What is your optimal bruins lineup to start the season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

What is your optimal bruins lineup to start the season?

This is what I am thinking.

seguin-bergy- march

lucic- krejci- Horton 

pevs- Kelly- bourq

thornton- Campbell-paille

chara- boy

seidez- ham

ferrence- mcq

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: What is your optimal bruins lineup to start the season?

I'm pretty sure that will be everyone's lineup, with the one variance being who folks would want on the wing with Kelly and Peverley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear what the lineup will be with exception of a third line wing position. I like Hamilton playing with Seidenberg. Fundementally sound and defensively responsible, perfect guy for a rookie to play with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear what the lineup will be with exception of a third line wing position. I like Hamilton playing with Seidenberg. Fundementally sound and defensively responsible, perfect guy for a rookie to play with.

[/QUOTE]

That's the pairing I worry about.  Seidenberg-Corvo had stretches in the minus last year.  But that's our standard set up, and I'm fine with it.  It's possible that Hamilton will be better from the get go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Take a squirrel.  Subject it to 48 of screaming from predatory birds.  Pump it full of methamphetamine, coffee, and LSD.  Teach it to skate and hold a little stick, but upside down. 

It would still be better than Corvo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is what I am thinking.

seguin-bergy- march

lucic- krejci- Horton 

pevs- Kelly- bourq

thornton- Campbell-paille

chara- boy

seidez- ham

ferrence- mcq

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this line up but the wings are wrong position

(1) Marchand Bergy Seguin

(2) Looch Krejci Horton

(3) ???? Kelly Peverly ( C. Bourque said he would like to be on a 3rd line to use more of his offense skills, if Pandolfo shows promise at mini camp then he could be the odd man in but i would prefer to see what Bourque can do )

(4) Paille Campbell Thorn

Looking forward to see what Icedog Hamilton will do when the season begins.

Rask will also be the main center point for the Bruins sucess this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Lucic Seguin Nash

March Berg Horton

Whatever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

(3) ???? Kelly Peverly ( C. Bourque said he would like to be on a 3rd line to use more of his offense skills, if Pandolfo shows promise at mini camp then he could be the odd man in but i would prefer to see what Bourque can do )

[/QUOTE]

If Pandolfo is in the opening lineup then something is very wrong. This is not 2004. Surely the B's have more depth than that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Pandolfo is in the opening lineup then something is very wrong. This is not 2004. Surely the B's have more depth than that?

[/QUOTE]

I agree...Pandolfo should only be used in an dire emergency basis! Still a decent PK'er, but in all reality;  I think the B's should be replacing players from the bottom six with younger call-ups. I'd even use Caron, before Pandolfo. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Third line winger to go along with Kelly and Peverly is at the top of my wish list.  Bourque hasn't done much over his career to get me excited about his chances of making a difference. Caron?  Yawn.  Someone from the minors?  Pandolfo?  Not good enough.  This is the perfect spot for PC to plug in a hungry vet.  Someone who is starving for a cup that the team can draw motivation from.  The third line in 2011 had Ryder playing with those two.  Created allot of mismatches and really took advantage of the other teams bottom pairing dmen.  

Just throwing out some names.  Ryan Smyth?  Knuble? Dominic Moore? Steve Sullivan?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree...Pandolfo should only be used in an dire emergency basis! Still a decent PK'er, but in all reality;  I think the B's should be replacing players from the bottom six with younger call-ups. I'd even use Caron, before Pandolfo. 

[/QUOTE]

Yep. I am actually fine with giving Bourque a shot but not holding my breath that he is anything other than a tweener. Depth was an issue when the injuries hit last season and, based on who is competing for the few opening slots in camp it may well be again in 2013. I mean Tardiff? Really? Pandolfo? I am sure Whifield is also keeping his bags packed waiting for his mid-season call-up. Where are the youngsters?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Pandolfo makes this years team then Chiarelli should just stop drafting players, just trade all of his future picks away. Julien has done a better job of shuffling lines when the offense stalls or injuries occur so I'm fine with i've read about the lines in practice.

The PP is what I'm most worried about and why they brought Bourque in, he just might be that fix having watched him on the PP this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lucic Seguin Nash

March Berg Horton

Whatever

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, well-put...

As far as the lines, I was hoping Spooner would get a look on the 3rd line, but he just got re-assigned apparently, so it looks like Bourque will open the year as the 3rd line LW...

On D, the Bs for the first time in forever have 3 righties...

So they can match up left and right if they wanted to:

Chara - Boychuk

Seidenberg - Hamilton

Ference - McQuaid

Solid...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Pandolfo makes this years team then Chiarelli should just stop drafting players, just trade all of his future picks away. Julien has done a better job of shuffling lines when the offense stalls or injuries occur so I'm fine with i've read about the lines in practice.

The PP is what I'm most worried about and why they brought Bourque in, he just might be that fix having watched him on the PP this year.

[/QUOTE]

Good point. judging by some of the articles on this site Ward/Julien are indeed trying to raise the B's PP from the dead. If Bourque can help with that then he will be worth keeping around. Of course, his defensive acumen appears to be lacking and we all know what happens if Julien is not keen on your backchecking...a lengthy stint as a healthy scratch.

As for the drafting, has any of PC's picks that did not come via TO actually made their way to an NHL roster anywhere as a regular? Its only been, what, five years?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I were an assistant coach with the Bruins I would just show of hours of Chris Kelly backchecking to Bruins prospects "This is what Coach Julien wants of yu in your own end". Absolute study of defensive center prowess.

Bring back the scouts that worked for MOC in Boston from 2003-2006 for Pete's sake lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

heh......that is probably the only thing O'Connell should ever receive props for!!

I also wonder if Ward will finally get the hook if the PP sputters yet again. He seems quite bulletproof so far considering his, shall we say, lack of results.

Sections
Shortcuts