What to offer Krejci?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: What to offer Krejci?

In Response to Re: What to offer Krejci?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to offer Krejci? : I do believe Krejci will reach 90 points at some point in his career. People seem to forget he is only 25 in a defensive oriented system. I am not backing off that statement. I feel he will do it at some point in his career. He certainly has the talent to do it. Since when is 5 million to 5.5 million #1 Center money? That is what I see him getting from the Bruins. Where did I say he deserves # 1 Center money? He has to show more consistency over a longer period of time before he gets 6.5 to 7 million. As far as stats go he led the NHL on a stanley cup winning team in points while playing in all 3 zones while one of his wingers had a brutal playoffs. You seem to only care about stats, and that is fine if you are into hockey pools. Personally, I rather see my team win cups with players who can handle the pressure of the playoffs & elevate their play when games get more important which Krejci has continually shown. But you made the statement that there is no comparison between Bobby Ryan-David Krejci and Anaheim's GM would laugh at that proposal. To me that comment is laughable. You could make a fair arguement for either guy  but the comparison between the two is certainly not lopsided in either guy's favor.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    Saying Lucic had a "brutal playoffs" is certainly a stats-driven argument. Lucic was head and shoulders above the rest of the forwards in checks delivered. It would seem you're under estimating the importance of the space Lucic creates for his linemates. I bet DK knows how valuable Lucic was to the playoff run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What to offer Krejci?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to offer Krejci? : I do believe Krejci will reach 90 points at some point in his career. People seem to forget he is only 25 in a defensive oriented system. I am not backing off that statement. I feel he will do it at some point in his career. He certainly has the talent to do it. Since when is 5 million to 5.5 million #1 Center money? That is what I see him getting from the Bruins. Where did I say he deserves # 1 Center money? He has to show more consistency over a longer period of time before he gets 6.5 to 7 million. Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Ok you like Krejci more than I like Ryan fair enough. Why keep Krejci if he isn't going to be your #1 center then ? I think building teams will be willing to out bid Chiarelli and make him a #1 center for a Mil more a year.

I don't think the argument that Julien's system prevents players will hold water on this board anymore, Savard had 25 goals with 88 points under Claude and most believe that Seguin could be a 50 goal scorer in this league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wow, SanDog has been combattive this week.  What's up Dog?  Forced to work on Thanksgiving or something?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Debating is more like it allot more tame than most in the past. I can handle posters disagreeing with me and I understand what Newfie is getting just don't agree with everything. Maybe the Tryptophan induced knaps make me grouchy :shoulder shrug" who knows.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Debating is more like it allot more tame than most in the past. I can handle posters disagreeing with me and I understand what Newfie is getting just don't agree with everything. Maybe the Tryptophan induced knaps make me grouchy :shoulder shrug" who knows.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Honest debate is what it's all about S-Dog. You're just good at it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci does nothing on the PP he is terrible can't thread the cross ice pass and Bobby Ryan has scored 30+ goals 3 times no comparison, Murray would laugh at Chiarelli if that was the offer straight up.

a little bit harsh but i have to agree with you Sandog....

you forgot to mention he's on the fragile side too....

let's not lose common sense and start throwing JJ's hard-earned doe as if it was confetti at a wedding just because this group brought us the long-awaited Stanley....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

#1 C is starting to remind me of the ol' Justice Stewart "I know it when I see it."

Last year, sheerly by point production, Krejci and Bergeron were 21 and 25 in production among centres.  In a thirty team league, that makes them #1 C in terms of scoring.  It's also worth noting that last year, only two C in the entire league had more than 82 points - Sedin and Stamkos.  So whatever your expectations are for a #1 C, make sure you're measuring with the right stick.  I'm willing to bet that if the majority of people saying Krejci and Bergeron aren't #1 Cs tried to list more than 10 players who ARE, they'd have a hard time.  Who do you add to this list: Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Sedin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Thornton, Getzlaf, Brad Richards...maybe Backstrom?  And if that's the list, you're not talking about #1Cs, you're talking about franchise players who play centre.

And not to bait the Dog, but - "what has Edmonton done with their first round picks...?"  Doesn't look like they're in the Yakupov/Dumba sweeps, but if they'd signed Kessel instead of Toronto, it's entirely possible the Bruins would have Hall and RNH on the roster.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Book, In the sense that instead of Tambellini keep picking the best player (usually a center) available why not phone Chiarelli ? The reason I lop the Oilers in, when mentioning Krejci, is because they have 26Mil to spend this off season and will be in need of a veteran center. I mean how would David look feeding Eberle, Hall and RNH ahh real good in the eyes of an arm chair QB like me. Also I think the Oilers have re-bulit just fine but a proven center like #46 coming in with Smyth, Gagner and Hemsky more than likely leaving this summer.

@DaysOf Orr Don't get me wrong I like Krejci allot, wouldn't be mad if they resigned him and me thinks he has tremendous talent (which has me scratching my head with his difficulties on the PP).

