What will PC do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: What will PC do?

In Response to Re: What will PC do?:
    [QUOTE]True, dez, but I don't think you could say that's because he went to play with better players.  His last year in NJ, he was the third leading scorer behind Elias and Gomez (back when Gomez played hockey).  First year in Anaheim, he was the third leading scorer behind Selanne and MacDonald.  I would suggest the up-tick had more to do with getting away from the Devils' system to a system where he could carry the puck more. Using Niedermeyer as an example, though - look at the Devils' roster his best year - 57 points in 97-98.  Their leading scorer was Bobby Holik with 65.  Next was Niedermeyer.  They had a bunch of fading stars in Gilmour, Andreychuk, Steve Thomas; and a bunch of young guys in Elias, Morrison, and Arnott who weren't yet fully fledged NHLers (well, Arnott more or less).  In 00-01, he had what was his third best season in terms of points/game, but would only have been 10th on the team in scoring at 50 points (he had 35 in 57 games). Fits my point about a guy getting better numbers with a weakerr offensive roster. Basically, if this is the best example, I wouldn't be calling it a general principle that guys get more points playing with better players.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    I think you're right BB. Your question just got me thinking and he was the only guy I came up with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well if there is a "historical pattern" that's kinda a blue print though. So if Suter goes to a team that has finishing wingers then his numbers will go up. If Pitkanen went to Pittsburgh, Detroit or Tampa his offensive numbers would go through the roof. If Mark Stuart goes to those teams his offensive numbers don't go up because their is a history to show his numbers won't change.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Oates smart retort to Book, I was thinking the same with regards to Pronger.  Pronger makes all others and teams better up until the past two years of injury. 

As for the Chara news, I sincerely hope the Bs management team tells the man to be back after the holidays.  Rest before the real season starts (winter), 34 years of age, and a defense that needs to step up in his absence are all good reasons to let Chara sit until the egg nogg spoils in the refrigerator. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If something drastic happened to Chara. Suter would be & is the best option as a replacement as someone who's the best available. For those of you that think Weber is the one that stirs Suter? You havent been paying attention because there was a lot of talk that it actually was the oter way around for awhile. Not knocking Weber, he's a Norris front runner for yrs to come, but don't under value Suter when you admitted that you don't watch Nashville that much. Both are fantastic d-men!