What now??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

What now??

Ok any ideas on how we can wake this sleeping bear?? The way we are playing now does it matter where we finish? Someone needs to step up now and correct this sinking ship in a hurry or we face a one and out in the Playoffs.

My take on looch is that he is not in a good place at the moment, and ever since he became a dad his game has turned. If you recall he left the team to return back to Boston for personel reasons when they travelled to Winnipeg.  Lets hope all is ok with his family. As for Horton he needs to sit for a game or two in the press box.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: What now??

In response to Ramz's comment:

Ok any ideas on how we can wake this sleeping bear?? The way we are playing now does it matter where we finish? Someone needs to step up now and correct this sinking ship in a hurry or we face a one and out in the Playoffs.

My take on looch is that he is not in a good place at the moment, and ever since he became a dad his game has turned. If you recall he left the team to return back to Boston for personel reasons when they travelled to Winnipeg.  Lets hope all is ok with his family. As for Horton he needs to sit for a game or two in the press box.

3 games in 4 nights...let's not set the panic buttons just yet...

...the B's are close to clinching a playoff spot and it's time to get guys healthy and ready for that...hopefully they'll have a full squad ready for the start of the playoffs and will get back to the game that helped them win a cup.

I'd rather they peak in playoffs than win a division...let's get Bergeron and Marchand back and get back to the game they are capable of playing...

...I'll tell you something, I can really understand how much Bergeron means to the team since he's been out...just winning faceoffs alone, not to mention his solid two-way game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sask-Bs-fan. Show Sask-Bs-fan's posts

I can see Looch holding back a bit in regular season. When he goes out and bangs and throws some hits, he usually gets a bad penalty call due to his reputation as well as his occasional brain f art. Playoffs, usually they let em play a bit more and that lends itself to his physical style more.

Plus if you where a player, would you give 110% every night just to get a better playoff spot? Do they care who they play first round really? When the Bruins are healthy and motivated, they can beat anyone. 

I just hope they can turn it on when the time comes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

See my whole analysis of the situation on : Beaking out,,Lack of it ..discussion

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Rest assure that ( as mentioned 3 games in 4 nights) after this the fine tuning will likely begin, last night no marchand bergeron hamilton, mcquaids 2nd game back its a mess but not a bad mess. Thankgod its the last back to back game, and altho theres really little time for practice, the coaches have to do alot of video watching, scouting the other teams, get healthy, and look out.

We all know this team is capable of beating anyone, the ingredients are there, time to choose which are put together and let the chemistry begin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Seriously!!! Are we getting all bent about a 2-1 loss to NYI, missing some major pieces of the team. Really. This is what, 1 game in a row loss? 

Come on, stop this snivelling. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Its not about the loss  PS i think its more concerns of this team clening up there defensive zone coverage better, finally getting some lines glued together and play a more consistent game to there style, win or lose theres just too much talent here that are playing subpar, grant it as ive stated forever, the shortened season affects every team and its the now thats affecting the Bs.

We all see a different game than the coaches etc, but one thing we all have in common is, we know this team is better that there performance, not about wins and losses but about putting in a good effort . Cant rely on the goaltending forver to bail them out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Seriously!!! Are we getting all bent about a 2-1 loss to NYI, missing some major pieces of the team. Really. This is what, 1 game in a row loss? 

Have you even been watching this team? It's not about last nights loss. They are not good right now, and their lack of intensity is alarming. They look old and slow. Lucic and Horton can't even make the simplest of plays. They no longer stick up for each other. Injuries and the schedule are no excuse. Every team suffers them. Unless they somehow get it in gear, a first round exit would not be a surprise. I hope I'm wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I have my worries too, but I just can't get too concerned after a 6 and 1 streak, plus 2 games in 2 nights. Missing Bergie, Lil Ball O' Hate, Hamilton, and McQuaid just coming back.

