What will Chiarelli do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: What will Chiarelli do?

My bet is on the safe move over the blockbuster... so I will say Stuart.

but a bigger deal still possible just maybe not the names mentioned above (maybe Volchenkov.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i don't get why anyone wants stuart. it does literally nothing unless there are two more injuries on the blue line. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

A player like Volchenkov (A shutdown LHD with 0 offense - 2 years left @ 4.250\y) would cost the bruins a D like Boychuk plus. That opens the list up to many others that would be more palatable than Volchenkov. We would only make a trade like that for the right player which will not be available. So we look at UFA’s that may be. A player like Stuart can be had without touching our roster and would only be depth. He would not even see ice time unless injury comes playoff time. We need players like that as well.  We have the chips and cap space to add a top 9 winger, Top 3 D and a depth D if we can swing it. But players have to be available for it to happen.  Signed players are mostly off limits unless your willing to pay a ransom and not even then...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A player like Volchenkov (A shutdown LHD with 0 offense - 2 years left @ 4.250\y) would cost the bruins a D like Boychuk plus.

Why would it cost the B's Boychuk ?

And what would stop the Devils (as a team currently on the outside of the playoffs looking in ) to ask for younger, cheaper picks and prospects if they wanted to unload Volchenkov ?

That opens the list up to many others that would be more palatable than Volchenkov. We would only make a trade like that for the right player which will not be available.

More palatable ?

Volchnekov fits the Seidenberg mold as a tough, hard hitting, mind your own end type of defenceman. 

Bringing along a contract that still has term to it with his style of game would be "palatable" for me. I like him.

Fantasy trade accepted...........providing Boychuk stays put.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

A player like Volchenkov (A shutdown LHD with 0 offense - 2 years left @ 4.250\y) would cost the bruins a D like Boychuk plus. That opens the list up to many others that would be more palatable than Volchenkov. We would only make a trade like that for the right player which will not be available. So we look at UFA’s that may be. A player like Stuart can be had without touching our roster and would only be depth. He would not even see ice time unless injury comes playoff time. We need players like that as well.  We have the chips and cap space to add a top 9 winger, Top 3 D and a depth D if we can swing it. But players have to be available for it to happen.  Signed players are mostly off limits unless your willing to pay a ransom and not even then...

Devils are gonna be in rebuild mode in short order.  Volchenkov when healthy would be ideal.  But there is no way i trade a better player(Boychuk) for him.  I think we will get an idea on what players will cost soon enough.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Pffft. Volchenkov. He wasn't even on the Russian Olympic squad. Wait, maybe that's a good thing. :p

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Pffft. Volchenkov. He wasn't even on the Russian Olympic squad. Wait, maybe that's a good thing. :p

He should have been.  They were god awful in all aspects of defense.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Hey guys ...PC is not an idiot ...Mark Stuart or Volvhenkov wont help the BRUINS ...give me a break ...we need much more that that to improve the team forget all your mickey mouse deals PC is an experimented GM. And will go agpfter the REAL DEAL believe me ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we bring in a player with term beyond this year we have to move salary.

Right now NJ is only 3pts away from a playoff spot. If they did move a D it would be Marek and I do not see that happening for the very same reason that they are still in the hunt.  Even if they lose til Mar 5th. The price would be very high to pry a player they have no intention of moving.

As far as the Palatable comment I guess that was too strong of a word there. I only mean it would open up other alternative players to consider if we made a bold move like that. Volchnekov is a bit injury prone player that I would not want to risk high value for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

seids on ltir .pc will go after chris phillips

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Hey guys ...PC is not an idiot ...Mark Stuart or Volvhenkov wont help the BRUINS ...give me a break ...we need much more that that to improve the team forget all your mickey mouse deals PC is an experimented GM. And will go agpfter the REAL DEAL believe me ....

Hey Stanley, What is the real deal that Chiarelli can do. Adding Stuart is a posibility. Not what we really need but what real deal is out there for Chia to do, who comes and who goes. I think the deal you are looking for is an off season deal but this thread is not about that. What will Chiarelli do?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Believe me?   

Something that will never ever happen.  Believe me!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Right now NJ is only 3pts away from a playoff spot. If they did move a D it would be Marek and I do not see that happening for the very same reason that they are still in the hunt.  Even if they lose til Mar 5th. The price would be very high to pry a player they have no intention of moving.

As far as the Palatable comment I guess that was too strong of a word there. I only mean it would open up other alternative players to consider if we made a bold move like that. Volchnekov is a bit injury prone player that I would not want to risk high value for.

Their best perfromers are old and on one year contracts. They signed them to sell them. They are in rebuild mode. Jagr, Ryder, Volchencov are all players they will try to move.

