What was up with the ice tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboman88. Show zamboman88's posts

What was up with the ice tonight?

As a professional Icemaker I find it hard to believe that the icemen in Boston looked like they didn't know what they were doing.  Apparently the ice over one of the logos had become thin and so they were pouring water over it.  A big no no.  You cannot just pour water and hope it will freeze instantly.  misting it with a spray nossle over and over is the only way to build up the ice.  It made the crew look very suspect to say the least.  Someone there should have known this.  and then they just squeegeed it off to make the ice even thinner.  I know it was warm there but they made it much worse than they had to.  There should be no problem to keep good ice in that arena....its Boston not Florida!  Go Bruins.  Make there fans feel the pain in there own barn.  I hate the habs as much as I love the BRUINS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: What was up with the ice tonight?

Wish I made Ice for a living.  Didn't notice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good strategic move by the Garden crew...slow down the Habs using any means possible!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: What was up with the ice tonight?:
    Good strategic move by the Garden crew...slow down the Habs using any means possible!
    Posted by hangnail

I was thinking the opposite, yah the Habs would slow down, but it would also slow down the Bruins.

I was wondering about that as well and embarassed.  It was humid out yesterday, but not that warm, actually reasonably cool out.

The old garden couldn't stand up to much, but I think it could have handled yesterday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: What was up with the ice tonight?:
    In Response to Re: What was up with the ice tonight? : I was thinking the opposite, yah the Habs would slow down, but it would also slow down the Bruins. I was wondering about that as well and embarassed.  It was humid out yesterday, but not that warm, actually reasonably cool out. The old garden couldn't stand up to much, but I think it could have handled yesterday.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Yea, I doubt it was weather related, and it was just something that happened by chance.  There is no conspiracy theory, I was just throwing that out there for fun!

Sections
Shortcuts