what is the most annoying thing on this board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Re: what is the most annoying thing on this board.

In Response to what is the most annoying thing on this board.:
    [QUOTE]a recent post by fletch said stanley's predictions are 1 of the most annoying things on this board. i think the nas and chowda fued is the most annoying. any other suggestions?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

NAS and Chowdakid may have their differences at times but they are also two of the most informed posters on this site.  There feud is far from the most annoying thing IMO and does not bother me at all.

When it comes to the OHL and prospects Chowdakid is second to none and thou I may not agree with everything NAS writes as well, I respect his hockey knowledge.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Personaly I find the Thomas vs Rask stuff silly.  They are team mates what is good for one is good for the other and what is bad for one is bad for the other.  The debate should not be Rask or Thomas but how do we maximize the performance of both because that is what is good for the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: what is the most annoying thing on this board.:
    [QUOTE]Personaly I find the Thomas vs Rask stuff silly.  They are team mates what is good for one is good for the other and what is bad for one is bad for the other.  The debate should not be Rask or Thomas but how do we maximize the performance of both because that is what is good for the team.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    Positively spot on! I cheer for both.I can't understand why that's so difficult for some.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It was either Goat or CarolinaClam way back months ago that the problem is the poster always writes with a great deal of ownership, to have others think otherwise makes them react defensively.  Now some of those posters do know their hockey, and I might say better than I.  So I read and learn.  I comment when I think I am adding to the conversation.  Most of the time I am wasting my time. Ha.  

BTW most if not all who have posted on this thread are the best for providing hockey information on this board.  Look for the names of knowlegeable fans is my focus.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Last night's Bruins pre-game had a segment with Milbury, Pederson and Brickley -they all agreed on the following comments regarding the state of the Bruins. The Bruins record while good -did not put them with elite teams in the league. The main reason was a lack of physical intensity, tenacity and emotional play. They pretty much called out Horton and Krejci, saying that they are being payed to perform on a higher level, and just aren't living up to expectations. Seguin's play was criticized and described as flatlined and regressed. Ryder was also included as someone who didn't bring it every night. Julien was mentioned  as someone who was slow to penalize a player by taking away ice time in the past. If anyone of those three made those comments on this board they would automatically be labeled as negative, whining and hating. That's why this board has lost it's credibility ...it's dominated by opinoins of biased posters that have turned a legitimate hockey forum - into a fan club.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

I agree with Brickley, Milbury and Pederson's assesment.  But there's more to that JWensink.  Tenacity, unemotional play, and intensity aren't talent issues.  They're very fixable.  The 3 guys you mentioned make logical, balanced comments, and I don't think they should be construed to mean, this team has no shot, can't be fixed, or should be blown up.  I have posted both negative and positive comments, and I respect the critical ones as much as the positive, if they both provide an element of sensibility.  I hate posts that are too optimistic, and I hate posts that are too pessimistic.  The career pessimists though, are the ones who want to argue the most, and rarely ever admit a change of heart despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  When someone suggests PC is an idiot because he doesn't have the brains to trade Ryder for a bona fide sniper...it bugs me.  It shows they have no clue about the game, and they're best logic is coming back, centers around 1 of 4 words/phrases.  Lemming,  Pom Pom, Man-Crush or Kool Aid. 
    I hate 95% of the trade posts, because most scenario's only validate the posters overall misunderstanding of the most fundamental aspects of dealing in the post-cap NHL.
    This should be a forum for well versed B's fans.  A place to discuss things in a civil manner and learn.  Disagreement should not only tolerated but encouraged.  Multiple idiotic posts should also be called out.  
    Perhaps my biggest beef, is the old adage, "everyones entitled to an opinion."    Like most old adages, they really need to be more than 4 or 5 words to get the full effect.  Yes you're entitled to an opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.  If you want to form an opinion, you also have a responsibility to build that opinion on logical, and rational thinking....and you should be willing to change it upon new information.  If you want to publish that opinion, you are also responsible to support it, and expect opposition before you get it right.

