What? Me...worried?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Re: What? Me...worried?

In Response to What? Me...worried?:

BRUINS are 2W-8L vs NYR since 2009.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I am getting fed up with all this talk about how Caron is this and Caron is that.  Caron is a JAG as I have said before many times.  I hope that he is part of whatever package PC moves out at the deadline.  There is always an excuse for this kid.  He is afraid to make a mistake, he doesn't have the right line mates.  Enough already, look at all of the other young kids around the league that are excelling. Henrique, Read, Hodgson, Hagelin, Schenn, etc....  These guys are playing on playoff teams and playing for some tough coaches and they are producing.  Caron needs to grow a set or move on!  His only prupose right now is to be Tyler's friend and room mate, and he isn't even good at that!  The way people talk about this kid is the same way they talked about Captain Caveman, and he was moved on as well, and lookey there, the Bruins won without him, go figure!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I feel like Caron gets more credit than he deserves. He has done as much if not less than Hamill and everyone criticizes him.

Lets be serious, Caron has a lucky bounce goal, a setup from Hamill and a few assists. How does this make Caron better than Hamill?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

easy there MeanE... every kid you just mentioned , when talking about caron, has had no worries about losing their roster spot or playing time.or benn shipped back and forth to their ahl team about ten times . i really like caron and yes i can agree with you that he needs to have no fear about making mistakes. however, he is on a line thats gets barely 12-14 mins. a game and are always being preached to about shutting down the other teams. plus he is what, 20 or 21 years old!.. something is happening with pouliout.. he was really playing well about two weeks ago but lately he has been awful. im also glad that chiarelli didnt do a impulse extension for kelly for his former hot streak because he has done nothing offensively lately..  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: What? Me...worried?:
    [QUOTE]I am getting fed up with all this talk about how Caron is this and Caron is that.  Caron is a JAG as I have said before many times.  I hope that he is part of whatever package PC moves out at the deadline.  There is always an excuse for this kid.  He is afraid to make a mistake, he doesn't have the right line mates.  Enough already, look at all of the other young kids around the league that are excelling. Henrique, Read, Hodgson, Hagelin, Schenn, etc....  These guys are playing on playoff teams and playing for some tough coaches and they are producing.  Caron needs to grow a set or move on!  His only prupose right now is to be Tyler's friend and room mate, and he isn't even good at that!  The way people talk about this kid is the same way they talked about Captain Caveman, and he was moved on as well, and lookey there, the Bruins won without him, go figure!  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

A+ post, but Captian Caveman = Stuart im guessing? If so this might be the best nickname for a hockey player EVER !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]easy there MeanE... every kid you just mentioned , when talking about caron, has had no worries about losing their roster spot or playing time.or benn shipped back and forth to their ahl team about ten times . i really like caron and yes i can agree with you that he needs to have no fear about making mistakes. however, he is on a line thats gets barely 12-14 mins. a game and are always being preached to about shutting down the other teams. plus he is what, 20 or 21 years old!.. something is happening with pouliout.. he was really playing well about two weeks ago but lately he has been awful. im also glad that chiarelli didnt do a impulse extension for kelly for his former hot streak because he has done nothing offensively lately..  
    Posted by newenglandah[/QUOTE]
    You are making my point.  21 years old, 12-14 mins., he has to shut down, shipped back & forth.  Those are excuses!  Simply play your buttocks off and none of these things are a problem!  Hit someone every once in a while for crying out loud!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Interesting article pointing out that this is nothing new for the B's under Julien.  They always seem to have period or two during the season where they struggle for a few weeks.  Usually during FEB/MAR.  If this was baseball it would be the "dog days of summer". 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/02/15/bruins-winter-slump-not-concerning-becoming-annual-ritual-for-juliens-squad/

I think the Bruins are fine.  They may need a tweak here or there at the deadline, and Horton's injury may make it necessary for a move for a top 6 forward, but this team's still easily one of the favorites to win the Cup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What? Me...worried?:[QUOTE]I live in NYC, and sorry to rain on the parade, but the Rangers ARE that good.  They are incredibly well-balanced on both sides of the puck.   They are not one of these President's Trophy chokers, imho.   The Rangers don't.  They are built well, and barring any injuries, I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Big "IF", you are getting caught in the New York hype machine Ipot during February and remember what happened to Callahan when Chara broke his leg last spring the Rangers went down hill real fast.

