What will PC do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

What will PC do?

Depending on the seriousness of the injury to Chara, will PC try to NOW go after another big minute, all around d-man? Or; does he just hope that Kamper can do  well?

Shupe & Dez the 2 knowledgable d-men on here. If you could swing a deal with Nasville to grab Suter would you & who do you give up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: What will PC do?

Why would PC have to do anything?

It's five months to the playoffs. I doubt Bruins don't make the playoffs without Chara. Lots of time for Chara to heal, and he will certainly be fresh for a long playoff run.

Give Kampfer a chance, and give Boychuk more responsibilities. It will be better for the team in the long run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to What will PC do?:
    [QUOTE]Depending on the seriousness of the injury to Chara, will PC try to NOW go after another big minute, all around d-man? Or; does he just hope that Kamper can do  well? Shupe & Dez the 2 knowledgable d-men on here. If you could swing a deal with Nasville to grab Suter would you & who do you give up?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I guess it would all depend on how the boys play in his absence. What I'd be willing to offer for Suter and what it would take to get him would probably be way off. It would take quite a package to pry him loose and the money to re-sign him would be huge. Bring him in and someone in the core would have to go in return. I'm not sure how much I like that idea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Suter is a guy I have been talking about a lot.  He is solid as they come.  To get Nashville to answer the phone a 1st rounder and DK might be a starting point.  They are goal starved.  Wonder if Horton/pick prospect would work.  I am just throwing names but Suter would be an absolute find.  Problem is a team like the Devils or Oilers have many assets like Parise or all the Oiler talent.

I dont think it will be major.  PC should look around but I wouldnt make any huge moves.   But we need a Dman that can fill in...have to get someone.  We hopefully wont see it very long but I have no issue resting the big fella if hes nicked up.  No one gets more stressful minutes than he does.  Hes a rock

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Chara is built like a brick craphouse... he won't be out long.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I am positive Chara will be fine and i agree with Dez. time for the d to show up w/o their babysitter. Kampfer been itching to play and most likely he will be with McQuaid as 5 and 6 d, i am not sure who the seven d man will be in the travel but like i said depth is important and that is something the Bruins do not lack.

" What me worry"CoolLaughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What will PC do?:[QUOTE] Wonder if Horton/pick prospect would work.  I am just throwing names but Suter would be an absolute find.  Problem is a team like the Devils or Oilers have many assets like Parise or all the Oiler talent. I dont think it will be major.  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Who would have to throw in the prospects and/or picks Nashville or New Jersey ?
    If the Oilers somehow pried Suter out of Nashville, wow would that propel Edmonton to be an even better team than they already are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: What will PC do?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? : Who would have to throw in the prospects and/or picks Nashville or New Jersey ? If the Oilers somehow pried Suter out of Nashville, wow would that propel Edmonton to be an even better team than they already are.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, do you think Hemsky, Omark and Teubert could get it done?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What will PC do?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? : San, do you think Hemsky, Omark and Teubert could get it done? Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Hemsky the "Ryder of the west" talent but why isn't he more consistent, me thinks he is part if a deadline deal for toughness on the blueline for Tambelinni. For Suter I would think one of the big guns Hall, RNH or Eberle would have to be in play No ?

I me Howson will not be fleeced he knows what he has in Suter it will be tough for opposing GMs...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Suter is a guy I have been talking about a lot.  He is solid as they come.  To get Nashville to answer the phone a 1st rounder and DK might be a starting point.  They are goal starved.  Wonder if Horton/pick prospect would work.  I am just throwing names but Suter would be an absolute find.  Problem is a team like the Devils or Oilers have many assets like Parise or all the Oiler talent. I dont think it will be major.  PC should look around but I wouldnt make any huge moves.   But we need a Dman that can fill in...have to get someone.  We hopefully wont see it very long but I have no issue resting the big fella if hes nicked up.  No one gets more stressful minutes than he does.  Hes a rock
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

That's just it . D-men are high commodity's today and the prices will be high.
    Many teams looking for that type of defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? : Hemsky the "Ryder of the west" talent but why isn't he more consistent, me thinks he is part if a deadline deal for toughness on the blueline for Tambelinni. For Suter I would think one of the big guns Hall, RNH or Eberle would have to be in play No ? I me Howson will not be fleeced he knows what he has in Suter it will be tough for opposing GMs...

