What is ailing Lucic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

What is ailing Lucic?

We all seem to think that Lucic's less than stellar play is the result of an injury. So what is it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: What is ailing Lucic?

Who knows -- I thought he looked pretty good tonight though.  Maybe it is healing.

IBS?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

hes been awesome in this series....one bad turnover is all we are thinking about

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to What is ailing Lucic?:
    [QUOTE]We all seem to think that Lucic's less than stellar play is the result of an injury. So what is it?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

i think it may be the puck he took off the foot but i dont know. i think its more of a speed/playoffs type of thing. i mean even during regular season he isnt the most graceful skater. tough finding space out there. tb is all over that line. the horton goal 2nite was the most room for a shot i have seen for this line since the bunny krecji got to start game 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: What is ailing Lucic?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What is ailing Lucic? : i think it may be the puck he took off the foot but i dont know. i think its more of a speed/playoffs type of thing. i mean even during regular season he isnt the most graceful skater. tough finding space out there. tb is all over that line. the horton goal 2nite was the most room for a shot i have seen for this line since the bunny krecji got to start game 3.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

Speed may be an issue, but was he noticably better against Philly (where speed shouldn't have been a problem)? Serious question -- I don't think he was playing any different against Philly as he is now (though way better than against MTL).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

I don't really think it's matchups. He seems to be skating alright. He just doesn't really get the chance to shoot the puck. You gotta remember he had the most goals on our team in the regular, so he is a main focus when coming up with overall gameplan in series. That on top of the foot injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

In Response to What is ailing Lucic?:
    [QUOTE]We all seem to think that Lucic's less than stellar play is the result of an injury. So what is it?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

You left "head" off your choices....that's where the injury is, his heads not right, I could see it in a few plays where he coughed the puck up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]hes been awesome in this series....one bad turnover is all we are thinking about
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    This is all true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Looch will do something special in game 7. He always does save his best for last. I just hope Manchuk's ok. Either way, someone should introduce Mr. Downey to Mr. Fist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I hope for a big lead in Game 6 -- 2 minutes left to play -- and Horton and Lucic just crack Downie's head.  Downie only delivers hits after the whistle.  Future Hab.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Looch sure is not playing as we expect, so, there probably is a problem which we will learn about after the season. Need to win game 6. Cannot go out and play shut down every game, and expect Timmy to make all the saves. Last night was Claude's game, but a consistent offense will overcome defense when your goalie gets tired. Last night, Timmy started out looking tired and came on during most of the game. Claude cannot continue to limit his offense as much as he did last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

He seems to be skating a bit better and showing some flashes of speed now and again.  Obviously the Flyers series fit his game a bit better than the Habs and Bolts.  I just think he gets a bit jumpy as he knows he doesn't have that quick acceleration and tries to get the puck off his stick too fast at times which leads to brutal and game changing turn overs.  If he does have a bit of room (especially in the other team's zone) he has shown multiple times that he can thread passes through traffic and he's accounted for a good percentage of the B's biggest goals this post season.  They are definately going to need his best from here out if they are going to hoist that tin can!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

We need Lucic to get the 1-0 and 4-0 goals tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Hopefully the idea of playing the stanley cup finals in his home town of Vancouver will finally get him motivated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I remember when he was not skating before two of the games in this series (forget which games) Claude mentioned that his foot was sore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He gave half his heart to Horton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]He gave half his heart to Horton.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Hahaha awesome.  Maybe they'll be able to telepathically communicate. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

How about being immature and playing against the top teams shutdown guys.  St. Louis must have the same injury.  Lucic is likely battling a few injuries.  But give the kid a break.  He is young and trying his hardest.  He will only benefit from this run.  If he thinks Brewer/Olund are hard.  Wait until Bieksa and Hamhuis are matched against them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I like Bieksa. That said, I don't expect him to have as much fun fighting Lucic or Horton as he did fighting Marleau.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

hes not hurt i think teams are keying on him   he has set up some timely goals

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

he was limping noticibly when arriving at the arena prior to the last game....

don't remember exactly when, but i also heard that he had some foot injury....

that with his lack of speed makes it look like he's struggling out there but that said, the looch has still been a vital part of the b's run and without him the b's probably wouldn't still be playing....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I like Bieksa. That said, I don't expect him to have as much fun fighting Lucic or Horton as he did fighting Marleau.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    What does fighting have to do with it.  Gill and Subban did a good job on them.  Bieksa and Hamhuis are fantastic at shutting teams down and driving them crazy.  Plus I think Bieksa is smarter than to get suckered.  Plus he is much more important on the ice for them. 
    Van has about 10 pests and they hit a lot. 
    Burrows/Kesler/Torres/Lapierre/Hanson/Bieksa/Glass etc etc

Get ready for thw whine-o-meter to go off the chart on here next round. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Y'know shupe, the loudest whining on here lately has been your whining about other people whining....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is ailing Lucic? : Lapierre
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Whatever ails Lucic, this hack is the antidote.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Y'know shupe, the loudest whining on here lately has been your whining about other people whining....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

touche

Sections
Shortcuts