, Sept. 29 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Wednesday, Sept. 30 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Thursday, Oct. 1 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

For information on tickets for the Sept. 23 preseason game, call the New England Sports Center at (508) 229-2700.

Tickets for the Sept. 24 game are $10 and can be purchased by visiting the Iorio Arena or emailing Chrissy Bartletta at chrissy@rbhockey.com.

Providence opens the regular season at the Dunkin' Donuts Center on Sunday, Oct. 4, at 4:05 p.m. against Springfield. To purchase tickets or for more information, call the P-Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to www.providencebruins.com.

For those of you in South Eastern Mass./ Rhode Island area...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:

More qestions.When is Providence camp start ?  whats their format now that there most likely will be a lockout ?

http://bruinsblog.projo.com/2009/09/providence-brui-5.html

The Providence Bruins have released their training camp schedule, including three preseason games. All practices will be at the Rhode Island Sports Center in North Smithfield and are open to the public:

Monday, Sept. 21 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Tuesday, Sept. 22 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Wednesday, Sept. 23 -- 10 a.m. - Noon.
    Preseason game vs. Springfield @ NE Sports Center, Marlborough, Mass., 7:05 p.m.

Thursday, Sept. 24 -- 10 a.m. - Noon
    Preseason game vs. Lowell @ Iorio Arena, Walpole, Mass., 6:05 p.m.

Friday, Sept. 25 --10 a.m. - Noon

Saturday, Sept. 26 -- 9:25 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.
    Preseason game at Springfield @ MassMutual Center, Springfield, Mass. 7 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 27 -- Off Day

Monday, Sept. 28 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Tuesday, Sept. 29 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Wednesday, Sept. 30 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

Thursday, Oct. 1 -- 10 a.m. - Noon

For information on tickets for the Sept. 23 preseason game, call the New England Sports Center at (508) 229-2700.

Tickets for the Sept. 24 game are $10 and can be purchased by visiting the Iorio Arena or emailing Chrissy Bartletta at chrissy@rbhockey.com.

Providence opens the regular season at the Dunkin' Donuts Center on Sunday, Oct. 4, at 4:05 p.m. against Springfield. To purchase tickets or for more information, call the P-Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to www.providencebruins.com.

For those of you in South Eastern Mass./ Rhode Island area...

[/QUOTE]

Well done, San.

I hope if I'm going there it's for no other reason to watch some prospects and not because I need a live hockey fix.

Sections
Shortcuts