What If?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What If?

What if PC offered Krejci,Boychuck,and the Leafs and Bruins 1st picks in the upcoming draft for Parise and Andy Greene?Would Lou just laugh and hang up on him?I would think it would at least be a good starting point for a blockbuster.A rebuilding NJ could certainly do well with 2 top 5 picks next June.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: What If?

dont know much about greene but i really like parise, i would do it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I don't think it gets it done but let's say it does. Would Andy Greene sit? Do the B's put Blake Wheeler at Center? Krejci would leave a huge hole down the middle, especially with Savvy hurt again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: What If?:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it gets it done but let's say it does. Would Andy Greene sit? Do the B's put Blake Wheeler at Center? Krejci would leave a huge hole down the middle, especially with Savvy hurt again.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    I'd be happy to worry about those problems after Parise  arrived........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

HOW ABOUT WE DONT TRADE KREJCI HE IS BETTER THAN PARISE STRAIGHT UP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]HOW ABOUT WE DONT TRADE KREJCI HE IS BETTER THAN PARISE STRAIGHT UP
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]
    Not to be picky with you again Bruin8 but C'MON!This is no knock against DK when I propose this.Parise is a better player than DK and neither have reached their potential yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What If?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What If? : I'd be happy to worry about those problems after Parise  arrived........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Especially with Colborne fairly close (probably make the club midway next season) and Wheeler was effective at center I wouldn't have a problem with Krejci going the other way regardless if Savard retires or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

There is nobody on the Bruins that is better than Parise at the moment

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to What If?:
    [QUOTE]What if PC offered Krejci,Boychuck,and the Leafs and Bruins 1st picks in the upcoming draft for Parise and Andy Greene?Would Lou just laugh and hang up on him?I would think it would at least be a good starting point for a blockbuster.A rebuilding NJ could certainly do well with 2 top 5 picks next June.

now that's what i call a blockbuster. i would do it and i think jersey would consider it, unlike all the ryder, wheeler trades on this board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bruin8

get real man.  Krejci can't skate in the same league as Parise.  Homer. 

Dez- very realistic offer.  Would the contracts be a wash?
    Greene is a very interesting piece.  He is a good puck mover and would get PP time as well.

Lets break it down.
    Krejci/(two)1st rounders/Boy.
    Parise/Greene.

I like it a lot.  Parise would go to line #1 and play with Bergie/Horton.  OR would you chance Parise with Seguin?  I think that appeals to me.
    Bergie/Marchand/Horton
    Seguin/Lucic-Parise

I think to really make this a doozy we may have to add on Rolston or Arnott and throw Ryder or Wheeler(likely Wheeler) the other way. 

I have to say I like the offer though. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Parise is a RFA at year's end so I would think that a deal would have to be hammered out beforehand anyway. Bruin8 is very serious about his ludicrous, caps-lock statement

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]bruin8 get real man.  Krejci can't skate in the same league as Parise.  Homer.  Dez- very realistic offer.  Would the contracts be a wash? Greene is a very interesting piece.  He is a good puck mover and would get PP time as well. Lets break it down. Krejci/(two)1st rounders/Boy. Parise/Greene. I like it a lot.  Parise would go to line #1 and play with Bergie/Horton.  OR would you chance Parise with Seguin?  I think that appeals to me. Bergie/Marchand/Horton Seguin/Lucic-Parise I think to really make this a doozy we may have to add on Rolston or Arnott and throw Ryder or Wheeler(likely Wheeler) the other way.  I have to say I like the offer though. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I was just throwing an idea out there that another GM might actually consider.Both teams would be getting pieces that they need .I can't remember the GM who said it but a good trade leaves both sides feeling ripped off.This would be one of those deals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I wouldn't make that deal. The Bruins franchise is stronger with the first line center, middle pairing d-man, top 5 pick, and top 25 pick than with the injured, soon to be very highly paid star winger and middle-pairing d-man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't make that deal. The Bruins franchise is stronger with the first line center, middle pairing d-man, top 5 pick, and top 25 pick than with the injured, soon to be very highly paid star winger and middle-pairing d-man.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    That's assuming DK is the true #1 center yoiu're calling him.We already KNOW Parise is a 1st liner and Greene is an upgrade over Boychuck.This deal would be for this years' play-offs,not the future in which you feel it would make us weaker.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Parise is still injured and will not be NHL shape probably until next season. Good player but i would wait until the off season before we make any block buster trade. We can not disrupt the team at a high level the Bruins are doing fine doing a block buster trade will hurt the team more then help. Nsh and Phx are looking for some help with scoring send Ryder to one of these teams for a pick or prospect. Then send up Caron to replace Ryder until the deadline then see what we need
    ie versteeg asham simmonds kelly penner hemsky arnott phillips booth weiss mccabe.  These are only some players that came from the top of my head that could be wearing a differ uniform come deadline.

