What monster would you take?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What monster would you take?

Backes just this 2nd period had about 5 killer hits on King players going down on their behinds.  That's captain trying to set an example.

The other captain responds and Brown goes to hit Backes.

I wouldn't know whom to choose but I'll go with Dustin, I think he has just a bit more offensive talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: What monster would you take?

Backes. Always been one of my favorite non-bruins. 

Having two of the three Selke finalists on the same team with the best shutdown defenceman and one of the best goalie tandems would be tough to deal with.

Like both players though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How could it be the Kings wanted to trade him ???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I think he's kinda like Nathan Horton. Can be a complete beast at times, but can also disappear for stretches. Both have been pretty clutch for their teams when it counts though.

They were frusturated when they were losing all those 2-1, 1-0, etc. games, but theysure do  look amazing now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Backes for me, but it's close.  Huge guy, plays in every situation, wins faceoffs but can also play wing.  He'll fight too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Man, to me it's a coin flip.  Both are 27.  Both have topped 30 goals with Backes getting 31 to go with a career high of 62 pts. in 10/11.  Brown had 33 to finish with 60 pts. in 07/08.  He's scored over 20 goals for each of the last 5 seasons.

Backes has done it 3 times in the same time frame.  We know both are aggressive players not reluctant to take the body but at 6-3, 225 compared to Brown's 6-0, 207 I'll take Backes.  Tough call.  I'm a fan of both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'd go Backes.  The Canucks signed him to an offer sheet when he was a RFA, but the Blues matched.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Most of the comments back Backes but survey says ......... Brown

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What monster would you take?:[QUOTE] How could it be the Kings wanted to trade him ??? Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Dean Lombardi laughed at every rumour that the Orange County Register and LA Times tried to throw out there, Brown was never in play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: What monster would you take?:
    [QUOTE]Most of the comments back Backes but survey says ......... Brown
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Okay I'll give you a Brown comment.

I chose him because he has always played a physical style even way back in Guelph when he played with Dan Paille. He may not be as big as Backes but his hits are as hard as a bigger man. He knocks players on their azzes. And he usually has his hit count up near the top of the league.

I love "his style of play" ( for BB ) with no need to look up his point totals to like him ( for BH ).

P.S. like Backes also.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Considering the Kings are up 2 games to 0 and Brown has twice the amount of points (including a game winner) so far in the playoffs I would prefer Brown. Less of a penalty magnet, just as agressive, and a more consistent producer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'll take....Both.
    Both these guys would make excellent Bruins. Not that either are coming here but they fit here like a glove given their style of play, etc.

SanDog...Yeah, I couldn't buy in to any Brown trade rumors either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wesman. Show wesman's posts

Love the way both those guys play.  Would take either one, or that type of player, on the B's.  Heavy, but with a motor.  Chris Neil, too, as much as I hate to say it.

It seems like Lucic used to hit with this kind of authority, but since that Van Ryn check, it's almost like he's dialed down the thump.

Anyone else sense this...that he'll hit, but it doesn't have the edge or impact it used to?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Excluding size, Bergeron plays the same game as Backes. So my vote goes Brown.  Dreaming!  It would take Lucic and a draft pick!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: What monster would you take?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What monster would you take? : Dean Lombardi laughed at every rumour that the Orange County Register and LA Times tried to throw out there, Brown was never in play.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I believed it because MacKenzie kept on saying the rumor was true.
    Maybe Lombardi dangled him just to see what was out there but if it wasn't a Suter for Brown trade it wasn't going to happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Would love to see Brown in a B's jersey but wouldny give up what it would take to get him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd be happy with either, USA Hockey has to love this, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Brown, just a little more of an impact player for me and seems to have a little more upside offensivley.

Loved it when Backes when on his Team Canada Fighting tour right before the last Olympics, can't wait for the next one, John Quick has already solidified his spot in net if you ask me and it will be interesting to see how U.S fares this time with expectations on them.