What? Me...worried?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

What? Me...worried?

Not a chance.

The playoffs are a couple of months away.

The present Rangers, as a team, have won neither a playoff series nor even a playoff game, ever. They're going to experience some serious growing pains - probably around the middle of April.

I still do not think there is a team in the league who can go through a playoff series against the Bruins. We shall wear them down, no matter who.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: What? Me...worried?

Rangers won't be able to sustain the way they're playing for 3 more months. 

Caron is a perfect grinder.  He's gonna score some goals in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: What? Me...worried?:
    Rangers won't be able to sustain they way they're playing for 3 more months.  Caron is a perfect grinder.  He's gonna score some goals in the playoffs.
    Posted by bim09

and they haven't had an injury to an impact player except for Staal but he was missing from last season and most of this one. Not really an impact.

Maybe they play the Habs 1st round and get eliminated ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not worried, but some worries;
    #1 and biggest - Bruins lose a few and trolls come out of the woodwork.
    #2 Horton

Hopefully the season quota of flukey goals against have all happened.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Rangers won't be able to sustain they way they're playing for 3 more months.  Caron is a perfect grinder.  He's gonna score some goals in the playoffs.
    Posted by bim09

I agree entirely. Henrik is going to be tired if he keeps facing over 40 shots like tonight. Caron's biggest problem right now is fear of failure. He's so caught up in being solid defensively that he's missing some chances to add to the forecheck. He'll come around. I like his game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

I have NEVER been more confident than I am right now. They absolutely dominated the Rangers. Yeah sure there was some flukey goals against them and Corvo sucks, but the Rangers don't get that lucky in a seven game series, and Corvo will be the seventh D man if Chiarelli knows how to put together a team (he does). If every team plays to the best of their ability in the playoffs the Bruins will repeat. Obviously, there are many things that go into winning a cup though. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

42 shots on net and Lunqvist had to make some beauties. Give the Rangers credit, but if the B's play like this they'll be alright. thats 42 shots on net, and how many were blocked?? They'll start going in, in bunches and at tthe right time too.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Um, do we ever get tired of the "We played Ken Dryden tonight" excuse?

Schneider
    Ward
    Rinne
    Miller
    Fluery
    Lundqvist

There's some excellent goalies on this list. But after awhile, the "we took 40 shots, we dominated, their goaltending is soooooo good" stuff HAS to be rethought.

These guys are good NHL goalies and yes they make good saves every night, but the Bruins are getting shut out a LOT.  They are getting outgoaltended every night. Why?  Because the offense has no drive to the net, no dirty grinding in the crease.  NO REBOUNDS. NO DEFLECTIONS. Lundqvist stops "40 shots" like tonight IN HIS SLEEP.

PLEASE stop using the excuse that we are playing Vezina-level goalies every night.  They aren't shutting everyone else out. Its our offense NOT FINISHING.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I live in NYC, and sorry to rain on the parade, but the Rangers ARE that good.  They are incredibly well-balanced on both sides of the puck.   They are not one of these President's Trophy chokers, imho.  The Caps last year had weaknesses.  The Rangers don't.  They are built well, and barring any injuries, I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. Right now, they are by far a better team than the Bs, because they are built like the Bs but even more sound defensively and with some pure scorers. As for the Lundqvist comments, that's like saying how TT would hold up after all the shots he faced last year. Tip your hats to the NYR and hope we find the right pieces to match up with them in the playoffs.  Or it could be a tough series.
    Posted by ipot

Ipot, yeah, the Rangers are good.

Good from far, but far from good. As the saying goes.

What will make them good is playoff success, and that is a few years away. But that is not a guarantee. Most of the core guys are in their thirties, so I wouldn't count on it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to What? Me...worried?:
    Not a chance. The playoffs are a couple of months away. The present Rangers, as a team, have won neither a playoff series nor even a playoff game, ever. They're going to experience some serious growing pains - probably around the middle of April. I still do not think there is a team in the league who can go through a playoff series against the Bruins. We shall wear them down, no matter who.
    Posted by Wheatskins

TAKE OFF YOUR ROSE COLORED GLASSES KID !

THE BRUINS ARE 2 - 4 - 0 IN THEIR LAST SIX GAMES AND THE WELL IS EMPTY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I live in NYC, and sorry to rain on the parade, but the Rangers ARE that good.  They are incredibly well-balanced on both sides of the puck.   They are not one of these President's Trophy chokers, imho.  The Caps last year had weaknesses.  The Rangers don't.  They are built well, and barring any injuries, I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. Right now, they are by far a better team than the Bs, because they are built like the Bs but even more sound defensively and with some pure scorers. As for the Lundqvist comments, that's like saying how TT would hold up after all the shots he faced last year. Tip your hats to the NYR and hope we find the right pieces to match up with them in the playoffs.  Or it could be a tough series.
    Posted by ipot

Very good post !

I'm as optimistic as the next person about the Bruins chances of repeating this year. But to discredit what the NYR are doing ( too many shots against, old, Lindqvist will get tired, peaking too early ) to make ourselves feel good about the Bruins chances is narrow minded ( borrowed this one from rolerhockey ). They have been playing a true team game all year long . Blocking shots, team defence and being opportunistic on the offensive side has this team playing the best hockey of any team in the league this year. I don't like the matchup with them if the B's have to face them.