The playoffs are a long way away for the presidents cup holders if they even win it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

worried about their recent slump.... nope. worried about them getting a top 3 seed... nope. worried about them playing the rangers in the playoffs... yup. they are the one team standing between the bruins and a cup repeat. they seem to have all the answers for the b's, and top on that list is henrick. simply put, he owns the bruins. let's all hope he pulls a hammy.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]I am getting fed up with all this talk about how Caron is this and Caron is that.  Caron is a JAG as I have said before many times.  I hope that he is part of whatever package PC moves out at the deadline.  There is always an excuse for this kid.  He is afraid to make a mistake, he doesn't have the right line mates.  Enough already, look at all of the other young kids around the league that are excelling. Henrique, Read, Hodgson, Hagelin, Schenn, etc....  These guys are playing on playoff teams and playing for some tough coaches and they are producing.  Caron needs to grow a set or move on!  His only prupose right now is to be Tyler's friend and room mate, and he isn't even good at that!  The way people talk about this kid is the same way they talked about Captain Caveman, and he was moved on as well, and lookey there, the Bruins won without him, go figure!  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    MeanE, I would submit to you Brad Marchand. A guy who I openly maligned his first year and felt as you do about JC. I said he had no skill.  Soft on the puck.  Behind every play.  He turned into an awsome hockey player his second year.  So did Segz.

So you may wanna hold off on your condemnation just yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The Rangers are playing at their best right now and my opinion is the Bs are going through a lull (missing Horton and other players on suspension has caused CJ to juggle lines plays into that). CJ's doing his usual tamper with the lines mid season in case he needs to change it up in the playoffs.

No doubt that the Rangers are a very very good team, just think the Bs aren't playing that well right now and will pick it up.

Not having Horton really changes the complextion of the lines. You go from having 3 very good lines to 2.

Soft 2nd goal and bad D on the third, it's not like the Rangers smoked the Bs last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the thing is... the bruins are 2-8 vs the rangers over the past two years. i'm fairly certain not all those games took place during the bruins yearly slump. be it october or march, during a slump, or not during a slump,the bruins don't score on lundquist. i'll certainly be pulling for whoever they matchup against in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? : MeanE, I would submit to you Brad Marchand. A guy who I openly maligned his first year and felt as you do about JC. I said he had no skill.  Soft on the puck.  Behind every play.  He turned into an awsome hockey player his second year.  So did Segz. So you may wanna hold off on your condemnation just yet.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

I am glad you brought up Marchand, he had a 20 game stint with the B's and did worse then Caron did in his 23 game stint last season.  However in his second stint with the club, Marchand worked his tail off on the 4th line and forced his way into the top 6.  He didn't make excuses.  This is Caron's second stint with the big club, and he looks worse then he did in this first.  I see no heart from this kid.  I am not holding off, I think he is Hamil in a bigger body and until he proves otherwise, I am sticking with it.  Too many free passes by Bruins fans who like to make excuses for their own.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Show me a team that played a gritty, in-your-face, shot-blocking, defense-first style from beginning of the season to the end, without slumps and en route to a first overall finish and a Stanley Cup and then I will agree with you that it won't be difficult to sustain.  NHL history is littered with teams that battled hard night-in, night-out and had great regular seasons only to lose in the playoffs to a more talented team that finished lower in the standings but didn't give it all until it mattered.  Think of any recent Sutter coached team.  But I think you agree with me, because you did say that slumps are inevitable.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? : I don't think it will be difficult to sustain Oates, because they're built that way.  They are good.  They're sound defensively, and they have gifted scorers.  That's a playoff recipe for success, but like you say..it's impossible to predict.  For those that disagree, check out how many times great teams got bounced in the first round.  It happens quite often.   I didn't think the Rangers were that good last night.  The allowed the B's way too much, but they didn't miss their assignments in the really important area's. The good news is that the B's are really playing beneath themselves right now.  They're the leagues highest scoring team, and their playing like the lowest.  They're one of the elite as far as team defense, and now they're playing like around 27th.  Despite that they're still "in" these games(cept Buffalo). Slumps don't happen overnight, and it takes time to work out of them.  The league is so balanced right now.  It takes incredible luck to win a cup.  The Rangers are really good, but so was Vancouver last year.  Who thought Montreal and Vancouver would do so well the year before. This is a great time for a slump.  Bet your boots, the Rangers will have one before game 82 is in the books, and there's only one way for the B's to go...up..
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