Boychuk is a player that A. the devils wouldn't ask for because they wouldn't want him. and B. would be a HUGE overpayment. and no. salary doesn't have to go the other way to make this work at all. They would be making the trade for this year, and then re-evaluating after. It's done all the time. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:

seids on ltir .pc will go after chris phillips

philips would be ideal. Ottawa would have to drop out of the hunt though. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

They are only 3 pts out but have to leap frog 5 teamsi think lou is pretty crafty and realizes he doesnt have what it takes to make the playoffs(Or he will by the end of the weekend).  I think he will deal off all valuable pieces.  Jagr will be going somewhere as will marty.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm scouting Tallinder Wednesday but i'm going to need BadHabs advice watching his skating. PC does have his love affair with ol Ottawa personel.

I think ATrain stays put becuase Lou Lam has to somehow get the Devils into the playoffs. Not that there fans actually will show up for the games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

PC will not over pay.  And the team is in pretty good shape and is deep.  Minor deal or no deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

I have never known Lou Lamoriello Pres\GM to rebuild. A 5 team jump with a 3 pt spread is still very doable at this stage of the season. They don’t need Marty anymore. If the deal is mutual he will most likely go. Maybe jagr maybe not. Lou doesn’t give up he is still in it. NJ and BB are not a good trade matchup. Detroit is very vulnerable right now.

As far as Ottawa goes they are very much going for it don’t see Philips coming our way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

PC will not over pay.  And the team is in pretty good shape and is deep.  Minor deal or no deal.

Deep where?  I love our 1st 2 lines.  After that well not so much.  On the backend we may be deep in young players but when you take seidz and af out of the lineup we are starving for a stud back there.  

PC will do what he thinks it will take to win the cup.  Kaberle was an overpay as was jagr. He went all in on morrow and iggy.   PC has stated he wants to find a guy that is a minute eater and plays solid defense.   

I think our top 2 lines are better then ladt year.  I think our bottom 2 lines are no better.  I think our defense is much worse.   I would like a 3rd line fwd and a top 4 dman.   I trust boychuk chara and krug on our backend.  I would put McQ in there but hes too injury prone and is a 5-6.   No trust in hamilton yet.  I think bart will be dealt.  The bottom line is who do you play in place of the large minutes that AF and Seidz played...which was also very physical minutes and in pk situations.   Chara shouldnt be playing more minutes bc of this.  He needs someone that can chew up those minutes and pk.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I have never known Lou Lamoriello Pres\GM to rebuild. A 5 team jump with a 3 pt spread is still very doable at this stage of the season. They don’t need Marty anymore. If the deal is mutual he will most likely go. Maybe jagr maybe not. Lou doesn’t give up he is still in it. NJ and BB are not a good trade matchup. Detroit is very vulnerable right now.

As far as Ottawa goes they are very much going for it don’t see Philips coming our way.

Like i said.  We will see what happens in a weeks time.  I say they sell the farm if they dont make ground.  Lou is a wise old man.  If he can make his team better long term he will.   If he can make a run he will also add on.  i dont see them making the playoffs.  Detroit may be vulnerable but they also arent shy to add on.  And from past experience they are a sneaky group that arent shy to make deals.  The last team i want the bruins to play in round one is detroit.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

[QUOTE]

Very interested in volch. The guy is a stand out defensively. Come trade deadline he will be showcased and I think hell be traded . 

New jers won't make playoffs and the incredibl e years of nj success might finally be coming to an end. One thing cant underestimate lou - a remarkable hockey mind

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

he's never been in this spot before. surely he knows even if he squeeks into the playoffs its one and done. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

he's never been in this spot before. surely he knows even if he squeeks into the playoffs its one and done. 

I thought that the year they went to the cup.  Haha. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If people want a New Jersey d-man,then why not Bryce Salvador,6'3",215 lbs,left hand shot,1 yr left on $3.2 mil deal. Not big on the offensive side ,but the B's have that already.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

http://nesn.com/2014/02/bruins-potential-trade-targets-bs-likely-to-look-for-defensive-depth/

by Mike Cole on Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 7:04PM

The Bruins will do something (but not much) at the trade deadline. When Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli wants to get a deal done, he usually gets a deal done — unless the Calgary Flames are involved. Chiarelli has made it known that he’d like to add a defenseman after losing Dennis Seidenberg for the rest of the season. He has some options, but it won’t be easy. The reduced salary cap is making movement difficult for all general managers, but Chiarelli should be able to make something happen. He’s happy with his team as it stands, but adding a little bit more depth on the blue line could make all the difference for a team like the Bruins.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/02/bruins-will-run-away-with-atlantic-division-and-other-bs-stretch-run-predictions/
    by Mike Cole on Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:07AM

by Mike Cole on Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:07AM

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/02/bruins-will-run-away-with-atlantic-division-and-other-bs-stretch-run-predictions/ by Mike Cole on Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:07AM

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/02/bruins-will-run-away-with-atlantic-division-and-other-bs-stretch-run-predictions/

Sections
Shortcuts