What other hockey do you watch?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

What other hockey do you watch?

I tend to only watch the B's when I can, 10 - 15 games. I rarely watch other games, even if there are 2 good teams, like the Chicago SJ game the other night. Couldn't be bothered. I do however watch a lot of Playoff hockey, as I feel it is just so much better. Last year I saw a lot of Chicago, Philly, Detroit, Nashville and of course the Bruins. 

I do like to stay at the arena after I take my girls public skating, and watch some of the Rep Hockey. Still my favorite to watch. Kids trying to emulate the moves of the Pros, and tripping over their own feet. It makes you remember what it is all about. Great game this one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: What other hockey do you watch?

There isn't much jr. around here in MA., and it does not compare in any way to Major jr., but they play their hearts out every last second.  Seriously.  I recall a team getting blown out 8-1 and with about 12 seconds left someone went to the net hard and the goalie was just as aggressive, huge collision, no one hurt, any pro team would have played out the clock for the last 12 seconds in an 8-1 game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

My Town and the 3 surronding it all have pretty good Junior teams(by our standards).

But people who play Juniors round here(boston area) are mostly just what we call Public Hockey All Stars. AKA they are good but not good enough and the absolutely love to rub thier hockey skill in the face of people like me. Who gets to play maybe once week due to work, GF, school, and other responsibilities.

I do however love to watch Catholic Memorial and BC high game every year. Those kids are straight up nasty hockey players and they are playing in a rivalry that matches Habs Bruins. These are the kids that usually wind up playing college hockey at a good level the Junior leagues around here are full of kids not good enough to make college level. But too good for HS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I love watching any college hockey.  I watch mostly Division I, but because there are so few D-I programs (<60), I find that D-3 is really fantastic too.  Cheap tickets and you can sit or stand right on the glass.  I grew up watching NESCAC hockey (Bowdoin College, Williams College, Middlebury, etc.) and I am still not sure if it gets any better than that.

Small, quaint little rinks with rowdy student body crowds and a very high level of skill.  I could sit by myself and watch a double header, no problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

No time but for my kids hockey at this point, 3 kids, 1 with town and club, 1 with town, club and h.s. and 1 in college.  Get to see the college one the least, too far away :-(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

Comcast has a show NHL on the fly wich is great for catching a re-cap of all the nhl action.  They also do a rookie watch which is pretty cool too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

It varies year to year.
    Last season and the season before I probably watched about 150 NHL games, and twenty college hockey games during the regular seasons, and thirty or forty playoff games.
    This year work is insane so I've only seen about 12-15 of the Bruins games and six or seven of the other NHL games.
    OTOH, this year I have my first fantasy team, and I've got Bruins, Sabres, a Leaf, a couple AVS, some Blackhawks, and a few others on it...

In Response to What other hockey do you watch?:
    I tend to only watch the B's when I can, 10 - 15 games. I rarely watch other games, even if there are 2 good teams, like the Chicago SJ game the other night. Couldn't be bothered. I do however watch a lot of Playoff hockey, as I feel it is just so much better. Last year I saw a lot of Chicago, Philly, Detroit, Nashville and of course the Bruins.  I do like to stay at the arena after I take my girls public skating, and watch some of the Rep Hockey. Still my favorite to watch. Kids trying to emulate the moves of the Pros, and tripping over their own feet. It makes you remember what it is all about. Great game this one.
    Posted by perrysound

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Was getting NHL center ice, but the scrutiny on the budget made it difficult this year.  Even THN was eliminated as a subcription after 25 years.  I may break down though in the next couple weeks and get NHL center ice so I can survive through the "cabin fever" days of winter.  Snowshoeing is not enough.  The Bs are a must each time they play, Versus is on each time, and I stream some games although I need a 40" HDMI LCD to accomodate my view.  I will catch some live games this winter no doubt.  Monarchs in Manchester are also in the plans.  Should have been born in Canada for one reason, hockey!  BTW, I am tired being a fourth class citizen in NE.  The Bs need to reestablish hockey in NE!  Where is the Belichick/Brady combo with the Bs?  Hopefully in the near future for this hockey fan!  

OCD/Troll disclaimer: Like most fans who post here JJ is not a favorite, but he is not to blame any more since the advent of the cap.  I have learned and moved on.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I try for every Bruins game, and watch as many Leafs and Habs games (I hate both so much) as I can when the Bruins aren't playing and I feel like watching hockey. In the playoffs, I watch every game I possibly can as the level of play is incredible. I always watch the highlights of the prior night's games on the TSN website.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: What other hockey do you watch?:
    I love watching any college hockey.  I watch mostly Division I, but because there are so few D-I programs (<60), I find that D-3 is really fantastic too.  Cheap tickets and you can sit or stand right on the glass.  I grew up watching NESCAC hockey (Bowdoin College, Williams College, Middlebury, etc.) and I am still not sure if it gets any better than that. Small, quaint little rinks with rowdy student body crowds and a very high level of skill.  I could sit by myself and watch a double header, no problem.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Saw the 3rd period of a  Mite game last week.5-4 final.Boy were those little ones fun to watch.Thats what its all about.Kind of like the pond in the old days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Niagara Ice Dogs Junior A (live/ TV)
    Niagara Pennisula junior B (live)

Use to attend every home town jr. b game and home town junior a on weekends.
    Now with two PT jobs I am limited to attend live gms. So now I watch the games on the tele. local cable if I get chance to attend live I will go. TV is not the same as live.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Like every knowledgeable hockey fan, I always watch the World Junior Championships...

