What is Iginla thinking right now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: What is Iginla thinking right now?

If i sign back with Calgary in the off season i'll still be the best player on that team.Boy are the Flames in for a long,slow rebuild.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

If i sign back with Calgary in the off season i'll still be the best player on that team.Boy are the Flames in for a long,slow rebuild.

Agreed 50 and Iginla deserves much of the blame for forcing them to just take what they could get from Pitt as opposed to accepting the best offer. Bartkowski is an Nhl defenseman who would undoubtedly have been able to play in their top 6 for years to come and Koko is a decent prospect by most scouts standards. Instead they get 2 guys who's names I can't recall and don't care to look up. Is there anyone happier about iggy's choice than Bartkowski? One minute he thinks he's dealt to a rebuild. The next minute he's got a real opportunity to get his name etched on to the Cup. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed 50 and Iginla deserves much of the blame for forcing them to just take what they could get from Pitt as opposed to accepting the best offer. Bartkowski is an Nhl defenseman who would undoubtedly have been able to play in their top 6 for years to come and Koko is a decent prospect by most scouts standards. Instead they get 2 guys who's names I can't recall and don't care to look up. Is there anyone happier about iggy's choice than Bartkowski? One minute he thinks he's dealt to a rebuild. The next minute he's got a real opportunity to get his name etched on to the Cup. 

[/QUOTE]

Imagine what Feaster is thinking also Dez. I finally made a decent trade, NHL ready young D-man, good young offensive forward prospect and another 1st round pick. Nope,Iggy would prefer to go to Pitt even though he gave 4 teams he would agree to.I'm in the same boat as you and Doug MaClean, i have no idea who the players Feaster got from the Pens are.Oh well, i hope Iggy's happy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

"Dammit! We won the Olympic's with no legit #1 goalie & tons of talent. What the hell!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Classic !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

tee times, vacation spots...

And thinking about telling those folks in Calgary he loved his custom house there and will probably retire there and wondering if anyone will remember or care when he puts the place on the market...

real estate prices, nicer places to live than that dump Pittsburg...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

Is that Brenden Morrow with the slumped head in the background ?

Doesn't look like him but if it is, looks like he just got off the ice after chasing Nose Face around for a shift Innocent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

For all the Arrested Development fans

"I've made a terrible mistake"

Well, we all hope you enjoyed hitching your wagon to the Cindy Crysby Train of Broken Dreams...you poor Schlub.

Maybe you can eek out a point in the series...nah, I don't think so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to TheMaskedAvenger's comment:

?

What the bleep was i thinking?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

tee times, vacation spots...

And thinking about telling those folks in Calgary he loved his custom house there and will probably retire there and wondering if anyone will remember or care when he puts the place on the market...

real estate prices, nicer places to live than that dump Pittsburg...

He did this the same week he was traded after saying how much he loved Calgary & will be retiring here.  What a lying sack of kief! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I didn't win a Stanley Cup, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn in Pittsburgh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

For all the Arrested Development fans

"I've made a terrible mistake"

Well, we all hope you enjoyed hitching your wagon to the Cindy Crysby Train of Broken Dreams...you poor Schlub.

Maybe you can eek out a point in the series...nah, I don't think so.

Ninja please! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to burythehabs' comment:

3-Wood or long iron

Lmfao, or maybe i should call the maid tell her to clean my summer cottage little earlier this summer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Guilt is a powerful motivator, eh Brick ?" ~ Jack

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

You can lead a horse to water but can't make him put on a bathing suit.

Is it colder in the mountains or in the winter?

Did I walk to the arena or take my lunch?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

"I should've gone with THAT team."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

We're gonna win the cup because I scored the winning GOAL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I now approve the trade to Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

I now approve the trade to Boston.

Too late, Einstein!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Serious question, would anyone take him on the third line as the token "vetran" player ala recchi and Jagr if he was to sign at a decent price? I personally would. I doubt Jagr is here next year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Serious question, would anyone take him on the third line as the token "vetran" player ala recchi and Jagr if he was to sign at a decent price? I personally would. I doubt Jagr is here next year.

not the year for that with cap going down. Got to find room for Sodeberg, Spooner etc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

he's not taking under 5 million. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Serious question: Did he screw the pooch regarding his short term future by:

1. Leaving Cagary to persue a Cup ( he probably can't re-sign there)

2. Spurning the Bruins for Pittsburch ( probably wouldn't be well received here)

3. Underperforming in Pittsburch ( tough to offer him a new contract after his playoff non-performance )

4. Blew a chance to impress other teams for an offer next season.