What is Kaberle's next contract worth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

What is Kaberle's next contract worth?

Kaberle's current contract is at 4.25 million per season. I'm guessing he is looking for a 5 year deal worth 5 million per season. 

If that is the case , would you find that would be a fair deal?? What happens when a few years passes and we have older guys like Chara, Seidenberg, Ference and Kaberle locked up?? Would our overall defense suffer?? Cap issues?

Injuries aside will players in our system like Warsofsky, Cross, Button ever get a shot to play in the nhl?  

Just want to hear what some of you have to say if Kaberle is locked up for the next 5 years and how it impacts our team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Re: What is Kaberle's next contract worth?

Guess we'll have to see what he brings down the stretch and into the playoffs.

If he helps bring home a certain piece of hardware, I'm guessing he might get a nice bump!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC will over pay then if it's four years at 4Mil. Chiarelli now only has 6.3Mil to bring in three forwards (Marchand big raise) and one defensman it's going to be tight again so hopefully the cap does indeed go up it's usual 2Mil.

So lets say it starts at 8.3Mil for Marchand, Kaberle, Ryder (more than likely), Caron or Sauve up ?, Paille out adds another 1.1Mil puts Chiarelli at 9.4Mil to start ?....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I hope your wrong that Ryder is coming back next season. 

Ryder, Recchi and possibly Thornton are all out next year if you ask me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: What is Kaberle's next contract worth?:
    [QUOTE]ryder: 3.25-3.5 million marchand: 2.5 milliion kaberle: 4-5 million recchi: retired schafers buyout: $0 so thats 9.75-11.25 million and with schafers buyout gone i think that they will jus be able to fit it in, and if the cap goes up then they will fit it in with maybe a million or so left. now if savard comes back, everything changes
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09[/QUOTE]

You are advocating for re-signing Ryder? For $3.25- 3.5M?  Nice to meet you Mrs. Ryder, your son is an awful hockey player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I would say it all depends on the playoffs but I could see a 3 year deal at 4-4.5 million is what he would want.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I would not min resigning Ryder around 3...his shot is a treath and he tries more than a lot of players!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

If they resign Ryder and then run out of money/cap space to resign Marchand and/or Kaberle, PC & Julien should be tarred and feathered. Why on earth would you resign someone who has absolutely no trade value? I've had more than enough of Mr Ryder's disappearing act, even if he's having a better season this year (his contract is up).
    Back to the Kaberle extension: As we all know PC likes to overpay even when there are no other suitors (i.e. Ference, Wideman, Ryder, maybe even TT & Chara). Only Krejci & Savard signed for less money than expected. Add to that Burke's comments about Kaberle's multiple inquiries about a new contract in Toronto, and you can expect his asking price to be at least 5 mill per season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]If they resign Ryder and then run out of money/cap space to resign Marchand and/or Kaberle, PC & Julien should be tarred and feathered. Why on earth would you resign someone who has absolutely no trade value? I've had more than enough of Mr Ryder's disappearing act, even if he's having a better season this year (his contract is up). Back to the Kaberle extension: As we all know PC likes to overpay even when there are no other suitors (i.e. Ference, Wideman, Ryder, maybe even TT & Chara). Only Krejci & Savard signed for less money than expected. Add to that Burke's comments about Kaberle's multiple inquiries about a new contract in Toronto, and you can expect his asking price to be at least 5 mill per season.
    Posted by MrHulot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kind of expected more from Ryder this year considering it is a contract year but I guess he did not exactly light it up his last contract year either. He should not be resigned obviously.

As for Kaberle, he is likely going to be looking for his last professional contract so look for some steep numbers from his agent initially. Hopefully, PC can get him at a reasonable rate...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

3 years max at 5 million per year would be the way to go .......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If they resign Ryder and then run out of money/cap space to resign Marchand and/or Kaberle, PC & Julien should be tarred and feathered. Why on earth would you resign someone who has absolutely no trade value? I've had more than enough of Mr Ryder's disappearing act, even if he's having a better season this year (his contract is up). Back to the Kaberle extension: As we all know PC likes to overpay even when there are no other suitors (i.e. Ference, Wideman, Ryder, maybe even TT & Chara). Only Krejci & Savard signed for less money than expected. Add to that Burke's comments about Kaberle's multiple inquiries about a new contract in Toronto, and you can expect his asking price to be at least 5 mill per season.
    I'm not sure that Burke always tells the truth.Let's not forget he claims he'd still make the Kessel deal again if given the chance.Burkes' credibility-out the window.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He signed 5 yr deal with TO for 4.25M cap hit after scoring his career high 67 points, of which since then he has scored 58, 53, 31, 49 and has 38 this year, notice the trend.