No is right . Tambellini is building and those kids are the blocks . Poile not Howson btw.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? : Hemsky the "Ryder of the west" talent but why isn't he more consistent, me thinks he is part if a deadline deal for toughness on the blueline for Tambelinni. For Suter I would think one of the big guns Hall, RNH or Eberle would have to be in play No ? I me Howson will not be fleeced he knows what he has in Suter it will be tough for opposing GMs...
    Opposing GM's know that they'd be trading for a guy that'll need to be re-signed though so it makes it slightly more difficult.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

You are right that acquiring Suter will test any G.M.s mettle. If Hamilton were not on the horizon, the Bruins might give it a whirl, but IMO Chiarelli will opt for a Kelly-like D-man from a team that would be helped by Hamill, Arneil, or Mc Dermid package that might also include Corvo or Boychuck. The remaining pairings are the challenge because Seids becomes the primary shutdown, and needs to be paired with a large, good skating defensive D-man. Currently only Boychuck or Kamfer fill some of that capability. Ference and McQuaid will move up to #2 pairing; that leaves Corvo with either Boychuck [OK] or Kamfer [ too small/ potential mistakes]. This potential problem shows up the Bruins most glaring lack of depth as most of Providence are very young [20-23] and inexperienced/still developing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]You are right that acquiring Suter will test any G.M.s mettle. If Hamilton were not on the horizon, the Bruins might give it a whirl, but IMO Chiarelli will opt for a Kelly-like D-man from a team that would be helped by Hamill, Arneil, or Mc Dermid package that might also include Corvo or Boychuck. The remaining pairings are the challenge because Seids becomes the primary shutdown, and needs to be paired with a large, good skating defensive D-man. Currently only Boychuck or Kamfer fill some of that capability. Ference and McQuaid will move up to #2 pairing; that leaves Corvo with either Boychuck [OK] or Kamfer [ too small/ potential mistakes]. This potential problem shows up the Bruins most glaring lack of depth as most of Providence are very young [20-23] and inexperienced/still developing.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

This goes for many teams . 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Chara should rest even if it is a minor injury.  In a month PC will be better able to assess  the defense as a unit.  Suter undoubtedly would cost the Bs Krejci, AHL winger and a 1st round pick.  Not a good deal on many fronts.  Bogosian would be a better candidate in a trade.  Bogie is correct on Kampfer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Chara out six to eight weeks.  Hmm PC may be looking to boost the defense corp within the month.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have no desire to get Suter.  To me, he is to Weber what Seidenberg is to Chara. If Chara is out, Suter does not replace him. If Chara comes back, we don't need him. Since the cost would be high I don't want that deal. If you are going to be giving up a lot, you better get someone who can actually give you a Chara kind of game, like Weber himself. Otherwise, maybe pick up a solid vet if Chara will be out a long time, but nothing expensive. You can't replace Zdeno, so there is no point in trying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

On a another column re: the Flyers, with Pronger out, they mentined Grossman, a swedish defensive defenseman with Dallas. looking at Dallas on capgeek, they have three centers , Dowell,Wandell, and Peterson who don't appear to have any great offensive skills. This could make Grossman a Chiarelli target using Hamill and Arneil, we know they can skate and play, and Arneil scored well last year, plus was one of the last Bruins cuts this year. Any other suggestions or possibilities ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What will PC do?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? : No is right . Tambellini is building and those kids are the blocks . Poile not Howson btw. Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Muy Bueno for the correction don't know why I always flip flip those two one is successful, one is not. I'm not sure if Tambellini would totally balk if one of the Oilers prized possessions were asked for because it might mean the difference in Edmonton getting further in the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't see Edmonton trading for the nephew of the man who hurt Gretzky. But if they did, there would be some irony.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? : Muy Bueno for the correction don't know why I always flip flip those two one is successful, one is not. I'm not sure if Tambellini would totally balk if one of the Oilers prized possessions were asked for because it might mean the difference in Edmonton getting further in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What will PC do?:[QUOTE] Bogosian would be a better candidate in a trade.  Bogie is correct on Kampfer!Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Bogosian could be in play but later if the Jets start to fade out of 10th place which I think they will.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I don't see Edmonton trading for the nephew of the man who hurt Gretzky. But if they did, there would be some irony. In Response to Re: What will PC do? :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I can't see them sacrificing Hall, RNH or Eberle to trade for a player who they can bid on come July 1 ( and IMO won't ). It would really make no sense for them as they are a team that is building through the draft and then to trade one of them for a rental just to get a shot at making the playoffs. I don't see that happening with any of those 3 players who should be part of their core down the road.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? : Bogosian could be in play but later if the Jets start to fade out of 10th place which I think they will.
    I really like Bogosian but they really like him in the Peg too. Since Enstrom went down, Bogosian plays more than anyone on the Jets. Byfuglien gets the money but Bogo gets more ice-time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What will PC do?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? :  just to get a shot at making the playoffs. Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

You don't think the Oilers will make the playoffs ? Have you been watching Jim mora videos ? LoL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will PC do? : You don't think the Oilers will make the playoffs ? Have you been watching Jim mora videos ? LoL!

Love that clip still every time I see it . That and AI's 'practice' clip.