i see what you are saying MeanE, but im not looking at him and making excuses. i think its more validating why he plays the way he does.. he knows that claude wants it a certain way and if he doesnt do that he's back down in providence.. im sure he has more offensive skills that he could break out but if he just goes crazy on his shifts , he may impress you and i , but i would almost guarantee thats not what claude wants.. i dont think caron is going to be an all star by any means.. but  a net front prescense with good hands and tough along the walls, venturing anywhere from the 1st and 3rd lines, is what im hoping the b's have with him.. plus i like rooting for the underdogs... to an extent

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]i see what you are saying MeanE, but im not looking at him and making excuses. i think its more validating why he plays the way he does.. he knows that claude wants it a certain way and if he doesnt do that he's back down in providence.. im sure he has more offensive skills that he could break out but if he just goes crazy on his shifts , he may impress you and i , but i would almost guarantee thats not what claude wants.. i dont think caron is going to be an all star by any means.. but  a net front prescense with good hands and tough along the walls, venturing anywhere from the 1st and 3rd lines, is what im hoping the b's have with him.. plus i like rooting for the underdogs... to an extent
    Posted by newenglandah[/QUOTE]

I don't think that what CJ asks for is too difficult.  He reiterated last night in the post game presser that "We are a checking team that scores...That's our identity!"  If you are 21 and trying to fight for a roster spot and hear your coach say this, what are you going to do?  Float and look invisible on the ice, or are you going to bust your hump and hit everything that moves, especially when you are 6'3" 204 lbs.  He needs to have some jam to his game and to me he is soft!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

I would love to see him have a little more "jam" but i think that will come with confidence ( did i just make another excuse!) to end this fun debate, (which i honestly mean becuase i love talking about guys that arent main topics or mentioned in every message board. ) i like watching him play , i like rooting for him and im really hoping he finds a little more confidence in his game and realizes what a force he could be.. i hope he is not intimidated because he just hasnt realized he actually can push every day nhl players around . i dont think he has sneaky skills. i think he is a slower, power forward who excels with puck control and has a pretty good shot.. now lets just see it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Show me a team that played a gritty, in-your-face, shot-blocking, defense-first style from beginning of the season to the end, without slumps and en route to a first overall finish and a Stanley Cup and then I will agree with you that it won't be difficult to sustain.  NHL history is littered with teams that battled hard night-in, night-out and had great regular seasons only to lose in the playoffs to a more talented team that finished lower in the standings but didn't give it all until it mattered.  Think of any recent Sutter coached team.  But I think you agree with me, because you did say that slumps are inevitable. In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we pretty much agree.  Maybe just a little different interpretation to the word "sustain".  I don;t think they need to win the cup, in order to consider their game sustainable, and "all" teams have slumps...every single year.
    Defense first, shot blocking, gritty teams win the cup a lot.    Last years winner is a pretty good example.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yeah, last year's cup winner is a great example!  I guess my point is that people are saying how good the Rangers are. I don't think that they are more talented than other teams, more that Torts is cattle-prodding them to win every game. I don't think that's a good idea.  Claude lets his team slack off a bit at times, then steps up the intensity and focus at playoff time.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? : Yeah, we pretty much agree.  Maybe just a little different interpretation to the word "sustain".  I don;t think they need to win the cup, in order to consider their game sustainable, and "all" teams have slumps...every single year. Defense first, shot blocking, gritty teams win the cup a lot.    Last years winner is a pretty good example.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, last year's cup winner is a great example!  I guess my point is that people are saying how good the Rangers are. I don't think that they are more talented than other teams, more that Torts is cattle-prodding them to win every game. I don't think that's a good idea.  Claude lets his team slack off a bit at times, then steps up the intensity and focus at playoff time. In Response to Re: What? Me...worried? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I agree that Torts can wear a team down and his shelf life isn't up there.  I think the Rangers are really good, but I think the Bruins are too.  Yeah, the Rangers have won both so far this year.  Big deal.  Nothing much in those games that gives me any reason to panic.  Vancouver won the first 2 games in the finals last year too.  Even if I wasn't a B's fan, I would not bet against them vs the Rangers.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts