What PC does now will

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

What PC does now will

Have a huge effect on next years roster. He has 2 scenerios to work with, the first we all know is rental players to help there playoff chances. But looking forward to next year heres his delima. only 18 players under contract with (this includes savards ltir ) had 10 mil in cap space.

He needs 2 forwards to bring the roster up to 12 forwards as horton and pandolfo ufa along with caron, daugavins and mcdermit rfa.  I can see signing caron to about 2.5 or the Bs get an elc in with lets say koko or use existing ones like spooner etc.

The defense for next year they have on contract, chara, mcquaid, seids and boychuk, hamilton (elr) leaving krug and bartowski making it 7 d. Ferrence  and johnson ufa, i see johnson signing for about 1.5.

Goaltenders.. Rask RFA gonna demand i am sure 5m or more. and Khuds is ufa likely if not traded at the deadline, will be in a new uniform as the Bs wont wanna pay high price on him so i see sveds coming in or even subban possible because there elc. All this if this is the way its set you can see that the Bs will have maybe 2 m in space next year, meaning that PC really is stuck with rentals this year at the deadline unless he trades away a high contract for another one such as lucic ( just an example. So all the talk and dreams of getting a ryan or st louis is just ludicrous.

My real point is here that PC is faced with a huge challenge and if anything alot of obstacles in the way, so this team is blessed with alot of prospects and a good future so lets keep the future and hope with what we have now will entertain us enough to be excited for next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: What PC does now will

I agree taht unless you're picking up something that will help you in the next years as well, stand pat. If you can grab st louis do it. he has a great contract and is still productive. pay a premium for that, no one will have a problem with it. I think the market is going to be really weird in the off season.  

http://capgeek.com/?charts_year=2013&salary_cap=%2464%2C300%2C000

a lot of teams are in a cap nightmare.

Jordan Caron will NOT get 2.5 million from any team in the NHL. The bruins probably won't tender him because he hasn't earned 1.1 yet. that's ludicrous.

Rask might get 5 million, he might sign short term again so he can have the threat of UFA status. If he does that he'll get 4-4.5.

Khudo might get picked up, but I don't think anyone is going to be knocking down his door with 2 million a year. 

Ference (I still don't get why 90% of this board misspells his name) will probably be let go, and the way he's playing I really don't think Horton gets more than 3 mill, Johnson certainly won't get 1.5 from the Bruins. I'm happy starting the year with bartkowski as the 6th D (and i think Chiarelli hinted at that in his presser).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

oh, and fyi, i would try to move kelly in the off season. spooner is ready to take over third line center. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

interesting read

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

oh, and fyi, i would try to move kelly in the off season. spooner is ready to take over third line center. 

I haven't seen enough of Spooner in the NHL to determine this yet.  I sure hope it's true, but trading a kick ace third line center to put the AHL-tested guy in for full time duty isn't something I would want to see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Caron is not worth 2.5 M.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

Caron is not worth 2.5 M.

Caron is not even worth a two-way contract. He has not produced in the NHL or AHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Peverley and/or Kelly will have to be traded or bought out. Plus Boston still has Savard's LTIR and then in about 2 or 3 years the cap will back at $70M.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I haven't seen enough of Spooner in the NHL to determine this yet.  I sure hope it's true, but trading a kick ace third line center to put the AHL-tested guy in for full time duty isn't something I would want to see.

I dont see how Kelly being on this team and Spooner being on this team are mutually exclusive.  Spooner has played some wing in the AHL and considering that his commitment to defense is still coming along, it may make sense to break him in at wing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Peverley and/or Kelly will have to be traded or bought out. Plus Boston still has Savard's LTIR and then in about 2 or 3 years the cap will back at $70M.

Pev will have to be traded....phew you just made my day ...his 2nd worst season in his career , he couldnt even score in an empty net...what a waste...