What is Cam doing about a Team,that plays with no heart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjstock. Show pjstock's posts

What is Cam doing about a Team,that plays with no heart

Does Cam have a say, he is the President of the Bruins, chia pet works for him,Julien also. He should be in that locker room screaming ,this is a talented team,that coasts, they play terrible on home ice,they beat Tampa wow, i don't know what the hell that Goalie on Tampa was doing thur night. They play lackluster, there reactive, not pro active when it comes to physical play,turnovers lack of hustle, don't worry, you wont lose ice time with Julien, Ference, has been terrible, Ryder shows up every 4 games Wheeler useless, Chara 6'9" plays like he's 4'9", last years playoffs , was all you had to watch, the Bruins had One player who would crash the net when Pronger was on the ice Recchi, the rest of them would'nt pay the price, But did Chara turn it up a notch in the playoffs, Philly chrashed the net & Lurch just stood there.This team needs a Head Coach with heart ,the mope Julien has to go where going on a 2nd season of lackluster play.All u nitwits who say, hey there 12-8-3, there record should be alot better, but they love to give points away

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: What is Cam doing about a Team,that plays with no heart

r,e,a,l,l,y,?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjstock. Show pjstock's posts

In Response to Re: What is Cam doing about a Team,that plays with no heart:
    [QUOTE]r,e,a,l,l,y,?
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE] Yes REALLY Matt, are you not the same Matt who complains about paying $93 bucks & seeing a dud of a home game ,Thought so

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I have to agree to a point. This team is much better than they are playing, but patience. It's 82 games. Playoffs are all that matters, as long as they get there. Trade for Brad Richards. There is heart and soul, and a WINNER.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

no, I, am, not. think, again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My guess is that he is doing the same thing most smart fans are doing -- having a little patience with a team that has a winning record over the first two months of the season, but still needs a more consistent effort.

Most of your analysis of the players is pretty far off, and you seem to be buying into the trendy Boston sports fan persona of bashing the team all the time and trying to be a big blowhard.

I mean, all this talk about "heart" and "paying the price" is getting a little corny and trite.  Obviously we'd all like to see the Bruins compete a little harder every night, but every team goes through this.  It is December.  If it is still happening is April then we should talk about changes.  Until then, don't be shocked when Neely isn't throwing tantrums and firing people right and left.  He understands how the game works. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

That's just it. The season maybe over by April 6 if the team continues on this downward trend. I agree with pj about the lackluster effort, but I don't agree on his take on Chara! This guy plays a hard 27-30min a nite against the oppositions top lines! He's a beast & I love that the B's have him.
    Having said that. I think now that the B's gave CJ his extension. Cam's hands will be tied. The Jacobs family will probably say "look you brought him in & you signed him! Find a way to make it work!" I truly believe CJ has lost this team, but since he won't be going anywhere. I may as well live with it & hope that the team will turn into the team it's supposed to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

FIRE CLAUDE JULIEN!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

[QUOTE]FIRE CLAUDE JULIEN!!!!
    Posted by DaPrince77[/QUOTE]

ya that would be real smart.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to What is Cam doing about a Team,that plays with no heart:
    [QUOTE] Does Cam have a say, he is the President of the Bruins, chia pet works for him,Julien also. He should be in that locker room screaming ,this is a talented team,that coasts, they play terrible on home ice,they beat Tampa wow, i don't know what the hell that Goalie on Tampa was doing thur night. They play lackluster, there reactive, not pro active when it comes to physical play,turnovers lack of hustle, don't worry, you wont lose ice time with Julien, Ference, has been terrible, Ryder shows up every 4 games Wheeler useless, Chara 6'9" plays like he's 4'9", last years playoffs , was all you had to watch, the Bruins had One player who would crash the net when Pronger was on the ice Recchi, the rest of them would'nt pay the price, But did Chara turn it up a notch in the playoffs, Philly chrashed the net & Lurch just stood there.This team needs a Head Coach with heart ,the mope Julien has to go where going on a 2nd season of lackluster play.All u nitwits who say, hey there 12-8-3, there record should be alot better, but they love to give points away
    Posted by pjstock[/QUOTE]
    Yes,whoever doesn't agree with your over-the-top rant is a nitwit.Don't come at me talking about wins and losses(an actual fact)when we could be discussing  heart   and other buzz word complaints that make no sense(trashing Chara=no credibility)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Trade for Brad Richards. There is heart and soul, and a WINNER.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Great idea... but what would it cost?

And, to address the original question: B's are far too inconsistent to be considered a real contender for the Cup. I see a first or second round exit again in our future if something isn't done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Another stupid and moronic post that when placed in the proper context of ' no heart' has absolutely no validity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Another stupid and moronic post that when placed in the proper context of ' no heart' has absolutely no validity.
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. They haven't played with heart at all this season. Maybe a few individuals have shown some. Thomas, Rask, Marchaund & Thornton to name a few, but as whole? No where near to what's expected.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

And how does one measure heart exactly? They've looked pretty spunky this year, especially in their second game against Phoenix after the opening night debacle and last week against Tampa, which had smoked them the previous game.

