What to do with Rask: No, not another trade TT Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What to do with Rask: No, not another trade TT Thread

Rask is an RFA and due for a raise next year. There are plenty of teams who need a true starter with lots of cap space (CBJ, EDM,FLA, COL, TB) or teams with crazy GM's (CHI, TO, SJ) who could give Rask a ridiculous offer sheet.

If Rask does get an overgenerous offer what do you think PC will do? Will he match it at all costs or take the picks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: What to do with Rask: No, not another trade TT Thread

Anything offered over $3.5 I'd let him go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It may depend on where the cut-offs end up.  $3.5 is a probably a good estimate, but I think it will be a tough pill to swallow if that isn't in the 1st & 3rd range (this year it was).  I don't know how much that cut-off moves, it was $3.1ish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If it were $3.5 mill I would keep him. It would not be too many picks at that price anyway. 4 or more and and I would cut him loose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

this years ranges were as follows (2 websites had the same numbers so i'm assuming they are accurate)

6. $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation
  7. $1,034,249 — $1,567,043: Third-round pick
  8. $1,567,043 — $3,134,088: Second-round pick
  9. $3,134,088 — $4,701,131: First and third-round pick
  10. $4,701,131 — $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick
  11. $6,268,175 — $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third
  12. $7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

13. anything under that 3.1 number he would have to match.  If a team is crazy enough to offer over 4.7 he walks.

If an offer comes in 3.1 - 4.7 range thats higher then he's comfortable paying, he then has to decide if its better to take the pics, or match the offer and trade him for a potentially better package.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I agree with Neecic, although a team offering him $4.7M or more wouldn't be that crazy after some of the moves we saw last offseason, especially the Buffalo signings.

If the Bruins decide to let him walk for the picks, or match and then trade him for a better package, I hope that they don't sit on a bunch of future assets, and instead end up making moves to aquire players that should make an immediate impact.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Trade TT.  It's simple. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

he is also more likely to match an offer by a team like san jose then he is a team like columbus just due to the quality of the pics coming back.