What will Chiarelli do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

What will Chiarelli do?

9 Days to go. Who do we pick up for the remainder of the season? We keep what we have and add only.
    Below is a list of available LHD that Chiarelli would be interested in among teams ready to sell UFA's. Edmonton,Calgary,Buffalo,Florida and NY Islanders. Also belive Dallas along with a few other team situations will be an exception to the rule here as they will want to move some players rather they remain in the hunt or not. This list may open up more on deadline day if some bubble teams dont do well in these 9 days. They will have to determind rather they have a shot at post season or not...(like dropping like a stone Vancouver :)

#1 NYI MacDonald. #47 LHD | 6'0", 185 lbs Age 27 on Pace for: 32pts TOI 25:33 S:94 PTSPG .39
    2013 Scouting Report:
    Assets:     Moves the puck out of the defensive zone efficiently. Is a poised defender with a good hockey brain who can log an awful lot of ice time. Smart and technically strong, he also has some offensive ability.
    Flaws:     Is somewhat prone to injury. Also, he would be best served to start playing a more consistent game in the physicality department in order to maximize his shutdown acumen at the highest level.
    Potential:     Mobile big-minute defenseman.

#2 BS Tallinder #20 LHD | 6'4", 215 lbs Age 35 on Pace for: 11pts TOI 19:07 S:52 PTSPG .16
    2013 Scouting Report:
    Assets:     Has good size and hockey sense from the back end. A dependable and savvy player, he excels when given plenty of ice time in a shutdown role against top scorers.
    Flaws:     Lacks consistency in the offensive zone, and won't produce huge numbers in the NHL anyway. Has stepped up his physical play, but he's still not a bruising defender.
    Potential:     Savvy veteran shutdown defenseman.

#3 Columbus Nikita Nikitin #6 D | 6'3", 217 lbs. Age 27 on Pace for: 21pts TOI 17:12 S:107 PTSPG .28
    2013 Scouting Report:
    Assets:     Has a nice combination of size and great mobility for the National Hockey League game. Moves the puck well and displays all-round acumen. Can fire the rubber disc. Relies on poise and good anticipation in the defensive zone.
    Flaws:     Seems willing but doesn't play much of a physical game, and could stand to be a little more aggressive overall for a player with his impressive size (6-3, 217 pounds). Also, he must be more consistent defensively.
    Potential:     Solid puck-moving defenseman with size.

other mentionables
    #? Edmonton Nick Schultz #15 LHD | 6'2", 203 lbs Age 31 on Pace for: 6pts TOI 16:56 S:33 PTSPG .08
    2013 Scouting Report:
    Assets:     Has excellent mobility and grit for the blueline position. Plays with poise and is capable of logging a lot of minutes. Always gives his all and leads by example.
    Flaws:     Lacks the physicality to truly dominate offensive forwards. Doesn't play with a lot of confidence in the offensive zone at the National Hockey League level.
    Potential:     Solid defensive defenseman.

#? Philadelphia Andrej Meszaros #41 LHD | 6'2", 223 lbs Age 28 on Pace for: 27pts TOI 17:10 S:85 PTSPG .47
    2013 Scouting Report:
    Assets:     Owns the ability to lead the rush and move the puck with swift passing skills. Can fire the puck from the point and has ideal size for an NHL defenseman. Is willing to play the body and also adept at playing on his off-side (right).
    Flaws:     Tends to put himself out of position from time to time, so he needs to focus more on positionally-sound hockey when in the defensive zone. Is inconsistent in the physical department, despite the size to be dominant.
    Potential:     Inconsistent all-round defenseman.

#? Winnipeg Mark Stuart #5 LHD | 6'2", 213 lbs Age 29 on Pace for: 12pts TOI 17:46 S:70 PTSPG .17
    2013 Scouting Report:
    Assets:     Is a fluent skater and he loves to lay on the body. Flourishes in a stay-at-home role and also owns leadership qualities. Has good team-first qualities.
    Flaws:     Isn't a natural player with the puck, and won't ever be confused with Bobby Orr on the score sheet. Could stand to play with more consistent aggression.
    Potential:     Decent defensive defenseman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: What will Chiarelli do?

