What will Chiarelli do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: What will Chiarelli do?

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

Its one thing trading seguin it's another to Get zilch for him.  We deserved better.

As I said though blame him for not winning the cup last yr then commend him for winning the cup in 2011

That in itself warranted more patience. 

I think smith is something.  I think loui is gonna finish strong.   

I think so too.

Im also liking the idea of getting loui with bergie marchand.  Bergie didnt start strong.  Hes playing unreal right now as is marchand.  Lets get those two lines solid.  Build on the 3rd a little.  Add a minute eater on the back end.   We are set.  

Thats my thought process as well, adding in that Eriksson looked more like his old self at the Olympics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

big bust ericksson replaces seguin............

................and his big bust 1 goal output from last year's playoffs.

So you wanted seguin out while he was in boston?

No.

Were you satisfied with his performances the last 3 playoffs ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I still think there is a greater upside to Loui than dealing him away... time will tell.

Not with a concussion history and a dip in offensive output. This isn't going to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Can only judge him from what he's done so far in boston. We can't know the future however 4 goals in 22 playoff games in dallas is not an upgrade

[/QUOTE]

As we are with Seguin's Bruins playoff performances. The opportunity to shine for him was given. He was surrunded by a very good team. 

As a Bruin .......in the playoffs .............realistically, he wasn't very good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I still think there is a greater upside to Loui than dealing him away... time will tell.

Not with a concussion history and a dip in offensive output. This isn't going to happen.

Bergeron has a concussion history and look at the monster contract he got.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think sans point was nobody is going to give up anything for him becuase of the concussions. A couple incident free productive years removed like Bergeron and it's a different story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[/QUOTE]

Well 50 blz I get that and the fact he was  partying magnified his lack of goal scoring 10

Now though allow me to indulge in this.  If we say we could have won cup if seg scored then we didn't win cup cuz he didn't score- fine

Then in 2011 we can also say that we won a cup because of seg since he had that great game and the series Went seven vs tb

[/QUOTE]

So there you have it Marco,you've finally said it yourself,Sequins legendary playoff career is based on one game.Big deal,that happened 3 yrs ago,lets wait and see what Loui does in the playoffs,like i said i'm sure he can get 1 goal like Sequins did last year.If he does the unthinkable in your eyes and scores 2,wow,he will have eclipsed Sequins output from last year.Lets stay current.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

18 points in 42 playoff games isn't enough to keep you in town when you betray a teammate. also. rugby?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Shupe's right.  I didn't like the idea of trading Seguin. He neglects to mention that I was talking primarily about dealing him for a chance to draft Drouin.  

I've criticized Chiarelli's drafting, his handling of the scouting staff, his fascination with NCAA players.  Marco, Loui isn't taboo.  But you have absolutely nothing new to say.  You wish they hadn't made the move and you want it to turn out poorly so you can gloat.  You're going to say that's not true, but it's what every post you make sounds like.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bergeron wasn't traded or even shopped and during the 1st 18 months of his comeback no GM would have traded for him. Thus the extension once Patrice showed he had recovered.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Sheer point of fact is that 29 teams fail every year and one succeeds. If you play the knowitall and claim you know the Bruins will lose because of some move you don't like, the odds are 29-1 in your favour that you'll be right about the failure and claim you were right about the reason.

if the Bruins don't win the cup this year, Marco will blame Loui and shupe will blame Rask's contract, and Rusty will blame Jacobs, and Stanley will blame Thornton and pauly will blame NAS. And there will be no way to prove any damn one of them is right or that the options they prefer would have made a difference, but fantasy is a powerful drug, so....

I have no issue with Eriksson's game because I think he'll get rewarded for the way he plays over the long haul. Declaring he must produce now for whatever stupid reason is foolish. He doesn't have to do anything for you or to make you happy.  He keeps playing the way he is, he'll make the team happy, and then you can mope about that.

Book

It's not what he does that bothers me   - it's the way he does it. I'm not sure I've seen anyone play more vanilla than this guy. That's a deal breaker for me.

I was excited to get him...boy was I wrong.

I'd say Loui is one big issue, the other is ...

