what is the most annoying thing on this board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

what is the most annoying thing on this board.

a recent post by fletch said stanley's predictions are 1 of the most annoying things on this board. i think the nas and chowda fued is the most annoying. any other suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: what is the most annoying thing on this board.

STUPID POSTS LIKE THIS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRUINS OR HOCKEY

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I would go with all the "trade possibilities"..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Trolls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to what is the most annoying thing on this board.:
    a recent post by fletch said stanley's predictions are 1 of the most annoying things on this board. i think the nas and chowda fued is the most annoying. any other suggestions?
    Posted by goodnewsbears

I think my constantly defending everything about the Bruins gets under some peoples skin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Because I only Post positve comments about the BRUINS and predicted 3 Stanley Cups in a row ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to what is the most annoying thing on this board.:
    Posted by goodnewsbears

To be fair, I don't really have any problem with Stanley, I just find the general clutter on these boards to be annoying.  Way to many threads, often repeated topics, and the random yammering of trolls, combine to make it hard to sift through the garbage and find the threads that are actually interesting.  If everybody posted predictions for every game this board would be unreadable.  And the predictions are not given with any good information or analysis -- there are just random whims tossed out on the board...

So, I think the most annoying thing here (generally) is the clutter.  Nash posting the same thing five times a day in five separate threads is probably the best example of this.  We get it -- you hate the Bruins.

Just more garbage to sift through and I probably miss some interesting threads that are hidden behind all of the clutter. 

More and more I scan the board and only open the threads written by a poster I recognize and enjoy, which is a shame for new posters who might have something interesting to say...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Nash 99 is starting to get on everyone's nerves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Not a regular poster, but a long time hockey fan and Bruins fan that does not drink the kool-aid. By far, reading when someone writes "I wouldn't trade (player X) because it's too early to give up on him yet" is the most annoying of all!!

The basic idea of a trade is to give something to get something. One of the main reasons players have value to another organization is the possibility that they might improve in a different situation. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Nothing, this board is an oasis in a barren land.

Actually, the Philliparazzi can be annoying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Um this whole board is annoying. Thats why I stay away. Probably my first comment in a few months and maybe the 5th time I have even visited this year. I used to go on this site every day but it is soo negative here I will continue to stay away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Topic creep. A poster will start a thread on, oh let's say...Tim Thomas. Within an hour or two the thread is now about Phil Kessel's missing nut and whether Burke has had an undiagnosed brain injury. Okay, that example didn't actually happen but it's not any more absurd than some of threads going randomly down hill on a completely different topic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: what is the most annoying thing on this board.:

Not a regular poster, but a long time hockey fan and Bruins fan that does not drink the kool-aid. By far, reading when someone writes "I wouldn't trade (player X) because it's too early to give up on him yet" is the most annoying of all!! The basic idea of a trade is to give something to get something. One of the main reasons players have value to another organization is the possibility that they might improve in a different situation. 
    Posted by mosismooses

No offense to you, but the term "drink the kool-aid" has got the be one of the most annoying cliches on this board.

As you probably know the term is a reference to the Jonestown cult which tricked their followers into drinking poison in a mass suicide.

To compare that to Bruins fans who cheer for a first place team with a 28-15 record is ridiculous, stupid, and in poor taste.  It is a shame that some are too bitter to cheer for a winning, playoff bound team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

In Response to Re: what is the most annoying thing on this board. : No offense to you, but the term "drink the kool-aid" has got the be one of the most annoying cliches on this board. As you probably know the term is a reference to the Jonestown cult which tricked their followers into drinking poison in a mass suicide. To compare that to Bruins fans who cheer for a first place team with a 28-15 record is rediculous, stupid, and in poor taste.  It is a shame that some are too bitter to cheer for a winning, playoff bound team.
    Posted by Fletcher1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

In Response to Re: what is the most annoying thing on this board. :
    Posted by mosismooses

Wow, I did a book report on the Jim Jones cult in the 6th grade, nice reference.
    Playoff bound, now that is a high aspiration in the NHL!! Keep lining Jacobs pockets you fool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: what is the most annoying thing on this board. : Wow, I did a book report on the Jim Jones cult in the 6th grade, nice reference. Playoff bound, now that is a high aspiration in the NHL!! Keep lining Jacobs pockets you fool
    Posted by mosismooses

It's a shame you can't enjoy the team, I hope the rest of your life is not so bitter.  I would suggest other hobbies that make you happy...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Last night's Bruins pre-game had a segment with Milbury, Pederson and Brickley -they all agreed on the following comments regarding the state of the Bruins.
    The Bruins record while good -did not put them with elite teams in the league. The main reason was a lack of physical intensity, tenacity and emotional play.
    They pretty much called out Horton and Krejci, saying that they are being payed to perform on a higher level, and just aren't living up to expectations.
    Seguin's play was criticized and described as flatlined and regressed. Ryder was also included as someone who didn't bring it every night. Julien was mentioned  as someone who was slow to penalize a player by taking away ice time in the past.