I got a feeling you might see someone from the olympics thats undrafted or unsigned, just a gut feeling. Of all those you mentioned I like McDonald

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

NONE OF THE ABOVE

WE NEED A BLOCKBUSTER TRADE INCLUDING SUBBAN IN A PACKAGE AND MAYBE SPOONER ....WE NEED TO GET AN IMPACT PLAYER BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Dupont yesterday on CSNNE stated the Bs would make it to the ECF as constituted with only an addition of a rental.  He goes on to say the Bs would have a chance to make it to the SCF.  As I have stated many times I feel and think the Bs could make it to the ECF.  Yet, if they do reach the SCF I don't think the defense is strong enough to handle teams like Anaheim or Chicago. A bold move is best, or wait another year.   

The above choices are logical and most probable given the state of mind of PC, Cam and company.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ty-Anderson/Bruins-wont-rush-trade/141/58150

Also:

Would we dare give up one of our youg D for a Girardi? It looks now he is very much avaialble.

Feb 24th NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports the Rangers contract talks with Callahan and Dan Girardi appear to be at a stalemate, and it’s believed he’s willing to shop them rather than lose them for nothing this summer to free agency.
    Rangers Dan Girardi #5 D | 6'1", 203 lbs. RHD | 6'1", 203 lbs Age 29 on Pace for: 24pts TOI 22:40 S:97 PTSPG .29
    2013 Scouting Report:
    Assets:     Owns good size, shot-blocking ability and defensive awareness. Is also a decent puck-moving blueliner who gets out of danger in his own zone with aplomb. Can log impressive minute totals. A durable player, he plays through injuries.
    Flaws:     Lacks consistency on offense and in the hitting department, which prevents him from raising his game to an elite level. Could stand to use his 6-1, 206-pound frame more in order to be even more effective in shutting opposing forwards down.
    Potential:     Big-minute shutdown defenseman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ty-Anderson/Bruins-wont-rush-trade/141/58150

Also:

Would we dare give up one of our youg D for a Girardi? It looks now he is very much avaialble.

Feb 24th NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports the Rangers contract talks with Callahan and Dan Girardi appear to be at a stalemate, and it’s believed he’s willing to shop them rather than lose them for nothing this summer to free agency.
    Rangers Dan Girardi #5 D | 6'1", 203 lbs. RHD | 6'1", 203 lbs Age 29 on Pace for: 24pts TOI 22:40 S:97 PTSPG .29
    2013 Scouting Report:
    Assets:     Owns good size, shot-blocking ability and defensive awareness. Is also a decent puck-moving blueliner who gets out of danger in his own zone with aplomb. Can log impressive minute totals. A durable player, he plays through injuries.
    Flaws:     Lacks consistency on offense and in the hitting department, which prevents him from raising his game to an elite level. Could stand to use his 6-1, 206-pound frame more in order to be even more effective in shutting opposing forwards down.
    Potential:     Big-minute shutdown defenseman.

good work NB

these are the types of players i would have dealt for seguin.  Both these guys will cost max.  As much as i would love both i dont think it happens.   Girardi is the type hes looking for.  He wants more defensive then offensive.  

id love to have both.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bartkowski, KoKo, 2014 Bruins 1st rounder and 6 Regina Pizzeria franchises for Byfuglien!

Then I want to see Fat and Buff have a pizza eating contest. My money is on Buff!

BAM!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bartkowski, KoKo, 2014 Bruins 1st rounder and 6 Regina Pizzeria franchises for Byfuglien!

Then I want to see Fat and Buff have a pizza eating contest. My money is on Buff!

BAM!

My first thought was not enough for a player like Buff with 2Y 5.2M CH left but when I see you throw in 6 Franchises it all made scents. Really though with Winnipeg still in it, Don't see him goning anywhere. We would have to add Boychuk in the mix for him. I would rather have a better shutdown D than Buff. Although he would look real good upfront on our PP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I've always liked Mark Stuart from when he played in Boston. Would be the ideal Seidenberg replacement.

What is the cost? That's the main factor.

I feel confident in what Boston currently has. If further injuries occur, different story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Mark would be a depth player. He plays simular to MacQuaid and Miller. A good pick up that would only cost us a 3rd or 4th pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

I've always liked Mark Stuart from when he played in Boston. Would be the ideal Seidenberg replacement.

I feel confident in what Boston currently has. If further injuries occur, different story.