If Tambellini calls at the deadline or before arbitration meetings this summer I'm listening cause Edmonton has the picks n prospects to pry a guy like David away from Boston is all.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to offer Krejci? : Saying Lucic had a "brutal playoffs" is certainly a stats-driven argument. Lucic was head and shoulders above the rest of the forwards in checks delivered. It would seem you're under estimating the importance of the space Lucic creates for his linemates. I bet DK knows how valuable Lucic was to the playoff run.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez,

I understand your arguement with Lucic creating space for players like Krejci & that can't be measured in stats alone. So I agree with you on that aspect.

However, from what I recall of the playoffs Lucic was nowhere near himself. I seen a player who looked slower then normal, a player who made a number of defensive zone turnovers & a winger who had a hard time handling the puck along the boards during the breakout. He also did not play as physical as he has in the past or at least wasn't as effective with the physical side of the game that he is known to bring.

It appeared he wasn't moving his feet & had trouble keeping up with the pace. In hindsight it is understanable as it was later revealed he was playing with a broken toe. I give him full credit for playing the playoffs injured & gutting it out but I certainly thought his play in the playoffs was a far cry from what we have come to expect from him come April.

Perhaps the word "brutal" may have been to strong & I should have used "disappointing."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to offer Krejci? : Ok you like Krejci more than I like Ryan fair enough. Why keep Krejci if he isn't going to be your #1 center then ? I think building teams will be willing to out bid Chiarelli and make him a #1 center for a Mil more a year. I don't think the argument that Julien's system prevents players will hold water on this board anymore, Savard had 25 goals with 88 points under Claude and most believe that Seguin could be a 50 goal scorer in this league.

You see there is where I disagree. I think it is better to keep all of your better players & attempt to sign them to fair deals & keep the core that has brought you a Stanley Cup. I am a firm believer that the more "talent" you have the better the team will be. So why trade one of your top players prematurely when you should be building around your top players in order to repeat.

I realize it is a cap league & do feel that eventually you have to make tough decisions in order to be cap complient. But I don't feel that time is here yet regarding Seguin, Krejci & Bergeron. I feel as good as Seguin is offensively I feel there will be holes exposed in his game if he was given that top spot right now.

I would prefer to see him playing Center as I feel that is where his future is but it would be a lot safer for him & the organization to have both Bergy & Krejci as safety nets right now. So that is why I keep Krejci now if you can get him for a fair deal. If you sign him to 5.5 million dollar deal there is no doubt that he and/or Bergeron would be tradeable in the next couple of seasons when the inevitable happens & Seguin becomes the # 1 Center on this team.

If someone comes with an offer that knocks your socks off then I would deal him. But I would be very careful as we have all seen what he means to the team when he is playing at his top level & the guy is only 25 years old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's a big question Newfiebullet will Krejci and his agent take 5.5Mil ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]That's a big question Newfiebullet will Krejci and his agent take 5.5Mil ?

If not then you have to look at moving him. Especially if his current play continues. But I am certainly not going to give the guy away because of a tough 20 games.

If he is looking for 6 million + he better pick his game up. I think there is a ton of talent in the guy but he has been extremely dissapointing through the first 20 games. But given what he has shown in the past few years I would certainly not run from him. He is simply to good of a player to be playing at the level he is playing right now. Maybe there is more to it then we know publically.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]#1 C is starting to remind me of the ol' Justice Stewart "I know it when I see it." Last year, sheerly by point production, Krejci and Bergeron were 21 and 25 in production among centres.  In a thirty team league, that makes them #1 C in terms of scoring.  It's also worth noting that last year, only two C in the entire league had more than 82 points - Sedin and Stamkos.  So whatever your expectations are for a #1 C, make sure you're measuring with the right stick.  I'm willing to bet that if the majority of people saying Krejci and Bergeron aren't #1 Cs tried to list more than 10 players who ARE, they'd have a hard time.  Who do you add to this list: Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Sedin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Thornton, Getzlaf, Brad Richards...maybe Backstrom?  And if that's the list, you're not talking about #1Cs, you're talking about franchise players who play centre. And not to bait the Dog, but - "what has Edmonton done with their first round picks...?"  Doesn't look like they're in the Yakupov/Dumba sweeps, but if they'd signed Kessel instead of Toronto, it's entirely possible the Bruins would have Hall and RNH on the roster.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

great post bb.  hopefully it will make people realize bergeron and krejci are 1st line centers.

i tend to think this way when i read posters saying pc should go after another top 6 forward.  i think if you look around the league, the b's top 6 are pretty good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]#1 C is starting to remind me of the ol' Justice Stewart "I know it when I see it." Last year, sheerly by point production, Krejci and Bergeron were 21 and 25 in production among centres.  In a thirty team league, that makes them #1 C in terms of scoring.  It's also worth noting that last year, only two C in the entire league had more than 82 points - Sedin and Stamkos.  So whatever your expectations are for a #1 C, make sure you're measuring with the right stick.  I'm willing to bet that if the majority of people saying Krejci and Bergeron aren't #1 Cs tried to list more than 10 players who ARE, they'd have a hard time.  Who do you add to this list: Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Sedin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Thornton, Getzlaf, Brad Richards...maybe Backstrom?  And if that's the list, you're not talking about #1Cs, you're talking about franchise players who play centre. And not to bait the Dog, but - "what has Edmonton done with their first round picks...?"  Doesn't look like they're in the Yakupov/Dumba sweeps, but if they'd signed Kessel instead of Toronto, it's entirely possible the Bruins would have Hall and RNH on the roster.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

