What number pick will Toronto's 1st rounder by???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

What number pick will Toronto's 1st rounder by???

After the Leafs made a brief rise in the standings, it now appears there is a chance for a high lottery pick again.  The Devils and Isles are on fire right now.  The Oil have won 3 straight(unreal for that team). 

Could the Bruins once again get a top two pick???  As of tonite, the TOR pick is 5th... can't believe how great it has been to root against TOR every game and root for all teams underneath them in the standing for the last 2 seasons!!!
    Will miss that next year!

What is the consensus for that pick??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: What number pick will Toronto's 1st rounder by???

Probably 4 or 5, unless we get lucky and win the lottery, jumping us to 1. Toronto should beat out NYI, EDM, FLA. I think NJ will pass them shortly, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to What number pick will Toronto's 1st rounder by???:
    [QUOTE]After the Leafs made a brief rise in the standings, it now appears there is a chance for a high lottery pick again.  The Devils and Isles are on fire right now.  The Oil have won 3 straight(unreal for that team).  Could the Bruins once again get a top two pick???  As of tonite, the TOR pick is 5th... can't believe how great it has been to root against TOR every game and root for all teams underneath them in the standing for the last 2 seasons!!! Will miss that next year! What is the consensus for that pick??
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]
    Unlikely we get a top 2 pick (unless we get very lucky in the lottery). The best we could realistically hope for is the #3 (might be stretching it), or a #4. If we get the #3 or #4 pick we will likely come away with Sean Couturier (who'd be a perfect fit for CJ's system, and I think he's the best player in the draft...but that's just me) or Gabriel Landeskog. If we get the #5 or #6 pick (both are very likely), we will come away with a defensemen. After the top 6 or so, the talent gap goes down quite a bit. If we get #5 or #6, we will come away with Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Murphy, both of whom are talented offensive defensemen, although I prefer Murphy (on pace for 25 goals in the OHL).

So, long story short, to answer your question, I think we'll be at #5. Thus getting Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Murphy (whoever the B;s brass prefers). If this happens, hopefully they pick Murphy. Just my 2 cents.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

If we're at 5, I could see PC making a move to move up and grab the member of the big 4 he wants (RNH, Couturier, Larson, Landeskog). I think he'd like Larson, but I'm hearing RNH is really starting to turn heads and that Landeskog is a real champion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: What number pick will Toronto's 1st rounder by???:
    [QUOTE]If we're at 5, I could see PC making a move to move up and grab the member of the big 4 he wants (RNH, Couturier, Larson, Landeskog). I think he'd like Larson, but I'm hearing RNH is really starting to turn heads and that Landeskog is a real champion.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    If that were the case, I'd hope PC makes every effort possible to get into the top 4. Believe it or not, those "prime four" will indeed go 1-4. In what order? I don't know. Rest assured though, that at #5 or #6, we'd be picking one of the two offensive defensemen, and with the latter pick, likely the one who has not been chosen yet.

Larsson is going to go into the top 2. There's no doubt about that. If RNH (who could very well be taken 1st overall) goes #1, I don't see how either the Sens or Oilers (whoever is #2) can pass on Larsson. If PC wants Larsson, it'll cost a heck of a lot. I too think that Larsson is #1 on PC's draft board (just purely a guess). However, I really do think that Couturier is the best player in the draft. IF, and it's a BIG IF, he's available at #4, we should try and trade up to get him (although I think he'll go #3).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

If To keeps the same roster we will have a top 5 pick...Burke is stating that he is not done though... is it just a bluff...could be.  If i was the owner knowing that every night is sold out i would wait for next year before spending more money...but then again not everyone is logical in the NHL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

It'll be a #4 pick.... Assuming we don't get lucky in the lottery.
    Devils will pass the Laffs! NYI will run out of steam. My prediction for the bottom of the standings is...

26: Florida
    27: Toronto
    28: NYI
    29: Ottawa
    30: Edmonton

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I'd agree with most that Edm and OTT will be the bottom 2. After that it's a crap shoot.  I have no doubt that the Isles will pass Tor in the standings-they are hot right now. FLA could go either way but i think they are a little better than TOR. TOR has been streaky all year.  When they get in a slump they are just plain awful.  Hopefully they start one soon! 

I'm guessing the pick will be from 3-6.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

It will 7, 8 or 9th. There what ?  tied with  2 teams with 57 and 3 behind from being 9th. I dont see a top 5 this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE]It'll be a #4 pick.... Assuming we don't get lucky in the lottery. Devils will pass the Laffs! NYI will run out of steam. My prediction for the bottom of the standings is... 26: Florida 27: Toronto 28: NYI 29: Ottawa 30: Edmonton
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

You can't overlook Coldorado now remember.  Matt Duschene is out and they haven't won a game in forever.  It's possible Colorado might drop right down to the bottom 3. 