Even if they aren't playing with heart now, keep in mind that it's the middle of the season and everyone is going to look a bit worn down at this time of year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game on Saturday, this had to be one of the most lackluster game I have seen this season. Here is a team that just beat TB going to the biggest hockey market, playing a Leaf team that just got shutout by Edmonton and lets not forget we get their first round pick so beating TO should be a must win I would have preferred a loss against TB and win over TO. Cam needs to get rid of the overpaid underacheiving players this team has Thanks to PC. Chara needs to be moved NOW along with Savvy. Package them off with Ryder and Sturm. That frees up 19 million with that kind of dough Cam and PC could get us the players that take this team to the next level. Lurch has done absolutely Zero when it counts in the Playoffs.
    Posted by mitchco98[/QUOTE]
    i was at the game too. big deal. it's a long season. did you see what happen in Wash tonite ? when's  O going to win a big series. stop the panic please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

Our coach is not good : won the Jack Adams 2 years ago
    Chara is not good ...won the Norris 2 years ago
    DUH ! ! !   what about the rest of the league than .....DUH ! ! !

Thanks to the real fans for their support ....

Tyler

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Hey Tyler,
     You forgot Thomas isnt any good either. He's to old and washed up :)  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

PJ,

If, you, are, older, that 6 years since ur birth. Please take your, receipt from skool, annd demand refund. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Cam did not hire either Chiarelli or Claude. His new position as President indicates that he has replaced Harry Sinden. Cam is not as openly quotable as Harry, but he probably has expressed his perceptions to both Peter and Claude. At the same time it is Claude's job to utilize the player Peter signs, and Cam must have some sort of approval level to all major decisions. Keeping in mind that the CAP is one way of leveling the capability of all teams it is important to note that not all players , on any one team, can be superior quality. The real key is getting "chemistry" from all. On the Bruins Kreji/Lucic/Horton should play well every game- they do not; Savard/Ryder/ Seguin are too new together, and Ryder has his ups and downs; Bergie has Rechi[ older and slower] and Wheels[ younger, faster but very inconsistent] they are also recently matched; Campbell/Marchand/Thornton have been together since the beginning. They do play with agression/passion. The defense is the real enigma. Chara is good at being Chara; Noone else has stepped in as a quality partner; Seidenberg is OK as a #3/4 defenseman; the rest- Stuart/Ference/Boychuck/McQuaid are all resonable #5/6 defensemen. That is the BIG hole; the most inconsistency; and a necessary focus for Chiarelli and Neely

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Bogie I agree thats why with Seguin coming up and a wealth of Draft picks Its not completely unreasonable to move one of Savard/Bergeron/Krejci in order to add a true top2 Dman. Someone capable of being a #1 on most teams but is #2 to chara and can carry a game offensively out his own zone.

Also speed on the wings is lacking who is fast on the wings?

Paille?
    Seguin?
    Lucic can get a good head of steam going but has low agility.
    Horton is average speed/agility.
    Marchand is quick but not a speedster.
    Recchi/Ryder are both slow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

I agree that the playoffs are what matter...remember this is pretty much the same team that had one of the biggest meltdowns in playoff history. I'm sure that still eats at Cam like any other true fan. And don't tell me it was an injury or 2, it was about heart...4 times in a row.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that the playoffs are what matter...remember this is pretty much the same team that had one of the biggest meltdowns in playoff history. I'm sure that still eats at Cam like any other true fan. And don't tell me it was an injury or 2, it was about heart...4 times in a row.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

Wrong number08: Krejci, Seguin, Horton, Campbell and Seidenberg were not part of the meltdown. But, they and the rest will, and should, use the meltdown as motivation come playoff time. Nothing comes without paying a price or having gone through some tough situations.

The meltdown ranks second as the lowest point in Bruins history, as far as I'm concerned. First is Thornton with no points in seven games against the Habs in the 2004 playoffs. Up 3 games to 1, the series was blown in 7.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Cam doing about a Team,that plays with no heart : Wrong number08: Krejci, Seguin, Horton, Campbell and Seidenberg were not part of the meltdown. But, they and the rest will, and should, use the meltdown as motivation come playoff time. Nothing comes without paying a price or having gone through some tough situations. The meltdown ranks second as the lowest point in Bruins history, as far as I'm concerned. First is Thornton with no points in seven games against the Habs in the 2004 playoffs. Up 3 games to 1, the series was blown in 7.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Agreed Wheat. the 04 Bruins meltdown tops my list(71 was a huge disappointment too).  With their feared 700 pound line...fresh off a great  regular season and a franchise move by MOC bringing in Nylander and Gonchar as rentals at the deadline, should of put this team in the finals.  Man for man that team had it all.  In defense of Thorton...believe he had cracked ribs, and it's almost impossible to function in a beer league with that condition, let alone the physical intensity of the NHL playoffs.  Too bad that nucleous was blown up, and everyone got a year older before we saw meaninful hockey again.
    Last year, most experts predicted Buffalo would easily send the B's packing in round one.  Expectations weren't that high last year, but obviously, a collapse of historical proportions gets the most news.