His points are going down and his age is going up, he will be 33 in 2 weeks, he def does not deserve a raise and  if resigned it better be for less.

5 yr at 3M. 4M 4M 3M 3M 1M and no NTC.
    Ryder 2.5M
    March 3M
    Rec 2M 1 M bonus yes he will be resigned if we don't get cup, he is the missing link, no really his age notes him as the missing link.LOL

Our cap is at 6.3 +1M bonus including Sav 4M if on LTI gives us 11.3 all OK.

If not on LTI, we will need to move 3M. Pail's days are numbered he is insurance for P/O injuries but will be gone by July if not now, but that is only 1M, leaving 2M to be moved.

With Peverley 1.3M signed, Kelly at 2.1M becomes redundant. Pev is better F/O man and point producer and Camp at 1.1M is cheaper spare.

Moving Kelly will lighten our centre position and give us the cap space.

Or all of the unsigned could be moved and replaced by prospects making the grade such as Caron, Sauve etc. only the shadow knows.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]I would say it all depends on the playoffs but I could see a 3 year deal at 4-4.5 million is what he would want.
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]
    This was almost precisely my original estimate.  3/4.5 mil.

After hearing Peter Chiarelli say a long term contranct I have a feeling heś thinking more like 5 or 6 years.  If he thinks heś valuable enough for a long-term deal who knows how much per year he has in his head.  Anyways at this point I am expecting that I will feel he overpaid when the deal gets done.  Anyways, I willgive leeway on judgement either way, seeing as some of the deals I thought were bad seem to have been pretty good in hindsight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks Shadow I knew you'd jump on a cap balancing thread. I don't see Recchi playing another year so I see Kelly staying and possibly Ference being moved in the summer but Chiarelli likes Andrew so the extra 2mil cap annual increase might keep Ference here but Paille willl be gone by the draft the shadow knows.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]He signed 5 yr deal with TO for 4.25M cap hit after scoring his career high 67 points, of which since then he has scored 58, 53, 31, 49 and has 38 this year, notice the trend.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Those numbers are incredibly consistent.  That is the only trend I see.  You have one season only in which he missed significant time that's his 31 point season.  To be fair it was also his worst year ppg, He followed that year with a rebounding season but still lower then his peak.  And this year's 38 has him on pace for 53, thats slightly above being just above his career average and the third season in a row of improvement in Points per game since the injury.

Here are the numbers,

body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, th, td, p { font-family: "Liberation Sans"; font-size: x-small; }
    yrs team games g a points ppg
    1998-1999 TOR 57 4 18 22 0.39
    1999-2000 TOR 82 7 33 40 0.49
    2000-2001 TOR 82 6 39 45 0.55
    2001-2002 TOR 69 10 29 39 0.57
    2002-2003 TOR 82 11 36 47 0.57
    2003-2004 TOR 71 3 28 31 0.44
    2005-2006 TOR 82 9 58 67 0.82
    2006-2007 TOR 74 11 47 58 0.78
    2007-2008 TOR 82 8 45 53 0.65
    2008-2009 TOR 57 4 27 31 0.54
    2009-2010 TOR 82 7 42 49 0.60
    2010-2011 TOR/BOS 59 3 35 38 0.64
    2010-2011 Projected

52.8 0.64
    Career No.s
    879 83 437 520 0.59

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Kaberle's next contract worth? : Those numbers are incredibly consistent.  That is the only trend I see.  You have one season only in which he missed significant time that's his 31 point season.  To be fair it was also his worst year ppg, He followed that year with a rebounding season but still lower then his peak.  And this year's 38 has him on pace for 53, thats slightly above being just above his career average and the third season in a row of improvement in Points per game since the injury. Here are the numbers, body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, th, td, p { font-family: "Liberation Sans"; font-size: x-small; } yrs team games g a points ppg 1998-1999 TOR 57 4 18 22 0.39 1999-2000 TOR 82 7 33 40 0.49 2000-2001 TOR 82 6 39 45 0.55 2001-2002 TOR 69 10 29 39 0.57 2002-2003 TOR 82 11 36 47 0.57 2003-2004 TOR 71 3 28 31 0.44 2005-2006 TOR 82 9 58 67 0.82 2006-2007 TOR 74 11 47 58 0.78 2007-2008 TOR 82 8 45 53 0.65 2008-2009 TOR 57 4 27 31 0.54 2009-2010 TOR 82 7 42 49 0.60 2010-2011 TOR/BOS 59 38 0.64 2010-2011 Projected 82 52.8 0.59
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Quality stats to support your point.  Just one question- if he is averaging .64 points a game, how does he PROJECT to have .59 ppg by the end of the year? Wouldn't the projection by the same as his ppg now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Again: Why on earth should PC resign Ryder?
    Okay, here's my contract suggestion for Claude Julien's favorite son: 1 year, $500,000 (league minimum) plus incentives (i.e starting at 20 goals, 25 assists, plus-minus +10, team making the playoffs). Take it or leave it.
    Of course I hope they can sign Kaberle at about 4 mill per season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I'm thinking Kaberlae wants to be a Bruin for the next few years based on the recent events. For this reason, I don't see him geeting more than $4-$4.5 M and the contract should be for 3 yrs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Again: Why on earth should PC resign Ryder? Okay, here's my contract suggestion for Claude Julien's favorite son: 1 year, $500,000 (league minimum) plus incentives (i.e starting at 20 goals, 25 assists, plus-minus +10, team making the playoffs). Take it or leave it. Of course I hope they can sign Kaberle at about 4 mill per season.