I liked him too, but hes no Seidenberg. We need someone who can eat those minutes. I dont think Stuart is that guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Like the Mark Stuart idea.  I don't think we need a home run on this, but we do need some defensive re-inforcements just in case Boychuck, McQuaid, Hamilton, or god forbid Chara go down.  I think that we need to maintain our balance between our puck movers and our defensive guys.

I think we want to avoid having too many smaller defensemen out there.  So if a defensive guy goes down we could slide a Mark Stuart in no problem.

Plus, Stewart is a beast and would thrive in the physical playoff atmosphere

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Totally agree I've mentioned it before stuart is a strong defensive dman with toughness. I sure like to see him back in boston. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Totally agree I've mentioned it before stuart is a strong defensive dman with toughness. I sure like to see him back in boston. 

add stuart to this d group and i'm not sure he's in the top 6. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

add stuart to this d group and i'm not sure he's in the top 6. 

I liked Stuart when he was a Bruin but have to agree he isn't near a replacement for Seidenberg and wouldn't bring anything that isn't in the B's top six already, Chara,McQuaid and Miller bring what Mark has in spades.If he is being brought in as an injury replacement,as in 7th d-man,ok,a 4th round pick should do it.If not,the B's should sit tight.Girardi still hasn't signed and maybe he can be had for the right price,whatever that is.As i said in another thread,i don't think the B's are going to hit a homerun,they'll to go with what they have.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Dupont yesterday on CSNNE stated the Bs would make it to the ECF as constituted with only an addition of a rental.  He goes on to say the Bs would have a chance to make it to the SCF.  As I have stated many times I feel and think the Bs could make it to the ECF.  Yet, if they do reach the SCF I don't think the defense is strong enough to handle teams like Anaheim or Chicago. A bold move is best, or wait another year.   

The above choices are logical and most probable given the state of mind of PC, Cam and company.  

Don't worry, Issy. Anaheim and Chicago won't make it to the Final.

San Jose is going to sneak in for their first shot at the Cup only to suffer their most heart-breaking defeat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stuart is a nice 5-6.  We need a top 2.  Chara is a year older.  He needs help.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

And with that pick up, you would need to "sell the farm"?

Like I said, Cost effective, short term

Sieds is coming back, right?

Stuart is the best fit for the cost.

Also feel fine with what Boston has right now. Kids gotta experience some time

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When you say "sell the farm"... what is that to you ?

What players would you say are untouchable ?

How long do you think the Bruins will be competing for the cup with the core it has ?

PS. Here's cost effective - Daugvins, Mottau, Zanon, Redden, Whitfield and Rolston etc.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara doesnt agree with you i bet.  He wants to win with the core group.  Stuart is no better then McQ and Miller.  We need someone who can log big minutes.  As for seidz i wouldnt hold my breath.   I dont think any team is going to sell the farm.  A player and a pick should get us an upgrade.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it would be cost effective to sign wade redden, and it does just about as picking up mark stuart. he does nothing for us unless there are massive injuries. I'd rather have Bart, Miller, or McQuaid play. Stuart would take those guys ice time, not seidenbergs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

No need for a BIG trade.  Why is everybody trying to trade our assets for just a good player ? We only need someone to replace Seidenberg during the playoffs. I'am confident that our young defensemen will be pretty good in a year or two... In the meantime, let's be patient ,while obtaining a good replacement player, just a good one, no need for an outstanding d-man.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Claudorr's comment:

No need for a BIG trade.  Why is everybody trying to trade our assets for just a good player ? We only need someone to replace Seidenberg during the playoffs. I'am confident that our young defensemen will be pretty good in a year or two... In the meantime, let's be patient ,while obtaining a good replacement player, just a good one, no need for an outstanding d-man.

Seidz is our #2 guy.  I dont think we need a big trade but we sure as heck need a good player to fill those skates.   We also dont have AF this year for the playoffs and McQ has turned into a band aid.   We need a upgrade and this core needs it this year.  These young guys may be better in a year or two but chara will be older and slowing down more.  

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

In response to islamorada's comment:

Don't worry, Issy. Anaheim and Chicago won't make it to the Final.

San Jose is going to sneak in for their first shot at the Cup only to suffer their most heart-breaking defeat.

Vs who? 

• Sections
    Shortcuts