There are several solid posters I haven't seen here in a while.  I wonder if they are tiring of the content.  I hope not.  We need more insightful posts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]STUPID POSTS LIKE THIS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRUINS OR HOCKEY
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE] People who type in all caps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

posts concerning the board itself or "who's the best poster" contest, which always results in a (mostly) MAN-pile.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

The most annoying thing on this board HAS to be the idiotic "trade proposals". I can live with the line combinations, hockey fans talking about what they'd like to see and why, but the trade talk from the couch GM's is just ridiculous.

That and the know-it-all people like that dude who won't speak to me because I have fewer than 100 posts.

I like the trolls. Particularly that RMiller dude. He's funny, you have to admit. The problem with trolls is that they're taken too seriously. Lighten up people! They're really amusing if you look at it that way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Topic creep.A poster will start a thread on, oh let's say...Tim Thomas. Within an hour or two the thread is now about Phil Kessel's missing nut and whether Burke has had an undiagnosed brain injury. Okay, that example didn't actually happen but it's not any more absurd than some of threads going randomly down hill on a completely different topic.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Agree with this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

People who believe that in their opinion, this bruin forum, should be used only in the way THEY see it.

As we have read,  people get annoyed when people post trade talks - others- enjoy the trade talks.

People here have said they get annoyed at the negative talk - others have said they don't mind the negative talk.

People here have said they hate the trolls _ one person replied they enjoyed reading the trolls.

Some people here said they get annoyed reading TT vs Rask talks. Others have said they don't mind the talk.

Common theme here is tolerance. If your a Bruin fan you should be welcome to post on here. Beware to be thick skinned though as there will always be someone who dosen't agree with you. But that's okay.

If this forum just annoys the he## out of you. then I suggest not logging on.

Just my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Line combos, who cares

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

#1:  Hit and run posters.  Guys who have 43 posts over the course of three years, and all of them are about how the Bruins stink.

#2:  Hit and stay posters:  Guys like you-know-who that are here every day, starting absurd threads and just posting to bring down the B's fans.

#3:  Losses = 100 crybaby threads. 

#4:  When people start threads stating that someone said something, but never offer the actual proof supporting the fact that it was said.  I honestly apologize to everyone that I won't let those two threads die.  I know it's annoying.  It is going to continue, however, for as long as it takes Chowda to admit that he's a fraud and got caught (Stuart #2), or admit that his stats were complete junk and irrelevant (Two in the last five minutes).

#5:  "Hey, that guy on that bad team is good.  Let's talk about him endlessly for a month and make the world's most ridiculous trade offers for him."

#6:  Everything Bookboy writes.  Can't stand that guy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]#1:  Hit and run posters.  Guys who have 43 posts over the course of three years, and all of them are about how the Bruins stink. #2:  Hit and stay posters:  Guys like you-know-who that are here every day, starting absurd threads and just posting to bring down the B's fans. #3:  Losses = 100 crybaby threads.  #4:  When people start threads stating that someone said something, but never offer the actual proof supporting the fact that it was said.  I honestly apologize to everyone that I won't let those two threads die.  I know it's annoying.  It is going to continue, however, for as long as it takes Chowda to admit that he's a fraud and got caught (Stuart #2), or admit that his stats were complete junk and irrelevant (Two in the last five minutes). #5:  "Hey, that guy on that bad team is good.  Let's talk about him endlessly for a month and make the world's most ridiculous trade offers for him." #6:  Everything Bookboy writes.  Can't stand that guy!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Is #6 sarcastic? Cant tell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]People who believe that in their opinion, this bruin forum, should be used only in the way THEY see it.   As we have read,  people get annoyed when people post trade talks - others- enjoy the trade talks. People here have said they get annoyed at the negative talk - others have said they don't mind the negative talk. People here have said they hate the trolls _ one person replied they enjoyed reading the trolls. Some people here said they get annoyed reading TT vs Rask talks. Others have said they don't mind the talk. Common theme here is tolerance. If your a Bruin fan you should be welcome to post on here. Beware to be thick skinned though as there will always be someone who dosen't agree with you. But that's okay. If this forum just annoys the he## out of you. then I suggest not logging on. Just my opinion.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]
    Like your post Stuke.....bottom line is, I love talking hockey , and all things Bruins.....some very knowledgeable posters on here, and I enjoy reading other people take on our team...but you are absolutely right, we could all stand to be a little more tolerant....myself included.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Most annoying to me:

1.  The Current whipping boy-- Right now its Krejci, before that it was Rask, last year it was Lucic, Hunwick, Wideman (He kind of derserved it).

