What would Hall have?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

What would Hall have?

How many points would Taylor Hall have if he were a Bruin instead of Tyler Seguin. I havent seen enough of Hall to comment but Im interested in what other (more informed) posters think Hall would have done if he were a Bruin?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: What would Hall have?

Hall is more NHL ready than Tyler and likely would be on one of the top lines.  Marchand probably doesnt have the season he is having if Hall is here.

Hall is more physically ready for the NHL and believe he likely would have better totals than with Edmonton based on the fact he would have been with Bergie and Recchi.  Two proven leaders and good players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I should add he is more mentally ready as well. The one knock would be his own end play which likely would hurt his totals some. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Like Shupe said above . All the scouts and experts were saying he would be more NHL ready and thta's one of the main reasons the Oilers took him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Shupe is right, Hall is more NHL ready, he was touted that way going into the draft as well.  Hall has 1 extra year of juniors and therefore developement than Seguin.  That being said, Hall was struggling worse than Seguin for the first 2 months of the season (well until thanks giving).  Not sure Hall would have found himself out of Juliens dog house to have a chance to get enough minutes to find his way as he has in edmonton.  Hall still has plenty of defensive problems in his game as a teenager, and that would have him on Clods 10 minute a night plan and never would have had the chance to play 18 a night.  Halls minutes in Edmonton have given him almost an entire extra season than Seguins experience now.

Of course, Hall playing on a terrible tema where he gets pp mins and top 2 line minute make the difference as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Shupe, those defensive deficiencies would land him playing with thornton in Claude's world.

While I think he would be better than Seguin even in that role, it wouldn't be 12 goals vs 20 like it is now.  maybe 12 vs 15? 

Another reason, while seguin has played some wing, he's mostly played center, which has much more responsibility and makes it tougher to learn at this level.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

A sour look on his face and expressions of exasperation from his lack of playing time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hall has more game breaking ability at this time.  He would have been on the top two lines.  He makes things happen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Hall would have a smile on his face because he'd be going to the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: What would Hall have?:
    Hall has more game breaking ability at this time.  He would have been on the top two lines.  He makes things happen. 
    Posted by shuperman

I HIGHLY doubt he would be on the top two lines.  Like it was said before, he is supsect defensively and Claude would banish him to the fourth line for extended periods of time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seguin is on the 4th line b/c he isnt ready for the NHL.  Hall is on the top line in Edmonton b/c he makes things happen.  He may be suspect on the back end but he confidence and IS NHL ready.  Thats the big difference in my opinion.  And even if he was on the 4th line I believe he would up better numbers at this point in their careers. 
    Its not a matter of me liking one over the other.  One is ready, one isnt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: What would Hall have?:
    Seguin is on the 4th line b/c he isnt ready for the NHL.  Hall is on the top line in Edmonton b/c he makes things happen.  He may be suspect on the back end but he confidence and IS NHL ready.  Thats the big difference in my opinion.  And even if he was on the 4th line I believe he would up better numbers at this point in their careers.  Its not a matter of me liking one over the other.  One is ready, one isnt.
    Posted by shuperman

I agree that his numbers may be slightly better but I don't believe he would be on the top two lines.  Just based on my understanding of Claude's coaching style.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Clod would have him throttled back immensely. I've watched about 10 Oiler games and he plays wide open most of the time. Given he has the freedom to do so and show his talent, I wonder how Seguin would do with the Oilers?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

More minutes then Seguin with more points then he has with the Oilers now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree with your statement.  Hall plays wide open with no fear of making a mistake.  He has been given a gold card to play his game and make things happen.  And he has. I don't think Seguin has that side to his game for starters and secondly he is not ready.

That's my main point.  Hall is ready  Seguin isnt. 

Sections
Shortcuts