Halifax, Nova Scotia -- Home of the Canadian Interuniversity Sport Champ, St. Mary's Huskies and just across the bridge from Sid Crosby's house...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Like every knowledgeable hockey fan, I always watch the World Junior Championships... Halifax, Nova Scotia -- Home of the Canadian Interuniversity Sport Champ, St. Mary's Huskies and just across the bridge from Sid Crosby's house...
    Posted by RMiller87

Yes, the WJC. We've seen Bure, and Crosby, and Ovie, and Hall, and Eberle, and the list goes on and on.... Must watching. I still remember the beating that Ovie took from Crosby and Team Canada. I was so pumped to watch that game, and it was a let down cause of the job they did to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Entirely erratic depending on my schedule.  If I have an evening free, I'll watch the best available game whether that's NHL, Major Junior, AHL....  I have to play a lot of catch-up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not that much this year, as most of it I'm overseas, and there's not much hockey in West Africa. Watch all the Bruins games I can online. I'm home for a bit now so I am trying to get to as many Vancouver Giants games as I can while I'm here.

Last year I went to a lot of midget games for my nephews (it's my oldest nephew's junior draft year and he's lighting it up, so I wish I could watch him this year) and went to about 15 Pacific International Junior Hockey League games (a step down from the CHL). It's a really physical, tough league. A couple of fights a game at least.

When I'm in Canada I also like NHL on the Fly - great way to check out a lot of teams without committing to watching a full game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Like every knowledgeable hockey fan, I always watch the World Junior Championships... Halifax, Nova Scotia -- Home of the Canadian Interuniversity Sport Champ, St. Mary's Huskies and just across the bridge from Sid Crosby's house...
    Posted by RMiller87

Man like to take your seriously.  Long term teacher who believes in the human condition.  But, hey, love hockey so......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Like I mentioned in another thread, it looks like I'll have to start watching some WWHL now too, maybe the Clarkson Cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Not that much this year, as most of it I'm overseas, and there's not much hockey in West Africa. Watch all the Bruins games I can online. I'm home for a bit now so I am trying to get to as many Vancouver Giants games as I can while I'm here. Last year I went to a lot of midget games for my nephews (it's my oldest nephew's junior draft year and he's lighting it up, so I wish I could watch him this year) and went to about 15 Pacific International Junior Hockey League games (a step down from the CHL). It's a really physical, tough league. A couple of fights a game at least. When I'm in Canada I also like NHL on the Fly - great way to check out a lot of teams without committing to watching a full game.
    Posted by red75

Which part of West Africa?  I have spent time in Angola myself working offshore there...Luanda is a beautiful place!!  Hahaha 

I watch All the Bruins games I can and any other NHL game which looks interesting at the time. World Junior Championships, Olympic Hockey(mens and womens), Local Junior hockey, and Minor Hockey league games as I am at the local rink pretty much everyday helping out with the kids... I have two daughters who play Minor Hockey and I coach.  Bruins Hockey has been my passion since I first saw Bobby Orr on TV...I was 4 years old at the time I think!!!  Go Bruins!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Mainly Mali (literally in Timbuktu) Burkina Faso, and Togo - doing a long lead story on Doctors Without Borders as well as other pieces as they come up. I love it, but you can't let your guard down really.

And Luanda - armpit of the planet lol. I was there about 7 years ago to interview Francisca Van Dunem (world renowned lawyer). I was so sad to leave :p

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, a sincere post about hockey from RMiller, I like it, keep it up.

And, I agree that the WJC is about as good as anything you'll find in the hockey world.

For our Canadian friends, you're probably not that interested in college hockey, but the Frozen Four is another tournament that is a whole lot of fun.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I am interested in college and university hockey, but our stupid mainstream media in Canada will barely even mention CIS hockey up here.

Sure, Hockey East and the NCAA teams destroyed the CIS teams in competition back in October 2010, but a couple of teams like UNB and Lethbridge held their own and actually won their games.  CIS champ, SMU, could probably hold their own against many NCAA competitors as well. 

When the Frozen Four tournament is open to CIS teams, I'll pay more attention.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The UBC Thunderbirds just joined the NCAA, so we'll likely start to get more college hockey coverage in Canada, especially as more canadian campuses join the NCAA (from what I've read the biggest stumbling block is Title 9 - American universities abide by it, Canadian ones don't). Not sure how the T-Birds are doing this year though, or if they have a shot at the Frozen Four - likely not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The Habs, the Bruins (when they're not playing opposite Montreal), and the QMJHL. I see a good amount of HS hockey due to being a broadcaster in Maine. And some AHL on occasion as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Habs, the Bruins (when they're not playing opposite Montreal), and the QMJHL. I see a good amount of HS hockey due to being a broadcaster in Maine. And some AHL on occasion as well.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Where can I access your broadcasts?I live in New Brunswick so I'm privy to a great deal of maine media and would be happy to support a fellow hockey fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Bruins obviously.  And I try to catch NHL on the Fly as much as possible.
    WJC
    Hockey East (Go UMaine!!)
    Massachusetts High School Hockey (mostly Catholic Conference games as I went to a CC school but I follow Div 1 as a whole)

And the Olympics with NHL'ers has been some of the best hockey I've ever seen.

Sections
Shortcuts