What Teams Should REALLY Learn from the Kings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: What Teams Should REALLY Learn from the Kings

As constituted the B's are good enough & deep enough to make the playoffs and make a run. As Book said, you don't win the Cup in August or even December. One of the young guys could seize the opportunity and grab a spot on the 3rd or 4th line and be a pleasant surprise when it comes to goals, and by committee the rest of the team makes up for Jarome's 30 gls. If not then PC has right up until the trade deadline to make a deal and i bet he makes a move sooner if the goals aren't coming as expected.

You will never find a more wretched hive of SCUM and VILLAINY.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It wasn't offense alone that did in the Bruins. There were terrible defensive gaffs that Seidenberg and McQuiad would not have made. There is a track record to look at. 

Obviously Chiarelli didn't think it was worth addressing. Still no Orr to speak of. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"But..but you'll have to up give a lot for that player and he might sign somewhere else after the season!"

See Gaborik

[/QUOTE]

Im not sure why pc didnt go all in on the list of good players available.  I dont think there is a team in more of a win now mode then the Bruins.  Especially last year where they had Iggy on a one year deal.  

[/QUOTE]

I think it's because at the trade deadline, the B's were a virtual juggernaut. I think simply PC thought they were strong in all areas save defense and the way they were playing decided that even though 2/3 of the D was rookies they only needed a secondary veteran presence. Hindsight proved that a mistake, but I don't really fault PC for not reinventing the wheel or attempting to bring in a big scorer.

LA brought in Gaborik because their offense was putrid. Lombardi happened to hit a grand slam with the pickup.

Sections
Shortcuts