What was the key game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Re: What was the key game?

In Response to Re: What was the key game?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What was the key game? : Hey..There is a site where you can go get what ever game you want and download it...I will try to get the name of the site,,,my Bruin buddy has all the games taped from there....
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]
    I would really like a link to that site. There's a couple of games that I would like to watch without the stress now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

it wasnt the real key play of the Mtl series but if into the ot in game 7 under a minute in the puck almost goes in off Seidenbergs skate and past timmy but just he  gets back in time...THAT was a close one too...my heart stopped briefly i think...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

key game? Game 7 v. Shamcouver, if you don't win, you don't win the Cup..That was the key game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

All good points.  Debating the "most" important though, only serves to minimize and confuse the journey.
     There were many turning points.  A negative result in any one of them, would have been doom for the Bruins.
    Since this playoff was so close to home, maybe now, many here will see what it takes to win it all.  First, you must have a good team.  Second, you must be healthy, and third, you must be lucky.
    I know...only 3 ingredients to going all the way?  Sure there's more...just hitting the high points.
    You "can't" put a team together to win it all.  You can't "expect" it.  You can only put yourself in a "position" to win, and go from there.
    The B's have won 3 cups since 1970, and in my opinion, none of those teams were as good as the 71 edition.  Just so many variables on the road to the cup.
    As spectacular, as last years failure was, it had nothing on how spectacular this years success played out.
    You've gotta be good, but man ya sure gotta be lucky too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Have to agree Game 4.  I was watching the game in hostile environment with some friends who happen to be Habs fans.  When Mtl scored that goal to make it 3-1 the Bell Centre went crazy.  If we go down  3 - 1 in that series we would've been history.  My friends were all over me, singing "stanley cup, stanley cup"....but I would not leave the hostile environment...when claude called that timeout I knew we would calm down and not give up....the goal ryder scored over Price's shoulder was phenomenal.  And then to fall 4 -3 in the 3rd and then to tie it up and Then for Michael Ryder, of all people to score int OT was the icing on the cake...I left the hostile environment chanting, "stanley cup, stanley cup"...one of the proudest moments of my life as a Bruins fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Have to agree Game 4.  I was watching the game in hostile environment with some friends who happen to be Habs fans.  When Mtl scored that goal to make it 3-1 the Bell Centre went crazy.  If we go down  3 - 1 in that series we would've been history.  My friends were all over me, singing "stanley cup, stanley cup"....but I would not leave the hostile environment...when claude called that timeout I knew we would calm down and not give up....the goal ryder scored over Price's shoulder was phenomenal.  And then to fall 4 -3 in the 3rd and then to tie it up and Then for Michael Ryder, of all people to score int OT was the icing on the cake...I left the hostile environment chanting, "stanley cup, stanley cup"...one of the proudest moments of my life as a Bruins fan.
    Posted by Couldthisbetheyear[/QUOTE]

Awesome story!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

So many to choose from, but for me, the Ference goal in Game 4 against the scabs. A character goal by a character player. And then he gives the Hab fans the finger. Does it get any better??????????? NOPE! LOVE YOUR GAME, AF!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

Ference slapper and salute to the crowd as mentioned,

Hortons game 7 beauty against Tampa

Marchands brilliant shorty in game 3 against Van Neutered

Hows that for a top 3 goals of the post season?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What was the key game? : It also got Big Z out of the potential dog house since it was his giveaway that led to the chance.  I'd give Ryder the edge on style points, though...he really looked like a goalie making that glove save--and it WAS a beauty!
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

TRY- I am not trying to be different but when i think of a huge game to me its game 2 against philly.  going up against those mtl games and the tb game 7 and van game 7 is tough and probably not as significant but i really started to believe in this team making a serious run at lord stanley after krejci's overtime winner in game 2 at philly. vanriemsdyk comes out and scores to 29 seconds into the game then again 9 mins later to go up 2-0.  it was vanreimsdyk coming out party and Thomas was awesome after the 2 goals. i dont just a thought i guess. they were all awesome!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

In Response to What was the key game?:
    [QUOTE] The Bruins were down 2 games to 1, and trailed late in the game 3-1 before storming back. If they lose that game, I can't see them taking that first series and moving on.  en Mtl. goes ahead 4-3. For any previous Bruins team, it's a death knell--but not this one. Clock keeps ticking. Under 15 mins. Under 10. Under 6, and you figure--it's hopeless...but then one of PC's character guy/trades (Chris Kelly) comes thru by planting himself in front of the net and refusing to move until he pokes the puck in by price. When you see the replay you notice how ficused Kelly had to be. The puck was in between legs/skates/lying just in front of Price who in another half second would have seen it and punced on it. But Kelly pounced first. OT--former Canadian Michael Ryder scores his 2nd goal o [/QUOTE]

my buddy watched as incredibly, they came back down 3-1. at that point, i knew this was a different team. remember kelly payed the price for that goal having to wear the cage for the next two weeks. what a game. this run was memorable with or without the cup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What was the key game? : TRY- I am not trying to be different but when i think of a huge game to me its game 2 against philly.  going up against those mtl games and the tb game 7 and van game 7 is tough and probably not as significant but i really started to believe in this team making a serious run at lord stanley after krejci's overtime winner in game 2 at philly. vanriemsdyk comes out and scores to 29 seconds into the game then again 9 mins later to go up 2-0.  it was vanreimsdyk coming out party and Thomas was awesome after the 2 goals. i dont just a thought i guess. they were all awesome!
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

an excellent point, Loyal...
    I think much of the Flyers series is overlooked b/c it was  a sweep...but you reminded me of that situation in game 2, and yeah, who knows what happens if Philly wins that game? I still think Mtl. Game 4 was the one (for me), but really any of these 16 could be argued as critical.