Personally I think the Leafs have played over their abilities of late and are due for a few consecutive losses.   Without Beauchemin, Kaberle (their best offensive D-man), and Versteeg (perhaps their best all around forward) they should lose some steam.   Then again, Aulie who's been called up has looked like a stud, and Schenn is very much a stud already on their blue line.   If Grabo, Kessel and Kulemin heat up and Reimer keeps playing as well as he has, their pick could drop all the way down to #9 or 10.

I'm predicting a #5 pick myself with the Leafs ahead of Edmonton, Ottawa Florida and Colorado.  Possible #6 depending on Atlanta getting back on track.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]It will 7, 8 or 9th. There what ?  tied with  2 teams with 57 and 3 behind from being 9th. I dont see a top 5 this year.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Wally-it's true that they could easily move up in the standings with a couple of wins.  I just don't see that happening.  They're dismantling the team.  They struggled against OTT last night and a couple of teams below them are the hottest in the league right now (NJ and NYI) over the last 10 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Leafs without Kaberle are worse I think.

I watched the game last night against the Sens and the Leafs played with the same energy that they did against the Bruins.

And lost.

Against the Sens.  Neither team scored.

The Islanders don't need to have that much steam to overcome the Leafs.

This pick could easily become #3.  Easily.  Plus - look at the Leafs schedule.

Tough schedule.  3 games against the bottom feeders from here on out - 1 against the Devils, but I don't consider them bottom feeders anymore.

02/22/11 Leafs NY Islanders *
    02/24/11 Leafs at Montreal    
    02/26/11 Leafs Pittsburgh  
    02/27/11 Leafs at Atlanta    
    03/02/11 Leafs Pittsburgh  
    03/03/11 Leafs at Philadelphia    
    03/05/11 Leafs Chicago  
    03/08/11 Leafs at NY Islanders   *
    03/10/11 Leafs Philadelphia  
    03/12/11 Leafs Buffalo  
    03/14/11 Leafs Tampa Bay  
    03/16/11 Leafs at Carolina    
    03/22/11 Leafs at Minnesota    
    03/24/11 Leafs at Colorado  
    03/26/11 Leafs at Detroit  
    03/29/11 Leafs Buffalo  
    04/02/11 Leafs at Ottawa   *
    04/05/11 Leafs Washington  
    04/06/11 Leafs at New Jersey    
    04/09/11 Leafs Montreal  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]The Leafs without Kaberle are worse I think. I watched the game last night against the Sens and the Leafs played with the same energy that they did against the Bruins. And lost. Against the Sens.  Neither team scored. The Islanders don't need to have that much steam to overcome the Leafs. This pick could easily become #3.  Easily.  Plus - look at the Leafs schedule. Tough schedule.  3 games against the bottom feeders from here on out - 1 against the Devils, but I don't consider them bottom feeders anymore. 02/22/11 Leafs NY Islanders * 02/24/11 Leafs at Montreal     02/26/11 Leafs Pittsburgh   02/27/11 Leafs at Atlanta     03/02/11 Leafs Pittsburgh   03/03/11 Leafs at Philadelphia     03/05/11 Leafs Chicago   03/08/11 Leafs at NY Islanders   * 03/10/11 Leafs Philadelphia   03/12/11 Leafs Buffalo   03/14/11 Leafs Tampa Bay   03/16/11 Leafs at Carolina     03/22/11 Leafs at Minnesota     03/24/11 Leafs at Colorado   03/26/11 Leafs at Detroit   03/29/11 Leafs Buffalo   04/02/11 Leafs at Ottawa   * 04/05/11 Leafs Washington   04/06/11 Leafs at New Jersey     04/09/11 Leafs Montreal  
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Agree about the schedule but to say the Isles don't have enough steam to beat them- they have won 7 of 10.  I hope the B's can match that steam down the stretch!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Without the lottery jump I say we get 3rd pick. In this draft anywhere from 1 - 7 will give a great return, let hope our scouts do their work.

Go B's

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Likely 4 or five. Edm and Ott are lost causes and I do not think Jersey has enough in the tank to pass Toronto despite how they have been playing lately. Either way it should be a hell of a pick:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Likely 4 or five. Edm and Ott are lost causes and I do not think Jersey has enough in the tank to pass Toronto despite how they have been playing lately. Either way it should be a hell of a pick: http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

NJ is just 3 pts behind the Leafs, they don't have to play as well as they are playing now to surpass them - and they will.

FLA and COL tumbling lower are the problem.

Agree - nothing Edmonton or Sens can do now to save themselves, too bad, Anderson is hot for the Sens now, but they are too far back to make a difference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Couturier, even factoring in RNH's size issues, seems the most likely to be a bust. Reminds me of Chris Gratton/Patrik Stefan. Good size, okay skating, good character, decent hockey IQ. I don't know if there is anything special in his game, though he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses either. I'd hope we take someone else.