We all want a win every night, and loosing to the Islanders is distasteful. "Like really, THE ISLANDERS. Come on, ever body beats them." Except that isn't so true anymore. They have finally gotten it together, so expect them to win once in a while. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Once in awhile is an understatement. I said that the Bruins should have won before the game because they have a chance to win almost every game they play. For the record they are the hottest team in the East right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Not to be all debbie downer, but Looch hasn't exactly lit it up during the playoffs. I wouldn't wait for him to magically flip the switch. It's why some of us have been beating the drum to break up the Krejci line. I don't see upside on keeping those guys together when ALL 3 could benefit from a change of scenery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Have you even been watching this team? It's not about last nights loss. They are not good right now, and their lack of intensity is alarming. They look old and slow. Lucic and Horton can't even make the simplest of plays. They no longer stick up for each other. Injuries and the schedule are no excuse. Every team suffers them. Unless they somehow get it in gear, a first round exit would not be a surprise. I hope I'm wrong.

My thoughts exactly!!  We need a leader in the room to call out the slackers and it's worrying to know that all teams have had the same sched but the bruins are not the same team that started the season. I'm not saying they can't play with the best of them, but it's just not the Bruins that Hit bang and fight. The same Bruins that after the game is done, you know that you just played the bruins!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think it's simply a matter of time before they start to gel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think all the rosy feelings are swell.  But the poor play has been here fo a while.  It predates this 3 game stretch, it predates the Marchand injury, the Bergeron injury, the trade deadline debacles and success.  I believe the lack of clean puck movement in our zone and through the neutral zone has been here all season.

I am not jumping off the bandwagon, but if this team turns it around it will be a pleasant surprise for me.  During the Stanley cup year I believe we had a 20 game slump or so in the third quarter that we came out of. 

I see some signs that we are coming out of the slump.  I can see the talent is there, especially when Bergy and Marchand come back.  We have good depth.  So the pieces are there but the rosy outlook, must be aided by rosy lenses rather then the hocky I have been watching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForeverBruins. Show ForeverBruins's posts

Have you seen my Big bad Bruins Lately ??? Damn i miss their Drive to win .....make an effort ...play THE WHOLE GAME ..BECAUSE CLEARLY.....we are missing A lot of opportunities  ....YES WE ARE MISSING TWO GREAT PLAYER BERGY AND MARCHAND

......so while we wait our Bruins NEED'S TO STEP -UP a Notch .....and play like they mean it ....DON'T GET ME WRONG I love my Bruins ....always have always Will I AM NOT BASHING THEM ,,,BUT SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO EXPRESS What we feel

.....I STAND BY THEM ALWAYS ....NO MATTER WHAT ........SO COME ON GUYS .....YOU CAN DO THIS ......YOU HAVE THE HEART .....YOU HAVE THE GUTS ....ALL YOU NEED IS A KICK IN THE BUTT ......GO BRUINS GO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

My thoughts exactly!!  We need a leader in the room to call out the slackers and it's worrying to know that all teams have had the same sched but the bruins are not the same team that started the season. I'm not saying they can't play with the best of them, but it's just not the Bruins that Hit bang and fight. The same Bruins that after the game is done, you know that you just played the bruins!!

No.  That's why it's been brought up by so many people in the know.  Everybody plays 48 games, but what's hit the B's so hard, is the fact that they've had to play an incredibly lop-sided amount of those games in March and April.........(18 in Jan,Feb......30 in March, April)  Most teams have played 3 fewer games in that span, and while that may not seem like a lot....it allows some breaks of 4+ days to recharge, heal, and rest.  The Bruins have been playing virtualy every other day, and they were on the road disporportionately.  Having 9 of the final 14 at home is a bit of a silver lining though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

No.  That's why it's been brought up by so many people in the know.  Everybody plays 48 games, but what's hit the B's so hard, is the fact that they've had to play an incredibly lop-sided amount of those games in March and April.........(18 in Jan,Feb......30 in March, April)  Most teams have played 3 fewer games in that span, and while that may not seem like a lot....it allows some breaks of 4+ days to recharge, heal, and rest.  The Bruins have been playing virtualy every other day, and they were on the road disporportionately.  Having 9 of the final 14 at home is a bit of a silver lining though.

Well I guess we will have our answer in a months time.

Sections
Shortcuts