If anyone of those three made those comments on this board they would automatically be labeled as negative, whining and hating. That's why this board has lost it's credibility ...it's dominated by opinoins of biased posters that have turned a legitimate hockey forum - into a fan club.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Wes,
    I don't agree, I also dont disagree.. Most of those opinions have been expressed on this board.. The seguin one maybe not so blatantly, but they are all in the relm of  "right on"

About the only bruin on this team above criticism at this point is thomas, all the other b's are open for business..

where were you a few weeks ago when i said i wasnt in love with kampfer, he added one dimension to the blue line, but gave up the most defensively by taking to many risk, wasnt a popular statement, but i saw alot of what i was talking about in last nights game..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Last night's Bruins pre-game had a segment with Milbury, Pederson and Brickley -they all agreed on the following comments regarding the state of the Bruins. The Bruins record while good -did not put them with elite teams in the league. The main reason was a lack of physical intensity, tenacity and emotional play. They pretty much called out Horton and Krejci, saying that they are being payed to perform on a higher level, and just aren't living up to expectations. Seguin's play was criticized and described as flatlined and regressed. Ryder was also included as someone who didn't bring it every night. Julien was mentioned  as someone who was slow to penalize a player by taking away ice time in the past. If anyone of those three made those comments on this board they would automatically be labeled as negative, whining and hating. That's why this board has lost it's credibility ...it's dominated by opinoins of biased posters that have turned a legitimate hockey forum - into a fan club.
    Posted by JWensink

That is such BS Wensink.  I am one of the most positive people here and am regularly been called a sheep by all the bittermans.  But even I have started threads calling out Recchi, Seguin, and Krejci this season.  I agree this team isn't elite yet, and just about everything else they were saying last night.  There is nothing wrong with with complaining or questioning the team like that -- everyone here does it (people have a right to disagree too though).

But what is much more common on these boards are the bitter nonsensical rantings about the entire team, or Jacobs (?), or the calls to fire everyone after every loss.  There is a lot of empty bitter venting that makes no sense.

I have been plenty bitter about this team over the past 15 years, but you'd have to be blind not to realize how much better things have gotten in recent years (compare to the mid/late 90's). 

If you can't be pleased with a 28-15 record and first place, than the problem is with you, not the team.  Nobody is throwing a parade yet...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thanks Fletcher1

Sorry if I cant find anything negative to say about the Bruins this year , I think they are having a great season so far ...and the 2nd half could be even better, I think Seguin, Marchand and Krejci will be better in the second half, Savard will be replaced and its not a big deal (he was having a very ordinary season so far because he is not 100% ) ...Caron, Sauvé or Colborne could be called back or even better the Bruins could make a big trade (I wouldnt be surprised)  I could see something like Ryder + Mark Stuart (highly rated by all the NHL GM's) to Edmonton for Dustin Penner....(DREAM TRADE FOR ME) ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch,
    i was gonna add the point, i think the bigger issue is when someone expresses the negative, (that wens is talking about) and people counter they are usually quick to try to support their side with either, the
    drink the koolaid,
    jacobs supporters,
    sheep,.. etc etc arguement because for some reason if you are optimistic about the team your  a fool..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fletch, i was gonna add the point, i think the bigger issue is when someone expresses the negative, (that wens is talking about) and people counter they are usually quick to try to support their side with either, the drink the koolaid, jacobs supporters, sheep,.. etc etc arguement because for some reason if you are optimistic about the team your  a fool..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Exactly.  I bet I get more crap here for being positive than Wensink does for being negative.  I've already been called a "fool" in this thread.  Why?  Because I like 1st place?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

There is no balance on this forum. It's either someone is drinking the Koolaid and Jacobs sheep or they think this team will exit in the first round.

Granted, I admit that I am an apologist but if this bored wasn't so extremist, I wouldn't have to come to the defense of some of the players and management.

Other than that - trade proposals, Nash and the constant whining after one loss when the Bs win the previous 5. Pitino said it best - the negativity in this town s****.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NR,
    I think I stay pretty neutral.. Not to hot, not to cold.. Similarly i find my new trend is defending thomas, who till this season i havent been much of a fan of (i think he has always done what a goalie should do and thats give a team to win)..

but now cause rask isn't playing enough for rask fans i am constantly defending the decision to play a guy who is currently the run away winner of the vezina..

thats an issue..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Thanks Fletcher1 Sorry if I cant find anything negative to say about the Bruins this year , I think they are having a great season so far ...and the 2nd half could be even better, I think Seguin, Marchand and Krejci will be better in the second half, Savard will be replaced and its not a big deal (he was having a very ordinary season so far because he is not 100% ) ...Caron, Sauvé or Colborne could be called back or even better the Bruins could make a big trade (I wouldnt be surprised)  I could see something like Ryder + Mark Stuart (highly rated by all the NHL GM's) to Edmonton for Dustin Penner....(DREAM TRADE FOR ME) .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Good post Stanley.

Sections
Shortcuts