Mcquaid - Ference - Seidenberg

Hamilton - Krug - Bartkowski

Do the math

Deal breaker for me too. His pass to set up Campbell's SHG was excellent, but that's it. And I would not put him on Bergie's line - he simply has to earn it first, and he doesn't play like he wants to earn anything. Whatever he had done while playing in Dallas should not make a difference.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Shupe's right.  I didn't like the idea of trading Seguin. He neglects to mention that I was talking primarily about dealing him for a chance to draft Drouin.  

I've criticized Chiarelli's drafting, his handling of the scouting staff, his fascination with NCAA players.  Marco, Loui isn't taboo.  But you have absolutely nothing new to say.  You wish they hadn't made the move and you want it to turn out poorly so you can gloat.  You're going to say that's not true, but it's what every post you make sounds like.

Thats all you said in regards to trading seguin?   excluding the drouin portion.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Lets get this back on Topic.

The Hottest rumor out there seems to be Chris Philips. Ottawa doesn't seem to want to give him a 2 year extension and the Bruins are very interested along with the Blues, Oilers and Sharks. Chris is still a good shutdown D that ups his level in the playoffs and would play 20-22 minutes a game. We could offer them Cross and a 3rd but most likely would have to up the anti...

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:

The Hottest rumor out there seems to be Chris Philips. Ottawa doesn't seem to want to give him a 2 year extension and the Bruins are very interested along with the Blues, Oilers and Sharks. Chris is still a good shutdown D that ups his level in the playoffs and would play 20-22 minutes a game. We could offer them Cross and a 3rd but most likely would have to up the anti...

If they are a year apart they are talking extension.  I dont see him being dealt bc they still have a shot at the playoffs and he obviously wants to stay there.  

Douglas Murray. two 2nd rounders.   Dont be shocked if thats the gold stanard for these types.  

Yes it seems some how that Ottawa and Philips will get a deal done as they both want the same thing unless they let him go with the intent of resigning him in the off season again.

If thats the case we are back to looking for Depth like Philadelphia's Andrej Meszaros or give up a first for MacDonald.

Yes it seems some how that Ottawa and Philips will get a deal done as they both want the same thing unless they let him go with the intent of resigning him in the off season again.

If thats the case we are back to looking for Depth like Philadelphia's Andrej Meszaros or give up a first for MacDonald.

Meszaros has been playing well for a philly team thats in the middle of the east.  I dont see philly helping us.  Zero chance i give a first for macdonald.  to me he is not that good.   id like Tallinder.   I really wanted gleason.  he really cost the leafs nothing.  Hes exactly what i want.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Cross and a third won't get us anyone that can help us, let alone Phillips. I'm not opposed to giving up our first rounder for someone that can help. Where we'll pick in that round is a crapshoot anyhow.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Cross and a third won't get us anyone that can help us, let alone Phillips. I'm not opposed to giving up our first rounder for someone that can help. Where we'll pick in that round is a crapshoot anyhow.

I figure it'll be between 27th-30th again.

Regarding Talllinder. He is not what he once was. Even this year he has been scratched a couple of times. Does he still have effective stuff?

For Philips we may have to go Morrow or Spooner and a Second? That seems too high. I wouldn't give my 1st pick for Chris.

If we are going to get bold we may have to offer Bartowski, a first and a Top prospect (Morrow) for  Ehrhoff.

Not sure I'd give up Bart if he can become a Top 4 D.

If we end up with Schultz. We can probibly get him for a 3rd or 4th. Last minute deal if nothing pans out. He would be a good bench warmer if we need him but was hopping for a better D to come our way. Macdonald would be good. To give up a first for him though would be tough.

Regarding Talllinder. He is not what he once was. Even this year he has been scratched a couple of times. Does he still have effective stuff?

For Philips we may have to go Morrow or Spooner and a Second? That seems too high. I wouldn't give my 1st pick for Chris.

If we are going to get bold we may have to offer Bartowski, a first and a Top prospect (Morrow) for  Ehrhoff.

Not sure I'd give up Bart if he can become a Top 4 D.

If we end up with Schultz. We can probibly get him for a 3rd or 4th. Last minute deal if nothing pans out. He would be a good bench warmer if we need him but was hopping for a better D to come our way. Macdonald would be good. To give up a first for him though would be tough.

Tallinder paired with Hamilton would be ideal for me.  Boychuk with chara.  Krug with McQ.   Tallinder is a guy who helped myers game big time.  So much so that they brought him back.  

Waiting for the chips to fall

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/bruins-trade-options-deadline-looming#slide-1

• Sections
    Shortcuts