What team would you follow is the Bruins didn't exist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Penn State. Show Penn State's posts

What team would you follow is the Bruins didn't exist?

Just like the title asks, if the Bruins' organization just folded at the end of the season and didn't relocated, which NHL team would you take your allegiance to?

I have a feeling more people would answer with a western conference team since its easier to hate the eastern teams due to conference battles.

I think I would have to say Chicago, as they are the only other Original Six team that I can stand and has a strong hockey tradition much like the Bruins'.

What about you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: What team would you follow is the Bruins didn't exist?

I live in Montreal but too much hate for me to ever root for them.

Reckon I'd be a Flyers fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I don't know, life would seemingly be over.  I might retreat to the woods and live in a tree fort while scouring the forest floor for berries, legumes and mushrooms. Either that or Toronto....sigh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Penn State. Show Penn State's posts

Very true Rufus. I think I would have to give up hockey for a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

gotta be the wings... growing up with the adirondack red wings was great as a kid. those 90's cup teams were full of all the guys a grew up watching/going to camps with in the 80's. there still is a place in my heart for the wings, but i'm married (for better or worse) to the bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

The 2 teams I sort of follow anyways.

New Jersey and Anahiem. My icon growing up the person I modeled my game after was Scott Stevens, IDC what anyone says about him he is one of the greatest defenseman I have ever seen play. No1 dominated a game in the way he did that I have ever seen. Just a physical monster, also Broduer was the man.

I also have just always been a fan of Ana. Like the type of players they have Getz, Ryan, Perry, Pronger etc... Just a good hardworking physical team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I have always loved the red wings, avs (have a brother that lives in CO), 'yotes (was born in AZ) and panthers (have a brother that used to work as their neurosurgeon), and i used to love the pens (penguins are one of my favorite animals)... not so much anymore, but i do have a penguins mug...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

got to see osgood, draper, primeau and probert cut their teeth in pro hockey. they won the calder back to back in 92-93(i think), and those players were the base for the mid 90's - present wings teams. i think draper was the last of that old group of adirondack guys. now we have the phantoms(flyers)... and i go to a few games a year, but have a hard time rooting for them.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Gotta start over from scratch.  Instead of jumping on another teams bandwagon (Washington would be my choice), I'd rather pick an up n commer.  Oilers

If I wanted to go east coast for easier games to catch -- Philly, but only because they just flipped their roster so it is kinda starting over

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Teams I like other than the Bruins.

New Jersey - both my sons cheer for the Devils as my older son started watching a lot of hockey during Scott Stevens reign of terror in Jersey

Ottawa - leaf fans hate them so I would love to see them win a Cup before the Leafs

San Jose - if big Joe is there - I am still a fan and I think he gets a bad rap.  He has played very well the last two play-offs winning and has turned himself into a good two way player

Pittsburgh - if Sid is playing - I am a big Crosby fan.

Honourable mentions - Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, Calgary and perhaps Winnipeg

In the I wouldn't cheer for them if hell froze over - Toronto, Montreal, NYR and Vancouver has been added

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I always liked the Quebec Nordiques likely because of their hatred for Montreal.If Quebec had a team I would cheer for them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Hartford Whalers

Oh wait, they don't exist either...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Wouldn't follow hockey until they brought back the Bs to the NHL as I would be too pissed at the NHL for letting Boston fold.

That being said, the NHL would never let a Boston hockey team die.

Usually root for underdogs outside of the Bs as is. So in this hypothetical Edmonton would be my team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I was in this situation in the NFL . So I have experience with the question. I am a Cleveland Browns fan ( don't laugh ) and went 3 years .......no 3 long years following the NFL . I just cheered against teams and didn't pick up a favourite. I'd probably do the same in the NHL if something happened to the Bruins.

Good question . Different !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's kinda like asking who would you love if your wife didn't exist.  I'm loyal in all aspects of life so I would feel dirty no matter who I chose.  But if I had to give an answer I would say Megan Fox because she's really hot. In the same way I would probably say Pittsburgh right now, because Crosby is the definition of a hockey player and I like to watch him play and succeed, though I don't like the Penguins as a team at all.  I like the trades the Flyers made this past season and they may have set themselves up for long-term success in the way the Bruins did with the Seguin trade (I've decided to stop calling it the Kessel trade, Seguin is the centerpiece there). I like watching well-managed teams. The Oilers play the game a fun way and have a ton of young talent. Traditionally the Sens have been my hockey mistress because I have a family connection to the founding of that team, but man, Brian Murray is a terrible GM and ruined everything it took 10 (or more) years to build. Watching them self-destruct over the last 3 or 4 years was like rubbing your eyes with sandpaper.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to Re: What team would you follow is the Bruins didn't exist?:
    I was in this situation in the NFL . So I have experience with the question. I am a Cleveland Browns fan ( don't laugh ) and went 3 years .......no 3 long years following the NFL . I just cheered against teams and didn't pick up a favourite. I'd probably do the same in the NHL if something happened to the Bruins. Good question . Different !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Sorry Chowdah, a chuckle got out before I read the don't laugh part :)

Also I would go with the Devils because my friend who was a Devil's fan was the one who got me into hockey, so I watched them alot and knew the team. I'm also a huge Parise fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

as a Ct. native i was a Whalers fan, they are gone so i moved on to the Bruins, if they were gone too........maybe the Leafs or the Penguins

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to What team would you follow is the Bruins didn't exist?:
    Just like the title asks, if the Bruins' organization just folded at the end of the season and didn't relocated, which NHL team would you take your allegiance to? I have a feeling more people would answer with a western conference team since its easier to hate the eastern teams due to conference battles. I think I would have to say Chicago, as they are the only other Original Six team that I can stand and has a strong hockey tradition much like the Bruins'. What about you?
    Posted by Penn State

Minnesota North Stars cause they were on the old Weaties box. Anyway, the Blackhawks. Great uniforms. By the way the undertaker did a fantastic job on JOEPA. He looks natural.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Flames, because Iginla is amazing or Buffalo because Miller is.

In Response to What team would you follow is the Bruins didn't exist?:
    Just like the title asks, if the Bruins' organization just folded at the end of the season and didn't relocated, which NHL team would you take your allegiance to? I have a feeling more people would answer with a western conference team since its easier to hate the eastern teams due to conference battles. I think I would have to say Chicago, as they are the only other Original Six team that I can stand and has a strong hockey tradition much like the Bruins'. What about you?
    Posted by Penn State

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Penn State. Show Penn State's posts

Living in PA my whole life as a Bruins' fan, I've had to deal with terrible Flyers and Penguins' fans so I could NEVER bring myself to become a fan of either team. I would rather become a Columbus Blue Jackets fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Hawks or Leafs. No one else.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Living in PA my whole life as a Bruins' fan, I've had to deal with terrible Flyers and Penguins' fans so I could NEVER bring myself to become a fan of either team. I would rather become a Columbus Blue Jackets fan.
    Posted by Penn State

What area of the Keystone State do you live?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThirdJersey. Show ThirdJersey's posts

In Response to Re: What team would you follow is the Bruins didn't exist? : What area of the Keystone State do you live?
    Posted by watchtower

I'm in PA too... hating both the F's and Pens... I would have to go with the 'old' North Stars!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from big_bad_bruins. Show big_bad_bruins's posts

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS!!!! JR!!!

Sections
Shortcuts