All good points as usual BB. For me, when I think about #1 centers - a big qualifier is that they have to be able to shoot the puck. While Bergeron and Krejci are highly talented centers who have a lot to offer, niether one can shoot
     (see power play). Actually, is Chris Kelly that much of a drop off ? You can win with three 2nd line centers- they did.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to offer Krejci? : Dez, I understand your arguement with Lucic creating space for players like Krejci & that can't be measured in stats alone. So I agree with you on that aspect. However, from what I recall of the playoffs Lucic was nowhere near himself. I seen a player who looked slower then normal, a player who made a number of defensive zone turnovers & a winger who had a hard time handling the puck along the boards during the breakout. He also did not play as physical as he has in the past or at least wasn't as effective with the physical side of the game that he is known to bring. It appeared he wasn't moving his feet & had trouble keeping up with the pace. In hindsight it is understanable as it was later revealed he was playing with a broken toe. I give him full credit for playing the playoffs injured & gutting it out but I certainly thought his play in the playoffs was a far cry from what we have come to expect from him come April. Perhaps the word "brutal" may have been to strong & I should have used "disappointing."
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    Newf, I can certainly buy that. Cheers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Since when can Bergeron not shoot????? I can understand with Krejci, as he has a quick release, but it doesn't have that much power to it, but Bergeron? When he was younger, he used to QB the powerplay in an umbrella. And Krejci may not have the hardest shot, but it's quick and it's accurate.
    Btw, I don't know what the power play is like this year (doesn't seem to be nearly as bad), but last year their biggest issue was just getting set up in the zone, not with their shooting.
    I guess if you idolized Johnny Wensink, you wouldn't know much about the actual play of hockey, and its likely that your favoriite players on the Bruins' initals are: ST, AM, GC. You wouldn't understand skill.

Btw, I do love Johnny Wensink, but when you say some stuff like that and have screen name after a pretty poor hockey player, it's obvious where your priorities are when assessing talent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Btw Krejci will NEVER score 90 points. Ever. In life.
    The B's would have to bring in some elite winger talent, or Krejci would have to be traded elsewhere.
    Playing with Horton and Lucic (whom I both love), Krejci will never top 80.
    I don't know why people are mentioning his age as a factor of "he's still getting better".....25 in hockey puts you at a point where you're not going to get much better. You are who you are as a player at that point, barring extenuating circumstances (See: Thomas, Tim).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Since when can Bergeron not shoot????? I can understand with Krejci, as he has a quick release, but it doesn't have that much power to it, but Bergeron? When he was younger, he used to QB the powerplay in an umbrella. And Krejci may not have the hardest shot, but it's quick and it's accurate. Btw, I don't know what the power play is like this year (doesn't seem to be nearly as bad), but last year their biggest issue was just getting set up in the zone, not with their shooting. I guess if you idolized Johnny Wensink, you wouldn't know much about the actual play of hockey, and its likely that your favoriite players on the Bruins' initals are: ST, AM, GC. You wouldn't understand skill. Btw, I do love Johnny Wensink, but when you say some stuff like that and have screen name after a pretty poor hockey player, it's obvious where your priorities are when assessing talent.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

Probably worth noting that Wensink scored 28 goals for the Bruins in 1978-79. Also chipped in 16 in the previous year.

Wensink is no David Krejci, not even close.  That said, you may want to do some some research before you just pop off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci does nothing on the PP he is terrible can't thread the cross ice pass and Bobby Ryan has scored 30+ goals 3 times no comparison, Murray would laugh at Chiarelli if that was the offer straight up.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Let me know when the meds where off we can debate. Maybe you'll have something worth reading...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to offer Krejci? : Ok you like Krejci more than I like Ryan fair enough. Why keep Krejci if he isn't going to be your #1 center then ? I think building teams will be willing to out bid Chiarelli and make him a #1 center for a Mil more a year. I don't think the argument that Julien's system prevents players will hold water on this board anymore, Savard had 25 goals with 88 points under Claude and most believe that Seguin could be a 50 goal scorer in this league.

This is the million dollar question...pun intended.

If you see Seguin as this team's #1 center, then what commitment do you make to DK, who will end up as your #2 or #3?  Would it make more sense to move him to bring back help elsewhere; wing or defense?

DK is a very good player, but might be a little overrated on this board. Career-best 73 points over two years ago. Posters still play the "he's young" card when he is 25 with over 350 NHL games under his belt, like high production is right around the corner.  Seems like DK is what he is, a solid 2-way center, nothing wrong with that, just how much do you pay for that?