I second that thought MrH.  Ryder will NOT be signed unless he takes a huge paycut.  However, i think you are underestimating his worth. Ryder will end up with 0+goals this year. I'd say he'd be in line for a $2mil/yr contract for 1-2yrs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Kaberle's next contract worth? : Quality stats to support your point.  Just one question- if he is averaging .64 points a game, how does he PROJECT to have .59 ppg by the end of the year? Wouldn't the projection by the same as his ppg now?
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Good catch.  The numbers are correct except that I calculated his career average ppg in the projected column instead of calculating a ppg for numbers projected from his current ppg.

hereś how the last couple of columns should have looked.  And I have updated the original table as well.

body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, th, td, p { font-family: "Liberation Sans"; font-size: x-small; }
    yrs team games g a points ppg
    2010-2011 TOR/BOS 59 3 35 38 0.64
    2010-2011 Projected

52.8 0.64
    Career No.s   879 83 437 520 0.59

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

It's not just about stats. Puck-moving d-men are a hot commodity, and Pan Kaberle will only be 33 years old by the end of the season. I'd consider it a discount if PC can get him for about 4 mill; however, PC's track record indicates that he might again blow away the competition with a huge offer.
    So it's time to start saving for Kaberle's contract extension, and not re-signing Ryder would be the right way to go.
    Ryder has huge motivational issues and absolutely no trade value; doesn't anybody remember last season's pathetic no-shows by #73? The B's should be happy to finally get him off their books.
    There's a place in Germany called "Konstanz", the name means consistency in English, and Mr Ryder would never get the key to that city. Anything but a one-year contract with a low base salary and some incentives for him would be absolutely stupid. I hope PC will play hardball with Ryder, but I'm afraid Julien won't let that happen (one more reason why the Bruins should get rid of Julien as well).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'd be fine with ryder around 2.5 mil. that wouldn't be overpaing for a 20+ goal scorer who can get close to 30 goals.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]i'd be fine with ryder around 2.5 mil. that wouldn't be overpaing for a 20+ goal scorer who can get close to 30 goals.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

At the risk of stating the obvious, Ryder has not scored at least 20 goals two out of the last three years and is not there yet this year either. If he is not scoring he is useless and it is not like he is going to suddenly develop anymore.

Look at our present line-up. With Kelly and Peverly signed for next year and a sophomore Seguin we do not need Ryder. He will just take up cap-space and a spot on the roster needlessly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]i'd be fine with ryder around 2.5 mil. that wouldn't be overpaing for a 20+ goal scorer who can get close to 30 goals.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    And what are you going to pay the guys who come to play each & every night plus have 30-goals potential as well, like Marchand for example? 5 mill?
    Ryder has been extremely inconsistent throughout his career, plus he didn't seem to care when Savard was felled by Cooke, yet Julien (who had no problem benching Kessel, Savard or Horton) never did a thing about our 4-mill-a-year winger playing on cruise control most of the time. Favoritism should not be part of a coach's toolbox; in my opinion Julien's strange relationship with Ryder is one of the reasons why this team seems lifeless on many nights.
    Okay, I know this thread is about Kaberle's extension with the Bruins. The Bruins should try to keep him as he makes this team better; but in Ryder's case, it would be addition by subtraction.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Kaberle's next contract worth? : At the risk of stating the obvious, Ryder has not scored at least 20 goals two out of the last three years and is not there yet this year either. If he is not scoring he is useless and it is not like he is going to suddenly develop anymore. Look at our present line-up. With Kelly and Peverly signed for next year and a sophomore Seguin we do not need Ryder. He will just take up cap-space and a spot on the roster needlessly.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't have said it better.