Saying that, in the playoffs, all it takes is a hot goalie from another team for a week and a half for them to be upset . But if the Rangers play the way they are playing now they will be hard to beat ( for anyone ).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? : Very good post ! I'm as optimistic as the next person about the Bruins chances of repeating this year. But to discredit what the NYR are doing ( too many shots against, old, Lindqvist will get tired, peaking too early ) to make ourselves feel good about the Bruins chances is narrow minded ( borrowed this one from rolerhockey ). They have been playing a true team game all year long . Blocking shots, team defence and being opportunistic on the offensive side has this team playing the best hockey of any team in the league this year. I don't like the matchup with them if the B's have to face them. Saying that, in the playoffs, all it takes is a hot goalie from another team for a week and a half for them to be upset . But if the Rangers play the way they are playing now they will be hard to beat ( for anyone ).
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

The Bruins had a hot stretch too.

Ranger's will fade in March when they start playing bubble teams.  Take it to the bank.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? : The Bruins had a hot stretch too. Ranger's will fade in March when they start playing bubble teams.  Take it to the bank.
    Posted by bim09

LOL. Don't you feel silly saying this ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? : LOL. Don't you feel silly saying this ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I do! =D

$10 gift card they have a .500 or worse record in March.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i posted my thoughts on another thread, so this is a repeat. The Rangers played a solid road game. Lundquist was at his best, and their top skilled players were down low, blocking shots and lifting sticks. Timmy was so-so, IMO should have been Tuuka, but as I am reminded, Claude is the coach. Corvo screwed up another one. Chara was not on his usual solid game, and fumbled all night. when will they realize that Chara is not that good down low near the net? since when has he scored an in-close goal?? plus he shot wide, in close, when Lundquist was down. Caron keeps getting better as he plays, and pouliot is missing in action. The forwards did keep the Rangers pinned for long periods, but, as noted, Torts had his best offensive players helping the defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think the Bruins are in a better position to improve at the trade deadline than the Rangers are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think the Rangers are excellent, with excellent goaltending.  But, you can't say they won't choke until they actually are faced with the situation. It's impossible to predict. I do think that they are playing a style and at a level that is difficult to sustain. It will be fun to watch how it turns out.

Posted by ipot

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? : I do! =D $10 gift card they have a .500 or worse record in March.
    Posted by bim09

Trying to bet someone on a discussion board because you think you're a prognosticator is more silliness. Go to your bookie if you have that addiction !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I have NEVER been more confident than I am right now. They absolutely dominated the Rangers. Yeah sure there was some flukey goals against them and Corvo sucks, but the Rangers don't get that lucky in a seven game series, and Corvo will be the seventh D man if Chiarelli knows how to put together a team (he does). If every team plays to the best of their ability in the playoffs the Bruins will repeat. Obviously, there are many things that go into winning a cup though. 
    Posted by dalexander2424

About Corvo: Yes, he has been awful, especially lately but I would still like to see the Bruins keep him the rest of the year but make him the 7th D-man instead of say Kampfer. It's clear to me that PC needs to upgrade the defense before the deadline. Spacek, Staios......These guys have 6th D-man written all over them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah we all forget the malaise the Bs were in last year.  Despite the great play of the Rangers last night, solid in front of Lunquist, the Bs did play a decent game.  If the can get some scoring from the first line, the games like last night would have been closer.  Tighten up defensively, get the centers to be goal scorers, and slightly better goaltending would the elixir.  The road trip should be interesting.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think it's simply the case that the Rangers are a good team playing very well right now.  They have a good goaltender who, sort of like Thomas last year, is coming off of a weaker showing last year with something to prove (that is, two years ago, Thomas was off...).

But I don't worry much about there being other good teams.  I leave it to Leaf fans to covet all of the talent in the league so that the opposition is a bunch of milquetoasts.  I think this Bruins team has enough finish, enough grit, enough versatility that they will once again have every opportunity to win in the playoffs if they play their game.  Nash or whoever else is the e-harmony bachelor of the week isn't likely to change that (Nash would have made zero difference last night).

It's hockey.  You never know until they play the games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I think the Rangers are excellent, with excellent goaltending.  But, you can't say they won't choke until they actually are faced with the situation. It's impossible to predict. I do think that they are playing a style and at a level that is difficult to sustain. It will be fun to watch how it turns out. In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? :
    Posted by OatesCam

I don't think it will be difficult to sustain Oates, because they're built that way.  They are good.  They're sound defensively, and they have gifted scorers.  That's a playoff recipe for success, but like you say..it's impossible to predict.  For those that disagree, check out how many times great teams got bounced in the first round.  It happens quite often.
      I didn't think the Rangers were that good last night.  The allowed the B's way too much, but they didn't miss their assignments in the really important area's.
    The good news is that the B's are really playing beneath themselves right now.  They're the leagues highest scoring team, and their playing like the lowest.  They're one of the elite as far as team defense, and now they're playing like around 27th.  Despite that they're still "in" these games(cept Buffalo).
    Slumps don't happen overnight, and it takes time to work out of them.  The league is so balanced right now.  It takes incredible luck to win a cup.  The Rangers are really good, but so was Vancouver last year.  Who thought Montreal and Vancouver would do so well the year before.
    This is a great time for a slump.  Bet your boots, the Rangers will have one before game 82 is in the books, and there's only one way for the B's to go...up..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? : Trying to bet someone on a discussion board because you think you're a prognosticator is more silliness. Go to your bookie if you have that addiction !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I do!

Sections
Shortcuts