Also, if we pick 5, I'd bet like hockeyguy that we take a defenseman, but Huberdeau is really starting to get some serious attention, so he may be a guy to look out for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to What number pick will Toronto's 1st rounder by???:
    [QUOTE]After the Leafs made a brief rise in the standings, it now appears there is a chance for a high lottery pick again.  The Devils and Isles are on fire right now.  The Oil have won 3 straight(unreal for that team).  Could the Bruins once again get a top two pick???  As of tonite, the TOR pick is 5th... can't believe how great it has been to root against TOR every game and root for all teams underneath them in the standing for the last 2 seasons!!! Will miss that next year! What is the consensus for that pick??
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]
    ............................................I''m hoping that without KABERLE, things get worse for TO before bottoming out. This could be another #2 pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Couturier, even factoring in RNH's size issues, seems the most likely to be a bust. Reminds me of Chris Gratton/Patrik Stefan. Good size, okay skating, good character, decent hockey IQ. I don't know if there is anything special in his game, though he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses either. I'd hope we take someone else. Also, if we pick 5, I'd bet like hockeyguy that we take a defenseman, but Huberdeau is really starting to get some serious attention, so he may be a guy to look out for.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Huberdeau is deserving of the attention.He's put up points consistently all year while being flanked by 2 other draft eligible players(Jurco and Phillips).In Saint John they're referred to as the Bachelor line.It seems the only thing Coutourier has over Huberdeau is size but as scorers they're near equal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I disagree DC. Couturier's IQ is off the charts. He's a big body, plays physical and is hard to get off the puck. His defense is nearly flawless, he picks off passes left and right, you'd think he was a defensemen. He's a good passer, and has a decent shot, and can play RW (if need be).

I do agree, however, that his skating could use some work. I think he'll be a much, much more offensively talented version of Jordan Staal. Has a little bergy in his game too.

The thing that concerns me about Huberdeau is his weight. He's only about 160, and he'll need 2 years or so to get use to the physical play. No doubt he's a good player though, and you could say the same for RNH, although I think RNH is a much better player. No doubt JH is good though!

As for the #5 slot. If we do get it, I'd rather choose Ryan Murphy over DOugie Hamilton. People say Murph doesn;t have great size (5'11/175-180), but it's not as if DOugie Hamilton is a monster (although he's 6'3, he only weighs about 182).

If, and it's a BIG if, considering how other teams (Colorado) are slipping, we get the #4 pick, I'd LOVE to see them take Gabriel Landeskog. Kid can play both wings, a good shot and tremendous vision.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=67025

I agree with Adam Kimelman Dougie Hamilton is who I think the Bruins should get he's who I would pick if the draft were today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]                      http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=67025 I agree with Adam Kimelman Dougie Hamilton is who I think the Bruins should get he's who I would pick if the draft were today.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    When was that last updated? 2 weeks ago? It has the Avs about 8 spots higher than what they are now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pictureguy. Show Pictureguy's posts

Ottawa and Edmonton are going to "battle it out" for last place in the League...and the first overall pick...Jersey will over take Toronto (and many other teams) in the standings, which leaves the Islanders, Toronto, Colorado and Florida for picks 3 thru 6.
    That is where Toronto will finish getting a high lottery pick probably 3 or 4.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What number pick will Toronto's 1st rounder by???:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What number pick will Toronto's 1st rounder by??? : When was that last updated? 2 weeks ago? It has the Avs about 8 spots higher than what they are now.Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Mix n match the picks the way you want. You don't have to agree with any prognosticator it's who you want the Bruins to pick not an updated list.

I don't care where the Avs finish why should you ? They are not going finish worse than TO which is the point of the thread why I have to explain this to you I don't know...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree DC. Couturier's IQ is off the charts. He's a big body, plays physical and is hard to get off the puck. His defense is nearly flawless, he picks off passes left and right, you'd think he was a defensemen. He's a good passer, and has a decent shot, and can play RW (if need be). I do agree, however, that his skating could use some work. I think he'll be a much, much more offensively talented version of Jordan Staal. Has a little bergy in his game too.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Jordan Staal is the comparable most experts throw out there for his ceiling and I think that's appropriate from what little I have seen. Would I love a J.Staal on our team? Asbolutely, but I don't think Couturier will get there for a couple reasons (listed below) and the downside risk is more off-putting than for the other members of the big four (except maybe RNH whose downside is being physically overmatched in the AHL).

Does Couturier really play a physical game, though? I'd say Couturier's physical play is pretty much like Wheeler's -- good grinder, can absorb hits, but doesn't really throw them. Obviously, though, this helps with puck possession/distribution, but I am concerned that he won't be able to do the same in the bigs (like Gratton).

However, my comments about his hockey IQ are based solely on what I've read about the guy, so I can't disagree too strongly with you there.