2. Overreactions after losses.

3. Trolls-- Rmiller87, Nash, Bruins8

4. Idiotic trade proposals and rumors--- its a rumor for a reason, most likely because some fool made it up.

5.  Predictions-- useless unless you are Biff from Back to the Future II and have the Sports Almanac from 2025.

6.  Anything Not-A-Shot writes--- Can't stand that guy!

7.  Just kidding on #6.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

By the way--- the booing everytime Wideman had the puck last night was ridiculous and classless.  Its not like the guy did not try when he was here-- it just did'nt work out for him here-- real Bruins fans are better then that--- or they should be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Yaso,
    thank you, I really didn't understand it, a guy who came here played a good season, got extended, and played poorly,(like the rest of the team) and then gets traded away, and goes away quietly..

What are fans booing?? that he played poorly? He is well aware of that, he also wasnt a long time bruin, certainly didnt hurt us in the playoffs where he performed great..  So were booing him for being a -18, meanwhile half the posters on the board want to bench ference for being a plus 18...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]posts concerning the board itself or "who's the best poster" contest, which always results in a (mostly) MAN-pile.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]Thank you. Posters at this site tend to be very self-congratulatory!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stanley wont reply to you? that hurts...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

1) Habs trolls particularly Nash
    2) Trade Seguin/Seguin bust/Shoulda picked skinner posts.
    3) Man Crush's both between posters and poster-player man crushes.

I cant actually put RMiller up there. I kind of liked him unlike other trolls that just fire insults from the hip hoping to clip one or two of us. He at least had a direction and you knew what his goal was. These other guys have nothing on Rmiller.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In addition to some the great points so far....

1. I see a big similarity between head shots in the NHL today and the way some poster's approach their craft. Both need more respect of the other player/poster. Here, some people will flame someone for offering their opinion when the purpose of the forums are to gather opinions (on or off the mark). To attack someone personally is uncalled for and unnecessary.

2. I can live with basic spelling errors - they're/there/their, its/it's, here/hear but a little punctuation would go a long way to help get a poster's point across.

3. Just like micro-managing is an issue in management, too many posters micro-analize the Bruins...they are too quick to criticize the smallest of issues instead of looking at the big picture to balance it out a bit and give credit where credit is due.
    For example: Bruins are 1st in division, 3rd in conference, leading in many individual/team categories, but 'Wheeler goes offside too many times' or 'Thornton shouldn't be out there in the last 5 mins of a game'....

But I have to say that one thing that doesn't annoy me is the variety of opinions - good or bad - on this board, which is why I will continue to read (and not Ignore) as many as time allows and post when I can.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to what is the most annoying thing on this board. : NAS and Chowdakid may have their differences at times but they are also two of the most informed posters on this site.  There feud is far from the most annoying thing IMO and does not bother me at all. When it comes to the OHL and prospects Chowdakid is second to none and thou I may not agree with everything NAS writes as well, I respect his hockey knowledge.
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

nas and chowda don't annoy me, just the fued.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what is the most annoying thing on this board. : nas and chowda don't annoy me, just the fued.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Chowda has two attack threads right now.  As soon as he gives the facts behind them, they will die. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I've been on this board 4 years now (had another nickname while back)  and the "thing"  that annoys me the most is the same topic coming up over and over again through the years and sorry "goodnewsbear"  this is one of those threads.   It's like "Ground Hog Day". 
    It's not your fault as you probably your weren't around when a thread like this or similar was started.
    The rest of those troll, trades, Ruins , Count Flopula , Cheap Jacob, one and done, same ol Bruins ...........  I've learned to ignore them, don't reply to them and actually sometimes find them amusing. 

Sections
Shortcuts