If we need to add caron with hamil or Arneil to get the GM's attention for versteeg, penner or hemsky then let it be

Bruins line Up without Savard/Ryder is still good:

Marchand Bergy Rechhi
    Looch Krejci Horton
    Caron Seguin Wheels or Caron Wheels Seguin
    Paille Camp Thorn
     The bruins mngt. can show case Hamil( last call) or Arneil on the 4th line to replace until deadline but reassuring Paille does not get rusty

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to What If?:
    [QUOTE]What if PC offered Krejci,Boychuck,and the Leafs and Bruins 1st picks in the upcoming draft for Parise and Andy Greene?Would Lou just laugh and hang up on him?I would think it would at least be a good starting point for a blockbuster.A rebuilding NJ could certainly do well with 2 top 5 picks next June.

You forgot to add Lucic, Thomas , and Bergy !

Get a Grip !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I was kind of wondering about the same type of deal.  I think that Lou Lam says no, based on the fact that Parise has been one of the most popular players there and the fans are already disgruntled.  Further Kovalchuk might really object to this and we all know that sulking can affect his play.  Parise is a truly dynamic scorer among a very average and aging front end in NJ.

On the other hand, NJ gets two good young roster players and two 1st round picks, so it is possible if they're truly looking to change things up there.

The only other concern is that it kind of abandons Chiarelli's whole strategy of building up the middle with depth at center.  All of the sudden the pivot looks a little thin (especially with Savard out) and you might end up desperately hoping that Colborne or Hamill are ready to play center in the bigs.  Almost seems like too much of a roster shake-up for a first place team.

Interesting idea though and I like Andy Greene quite a bit too.  Parise would be absolutely perfect for the Bruins though (or any team I guess) -- incredibly fast, a deadly scoring touch, and 100% effort all the time.  Why not dream big...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What If? : That's assuming DK is the true #1 center yoiu're calling him.We already KNOW Parise is a 1st liner and Greene is an upgrade over Boychuck.This deal would be for this years' play-offs,not the future in which you feel it would make us weaker.

But we do know that DK does play well with our other top players, whereas we are not sure how Parise will fit in with our squad. Further, no one knows how Parise will rebound from his injury. Whether Greene is definitely an upgrade over Boychuk is debatable, but not outrageous. Finally, giving up the Toronto pick would be an enormous mistake, because you'd be giving up not only a good player, but also a glorious opportunity to balance salary throughout your depth chart, which would also be made more difficult by acquiring Parise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What If? : You forgot to add Lucic, Thomas , and Bergy ! Get a Grip !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    Speaking of getting a grip,do you really believe DK and Boychuck have any resemblance to Lucic,TT and Bergeron?Don't bother with a reply if you have nothing to add.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What If? : That's assuming DK is the true #1 center yoiu're calling him.We already KNOW Parise is a 1st liner and Greene is an upgrade over Boychuck.This deal would be for this years' play-offs,not the future in which you feel it would make us weaker.

The one thing that comes to mind is that Lamoriello at first look would probably say switch out Kampfer or Bartkowski for Boychuck (depending on his preference) and then lets start talking.  I would think he would even prefer one of the young guys over Boychuck and our first.  It's all fantasy land talk anyways but if they are rebuilding I think they go after more kids.  I even think he would want Wheeler over Boychuck which would make the fans around here extremely happy not sure how Chiarelli would view these alternative formations and I haven't even looked at the cap numbers yet but I think we are fairly close especialy since we have already expressed a willingness to dump Ryder in the minors if the need arises.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What If? : But we do know that DK does play well with our other top players, whereas we are not sure how Parise will fit in with our squad. Further, no one knows how Parise will rebound from his injury. Whether Greene is definitely an upgrade over Boychuk is debatable, but not outrageous. Finally, giving up the Toronto pick would be an enormous mistake, because you'd be giving up not only a good player, but also a glorious opportunity to balance salary throughout your depth chart, which would also be made more difficult by acquiring Parise.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Anyone we'd be happy to give up on wouldn't generate interest from any other teams.I know this is alot to give up but we're trying to win now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

If Savard is toast and you're going to dump Krecji, y'all better hope #19 is ready for primetime next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Have you given up on this season. This team is in 1st place in the Northeast and is just beginning to jell. You can send Boychuck for cap rerlief= no great loss; Parise is not a center, so who does he play with? The most obvious would be Kreji, but Parise will not be ready until next year. Let's not lose our focus.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Have you given up on this season. This team is in 1st place in the Northeast and is just beginning to jell. You can send Boychuck for cap rerlief= no great loss; Parise is not a center, so who does he play with? The most obvious would be Kreji, but Parise will not be ready until next year. Let's not lose our focus.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Parise should be back in March and ready for a playoff run, which means much more to teams like the Bruins than teams like the Devils...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's quite a bounty for an injured player.